Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2021 3:13:24 AM EDT
Got tested Friday, mild fever, bouts of vertigo, runny nose...

Just got an automated email from the Dr. with the following:

Your Value
DETECTED

Standard Value
Not Detected

Am I reading this right? That is a positive test? Take 2 paid weeks off work?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:36:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Why did you get tested?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:36:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  You have covid.  

Watch your O2 saturation and stay home/ avoid contact with others.

In before the covidisascam idiots.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:37:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why did you get tested?
View Quote

First line of OP. OP has symptoms.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]
There’s no need to get tested.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:40:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you want to get paid to stay home there is.
There is also the whole not being a selfish asshole and infecting others part too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:43:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why did you get tested?
View Quote

So bad he wasn't sure if he had it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:45:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why did you get tested?

And more detail: on the 8th went to my Dr. for a presumed ear infection. It was sore, had some dizziness. She told me if other symptoms appeared get tested. Thursday had a mild fever, still had the dizziness and had developed a runny nose. So, I got tested...

The bouts of dizziness are strange. Never had vertigo but it’s what I imagine it to be like. The room can spin so hard I’ll nearly fall out of a chair if sitting. If walking will stumble to a knee it there is a wall to catch.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:48:16 AM EDT
[#8]
The FLU
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:53:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

Doomer thread.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:55:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Could be just a cold but if I had it to do over I would start with D3, zinc and something to help the zinc such as quercetin or hydroxychloroquine with prescription. No antipyretics.

Didn’t realize that’s what I had because it was so mild. It made my damaged lungs a bit worse and I,
‘m still getting headaches. Just the fatigue alone is bad enough to not ignore it.

Also our response to it is easily the biggest scam in my lifetime. Very treatable if you act quickly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:58:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There is also the whole not being a selfish asshole and infecting others part too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So like the flu, you should stay home and not infect others? noted.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:59:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I got tested because my job required it. I tested positive. I had the flu for 8 days and now I'm fine

Wife got it and she was so sick, I was starting to worry.

Mother in law (lives with us) got it and she got put on a ventilator yesterday.

This shit affects people different, and it comes on FAST.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:16:31 AM EDT
[#13]

imagine being so triggered by covid that someone says the sentence "i have covid" and you think they're a doomer

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:54:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And more detail: on the 8th went to my Dr. for a presumed ear infection. It was sore, had some dizziness. She told me if other symptoms appeared get tested. Thursday had a mild fever, still had the dizziness and had developed a runny nose. So, I got tested...

The bouts of dizziness are strange. Never had vertigo but it’s what I imagine it to be like. The room can spin so hard I’ll nearly fall out of a chair if sitting. If walking will stumble to a knee it there is a wall to catch.
View Quote

Yeah you should be checking your SPO2 Sats.

Otherwise, hydrate and take vitamin C,D,and Zinc
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:01:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I had it last week. I was sick for four days and getting worse. Then I took some Ivermectin and started feeling better that day. I continued the Ivermectin for another four days.

My severe flu symptoms downgraded to a head cold and mild coughing for the next three days. I was able to go to the gym and resume normal activities two days after the Ivermectin.

Covid-19 is a weird virus. I had major insomnia, body aches, severe fatigue, severe headaches, severe head congestion but only mild chest congestion and coughing. I lost all sense of smell, and felt generally awful.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:22:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's not? Man, someone better tell my employer that (I'm off quarantine Tuesday)
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:35:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Maybe you have it. Maybe you don't.

Sometimes a bad case of herpes will result in a false positive on the Covid test.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:35:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Have you died yet?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:51:41 AM EDT
[#19]
My dad just got out of the hospital Friday from a two week stay.  My mom remains uninfected thank God.  Shit kicked my dad's ass and he is one stout dude, he said it humbled him like nothing before.  It affects everyone differently, weird ass virus.

Take care OP, prayers inbound that it's just a mild cold for you
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#21]
You have Covid, get well soon and take care of yourself.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:25:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Dibs on guns and ammo stash!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:27:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Thank you for getting tested so the communists can lock down more shit

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You have Covid, get well soon and take care of yourself.
View Quote

+1
Adding that I hope you end up being one of the people who get a mild case.

OP would you have taken the vaccine if it had been available before you contracted the virus?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe you have it. Maybe you don't.

Sometimes a bad case of herpes will result in a false positive on the Covid test.

View Quote

What would be considered a GOOD case of herpes?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

+1

OP would you have taken the vaccine if it had been available before you contracted the virus?
View Quote

Not likely, 2002 I got the Flu shot and wound up in the hospital with an allergic reaction. Whole body was covered in hives and was having serious breathing issues. Since then the only shot I’ve gotten is tetanus.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I tested positive. Started off with 99.8 type fever, headaches,  malaise, scratchy but not sore throat, a little congestion.  Had dizziness a few days later, but only for a day or two.  Progressed to trouble breathing for several days, had body aches and occasional sharp pains in my lungs.  Finished off with an upset stomach.  

I had a mild to moderate case, apparently.  I have asthma so of course I was concerned, but I took Vitamin D every day and monitored my O2 sat.  It hits people so differently.  I never completely lost my sense of taste or smell.  

Take care OP and hope you have a mild case.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not likely, 2002 I got the Flu shot and wound up in the hospital with an allergic reaction. Whole body was covered in hives and was having serious breathing issues. Since then the only shot I’ve gotten is tetanus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Makes sense and thank you for responding. I'm no expert but flu vaccine is made in eggs and many people have a reaction to the egg protein while covid is not made in eggs and there are other major differences that make comparison apples to oranges. It seems to me that many folks who have trouble with the flu shot could take the covid immunization without issue but then again not claiming to be an expert.

The nasal cavity lining and brain tissue have a good amount of ACE2 expression, not as much as the small intestine and some other tissue but that may partially explain the dizziness, loss of smell, etc. Nerve cells in general have a moderate level of ACE2 it seems based on what I read.

Interesting to take note of the fact that many people shed pounds while they have covid and the reasons are probaby many (feel like sh1+, no sense of taste, etc.) but the small intetstine and adapose tissue are at the upper end of the scale for ACE2 expression.

I'll stop babbling but here again wishing you a quick, quick recovery!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Hope you feel better soon.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Your Value
DETECTED

Standard Value
Not Detected

View Quote

I had it last week. I'm 47 yoa, fit with no health issues. It was a cold for me. It was only after I lost my sense of smell that I went to get tested. I quarantined for 10 days from the start of my symptoms. I drank lots of rum and learned how to play Fortnite.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Your Value
DETECTED

Standard Value
Not Detected

View Quote

You’ve only got a 99.97% chance of surviving it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Thank you for getting tested so the communists can lock down more shit
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:58:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I had it last week. I was sick for four days and getting worse. Then I took some Ivermectin and started feeling better that day. I continued the Ivermectin for another four days.

My severe flu symptoms downgraded to a head cold and mild coughing for the next three days. I was able to go to the gym and resume normal activities two days after the Ivermectin.

Covid-19 is a weird virus. I had major insomnia, body aches, severe fatigue, severe headaches, severe head congestion but only mild chest congestion and coughing. I lost all sense of smell, and felt generally awful.
View Quote

So you were still sick and went to the gym?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:06:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.  Hoping the poster's timeline got lost in translation or its a home gym.  Otherwise its a purely selfish dick-move.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Could be just a cold but if I had it to do over I would start with D3, zinc and something to help the zinc such as quercetin or hydroxychloroquine with prescription. No antipyretics.

Didn’t realize that’s what I had because it was so mild. It made my damaged lungs a bit worse and I,
‘m still getting headaches. Just the fatigue alone is bad enough to not ignore it.

Also our response to it is easily the biggest scam in my lifetime. Very treatable if you act quickly.
View Quote

Wife and I tested positive.  We did the same regime but added C and did ivermectin which is coincidentally available as horse dewormer at your local feed store and also coincidentally is metered in 50 pound increments (25 if you are judiciously detailed).  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top