[#2]
@Vengeance6661 but did you die?
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Fear not, for I am still alive. Nothing else has happened since the haunted tablet turned itself on.

But right now I am watching Friday the 13th, so who knows what the rest of the night has in store.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fear not, for I am still alive. Nothing else has happened since the haunted tablet turned itself on.

But right now I am watching Friday the 13th, so who knows what the rest of the night has in store.
View Quote

Ch ch ch Ah ah ah.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Really?  And how exactly did you come to know everything that can (and cannot) happen in this world?  Seriously--I'd like you to explain it to me.  It must be pretty awesome, knowing so much.

This woman (link below) and her family began displaying paranormal phenomena.  The case was investigated by the Catholic church, and she underwent the Rite of Exorcism in 2014.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/27/family-possessed-seeks-exorcism/4939953/

At one point when they were being treated at the hospital her son walked backwards up the wall.  This was witnessed by a nurse at the hospital.

From the article:

...According to Washington's original DCS report— an account corroborated by Walker, the nurse — the 9-year-old had a "weird grin" and walked backward up a wall to the ceiling. He then flipped over Campbell, landing on his feet. He never let go of his grandmother's hand.

"He walked up the wall, flipped over her and stood there," Walker told The Star. "There's no way he could've done that."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just finished watching The Conjuring because it's almost Halloween and that's what one does. Head into the bathroom to draw my shower. All of the sudden I hear a loud video being played. Figured it was my wife on her phone, but it's odd for her to be playing a video that loud as our sons asleep across the hall. Wait a minute and the loud video doesn't stop playing. I venture out into the hallway and the children's video is coming from the office. It's my son's tablet that just randomly began playing on the highest volume. Out of the blue. Coincidental?

There are only two rational and plausible explanations:

1.  You are suffering from a psychotic break that manifests as auditory and visual hallucinations.
2.  You are making things up out of whole cloth.

There is no paranormal. There are no ghosts. There are no spooks, haunts, demons, spirits, pixies, imps or lost souls wandering around moaning and saying "BOO!".  The sooner you realize this, the less supernatural bullshit you will find hiding under the bed.

This.

Really?  And how exactly did you come to know everything that can (and cannot) happen in this world?  Seriously--I'd like you to explain it to me.  It must be pretty awesome, knowing so much.

This woman (link below) and her family began displaying paranormal phenomena.  The case was investigated by the Catholic church, and she underwent the Rite of Exorcism in 2014.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/27/family-possessed-seeks-exorcism/4939953/

At one point when they were being treated at the hospital her son walked backwards up the wall.  This was witnessed by a nurse at the hospital.

From the article:

...According to Washington's original DCS report— an account corroborated by Walker, the nurse — the 9-year-old had a "weird grin" and walked backward up a wall to the ceiling. He then flipped over Campbell, landing on his feet. He never let go of his grandmother's hand.

"He walked up the wall, flipped over her and stood there," Walker told The Star. "There's no way he could've done that."

All ya gotta do is prove it. But you can't.  And for all the stories, there's never any irrefutably definitive proof or photographic evidence.  How do you explain that people who don't believe in the paranormal are never the ones to experience paranormal things?  Seems like it would be the modern equivalent of Saul getting knocked off his ass.

Here's the real answer:  Because paranormal bullshit is the rationalized product of defective thinking that can't tell the difference between something they don't understand and ghosts. It's called critical thinking. Try it out sometime.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did OP die?
View Quote

Have a seance and see if you can conjure him up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glad you made it!
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No such thing as ghosts. Only demons.

If ghosts were real, hospitals would literally be night of living dead.  But they aren't. I had to live in one for 2 months.

But demons?  That stuff is real. And if you are seeing them, your soul is in danger. They haunt the weak.
View Quote

I like that there are so many genuine Christians on this board.
Good to see my brothers in Christ in action.
God Bless!
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've had grown men say that. Then they come out and camp at my place (country living).

They re-fucking-fuse to ever camp out here again. Some of them flat out won't come back to the property. My own brother REFUSES to spend the night (he helped me a lot with renovation/construction) because "no fucking way."

There ain't shit until your eyes get as big as saucers and then you turn and say "DID YOU SEE THAT!!!!!"
View Quote

I guarantee you take some true skeptics not a damn think will happen.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I consider myself both an educated and spiritual man.  Sometimes, I have difficulty reconciling the two.  I'm also a religious man-- a Christian.

I don't believe in "ghosts" in the classical sense of the term.  I do believe in demons, fallen angels... whatever. My lack of belief in ghosts stems from my view that any souls will have transitioned to their afterlife and not be anchored here.  I really don't buy into the notion that a soul can either through choice or accident remain.  I think what is interpreted as ghosts are other forms of spirits, or just imagination.

That said, I have had exactly two "paranormal" experiences in my life of which I am absolutely certain. Both, I know were not so much "paranormal" as they were religious, yet I guess it still falls within the same umbrella.

The first was when I heard a voice instructing me on a course of action that I had originally been against.  The voice wasn't in my head. It was in a location-- behind my left side. It had a discernible tone and dialect, and not one that my subconscious mind would have constructed.  And it occurred in a room where I was alone and on speaker phone with my father-in-law.  That voice told me that it was my path to adopt my son whom would at the time be born in 3 months. Through our fertility issues, I had been against considering adopting, and my father in law called me to inform me that he knew of a person looking a family to adopt a child.  I found myself repeating the words of the voice to my father in law without my consciously willing myself to talk-- like I was watching myself in a movie.

The second is also tied to my son.  I live in a family home built by my great-grandfather by his own hand.  Interestingly enough, both he and my great-grandmother died in this house, and both had their funerals in the living room of the house.  My great-grandfather had expressed his desire that no one other than a _____ (last name) ever lived in this house.  I was laying in bed in the master bedroom with my son asleep next to me and my wife on the other side of the bed reading a book.  I was wondering what he (great grandfather) would think of my son being the legacy of our family (only son and adopted-- not his blood.)

While I was thinking about this, I saw a dark shape walk out of the living room and into the hall that connects the bedrooms.  The shape moved away from us and into the room we set up for my son.  It is relevant that the room that we set up for my son was my great-grandfather's bedroom when he was alive.  I looked at my wife and asked her if she saw what I saw or was I imagining things. She couldn't speak. She just shook her head and had a look of fear on her face.

I got up and walked up the hall. I'll be damned if I know what a 1911 could do in this instance, but I had one with me.  I walked into my son's bedroom and there was nothing there.  However, I instantly got a feeling of peace and warmth fall over me, and I found myself smiling.

The question that I had been thinking about that night was one that I had thought about in the past more than once.  It is my belief that God allowed my ancestor to give me an answer to that question. I felt that there was acceptance, approval, or whatever.

My house is not haunted.  That was the one and only time that I have experienced anything like that before or since.   I believe that both of those experiences were not "ghost" stories, but rather a religious experience.  God used different tools to give me either guidance or answers that I needed.

I do believe that I saw my great-grandfather's spirit, but I believe that the experience was a one-time message when it was needed.

I went back into the room and told my wife all of this, and she admitted that when I went into the room her fear melted away and she felt a calm.  

Take what you want from this.  Some here will think I am nuts, and that is OK.  I've nothing to prove to anyone, and what is thought of me won't change any of our lives.  I've got nothing to gain or lose from sharing this.  I certainly don't share it among those that know me in my community.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if you are watching that stupid movie, then I can tell you the rest of your night has that idiotically annoying "TCH TCH TCH...tch tch tch!" sound effect in store.

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Still alive. Shower was uneventful. Still hearing bangs and thumps that are unprecedented. There is sometbing eerie going on here tonight. Or it's all in my imagination.
View Quote

Been getting that a lot myself, that time of year when the acorns start falling.  The make a surprising amount of noise on certain parts of the roof.  It’s like living in some weird oak tree bukakke movie.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How old is your house?  If it's older, maybe someone passed away there.
View Quote

You may have over look that an entity may have attached on him and now is in the home.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#15]
You invited Satan in.

Good luck,
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:12:36 AM EDT
[#16]
never had a 'paranormal event'

however, every time I failed to listen to my intuition, I got in trouble.

Don't take this higher paying job - it won't last.

don't marry this girl, even though objectively there was nothing wrong - on the surface.

Don't move here. Don't rent this house.

In all of the above, there was no logical reason why it was so, yet when I didn't listen, things went south.

I think people have intuition. And it manifests itself in various ways.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:20:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Not coincidental op.
Toss in shower and turn on cold water to trap the demon inside
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

All ya gotta do is prove it. But you can't.  And for all the stories, there's never any irrefutably definitive proof or photographic evidence.  How do you explain that people who don't believe in the paranormal are never the ones to experience paranormal things?  Seems like it would be the modern equivalent of Saul getting knocked off his ass.

Here's the real answer:  Because paranormal bullshit is the rationalized product of defective thinking that can't tell the difference between something they don't understand and ghosts. It's called critical thinking. Try it out sometime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just finished watching The Conjuring because it's almost Halloween and that's what one does. Head into the bathroom to draw my shower. All of the sudden I hear a loud video being played. Figured it was my wife on her phone, but it's odd for her to be playing a video that loud as our sons asleep across the hall. Wait a minute and the loud video doesn't stop playing. I venture out into the hallway and the children's video is coming from the office. It's my son's tablet that just randomly began playing on the highest volume. Out of the blue. Coincidental?

There are only two rational and plausible explanations:

1.  You are suffering from a psychotic break that manifests as auditory and visual hallucinations.
2.  You are making things up out of whole cloth.

There is no paranormal. There are no ghosts. There are no spooks, haunts, demons, spirits, pixies, imps or lost souls wandering around moaning and saying "BOO!".  The sooner you realize this, the less supernatural bullshit you will find hiding under the bed.

This.

From the article:

You're thinking about it wrong.  You are assuming that it is neutral phenomena--it isn't.  It (revelation of larger reality) is used as a tactic by spiritual entities with agency and intellect and will.  Satan doesn't show himself to atheists, because he already has them exactly where he wants them--for them to believe that the spiritual realm does not exist is a win for him.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top