OP gonna be brownelled.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
lol
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm hoping Brownells will give up in exasperation and sell it to me for pennies on the dollar....

How many dollars did they pay???
View Quote
Honestly, wonder what this site is even worth?
5 figures?
6?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#4]
How do you know they're not here all the time posting bad memes and arguing with the nevertrumpers?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#6]
It's like the time my Bishop decided to turn an empty warehouse into a dance club.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't understand all this Brownell's talk.

What did they get into?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#10]
At least we wern't bought by cheaper than dirt
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
This post has been Deleted by CHEAPER THAN DIRT!

Edit. Seriously though. I've always been a big fan of AR-15.com. I've been a lurker here for years. And Brownells has always been a great company and I've purchased Gun stuff from them for years. So I really hope thing don't go to sideways with the new arrangement. In all sincerity.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

5 figures?
6?
View Quote
Depends if they're thic or thicc...
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

5 figures?
6?
View Quote
If the joint clears $200k a year, which sounds very reasonable, it would be worth at least $1mill.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did they have a clue how mostly out of control the posters on this site can be? Any challenge to the zaniness of GD will be rebuffed with a big ol up yours to anyone in authority?
View Quote
I am guessing whoever at brownells suggest it is setting with their head in their hands right now asking "why god, why?"
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I always wondered why they bought the site, I wouldn’t have had I been in their position. They could have just started their own technical site.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Did they have a clue how mostly out of control the posters on this site can be? Any challenge to the zaniness of GD will be rebuffed with a big ol up yours to anyone in authority?
View Quote

we are the God Emperor Trump of discussion forums!
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#19]
The real question is, if they hadn't told us would anybody have noticed?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Brownellsdidthis.gif
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:06:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I always wondered why they bought the site, I wouldn’t have had I been in their position. They could have just started their own technical site.
View Quote
From a business standpoint it makes sense, however the public aquisition of said site does raise some eyebrows.

A quiet aquisition utilizing a shell company and making no changes other than increasing their advertising presence for a few months would have been almost unnoticed.  Every few month's Goatboy could roll out new "features" and new "mods" could be added along the way but they have made the IT cardinal sin.

In the Internets, change should be im'perceivable. Just like the herd on the Serengeti, if one animal of the herd notice's something "off" they stare at it. Other animals in the herd notice the staring and also stare, at some point they decide if what they are looking at is worth it or not. Then they either keep staring, look at something else or run away.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I’m guessing this site isn’t a huge portion of their profit. Probably a large portion of aggravation though.
View Quote
Isn't it nice to be known for something?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Their site, their rules.

I only wish they had the common decency to post what their expectations and rules are for the site.

Clearly the rules have changed. Just post the new fucking rules.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do NOT joke about serious stuff. This is really a big deal guys. Do you not know how big of a deal it is? Because it's a pretty big deal.
View Quote
Do you also love Brownells?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:25:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For me, it's the Brownells. The best firearms and accessories retailer. I even ask for extra discount codes and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for Magpul Pmags and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly Brownells worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three Pmags. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local Brownells, I go there at least 3 times a week at lunch and a large case of Hornady Frontier with an AR Stoner upper instead of Federal XM193, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great deal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily shooting needs.

I even dip my Pmags in CLP sauce, it's delicious! What a great retailer.
View Quote
Do they share my belief that the 2nd Amendment is about hunting too?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:26:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For me, it's the Brownells. The best firearms and accessories retailer. I even ask for extra discount codes and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for Magpul Pmags and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly Brownells worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three Pmags. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local Brownells, I go there at least 3 times a week at lunch and a large case of Hornady Frontier with an AR Stoner upper instead of Federal XM193, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great deal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily shooting needs.

Muh deer.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Muh deer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Muh deer.
You should follow our example, and make militias illegal.
Guns are obviously only for hunting and trap shooting.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:33:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Buy an internet hate engine.

Get pissed when the hate engine acts like a hate engine.

Spouts bullshit to try to control the internet hate engine.

Only a woman could have that Business sense.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:35:02 AM EDT
[#30]
You guys know they're other places to post random shit that you don't have to worry about heavy handed moderation, right?

AR15.com GD is the uptight asshole of free speech when it comes to discussion boards.

/pol/, /k/, /fit/

It may be a tad much for you boomers to digest but true freedom is messy with the occasional n word but sticks and stones and all that.

Edit: Just saw my post count, dubs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:38:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You guys know they're other places to post random shit that you don't have to worry about heavy handed moderation, right?

AR15.com GD is the uptight asshole of free speech when it comes to discussion boards.

/pol/, /k/, /fit/

It may be a tad much for you boomers to digest but true freedom is messy with the occasional n word but sticks and stones and all that.

Edit: Just saw my post cost, dubs.
View Quote
Everyone here is scared of 4chan.

Even the Q worshipers are afraid to go there.

Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Brownellsdidthis.gif
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's where them there nazis and racists hang out. They will back trace you.

I even provided a handy link for them to click. KhazarMilkerBasketWeavingForum
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Eventually would think they would reach a point that people link to them "I'm not buying stuff from them if I can help it".
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:42:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Eventually would think they would reach a point that people link to them "I'm not buying stuff from them if I can help it".
View Quote
Anything’s possible, I mean this whole thread topic is proof that people will cling to any and everything that advances an oppression theory and makes them feel self righteous.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:42:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget about the magical box the feds have that's pointed directly to this site. Marco warned us.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I love our God and Savior Q! But no way I'll click on 4chan / 8chan / 8kun! Someone tell me what happened."

8kun. They don't even realize what's going on.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:46:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

"I love our God and Savior Q! But no way I'll click on 4chan / 8chan / 8kun! Someone tell me what happened."

View Quote
Hot Wheels is on a take down streak.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:53:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's lost his mind.

Nothing good can come from his campaign.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:26:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I’m guessing this site isn’t a huge portion of their profit. Probably a large portion of aggravation though.
View Quote
Anyone know "WHY", they bought it?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:24:48 AM EDT
[#42]

IT RUINS IT!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This doesn't answer your question, but it explains why we never hear anything from the Brownells:

Quoted:

Spoke with Pete about this and asked for a statement from him or the company.

So here we go:

Pete Brownell was a last-minute addition to the NRA trip to Russia after then-NRA President Alan Cors announced he could not attend due to health concerns. He sought out and obtained compliance guidance, including checking with the government, and followed that guidance before, during and after the trip. He went to support the NRA as the incoming President, and would not have gone if it was not an NRA trip. Pete received absolutely no business for his company as a result of this trip. He has fully cooperated with all inquiries into this matter and will continue to do so.”
What follows is my opinion only:

I have a feeling this is the last communication we will receive under the auspices of site ownership.  Apparently directly interacting with us opens them up to some kind of legal risk, as this was clearly written by a lawyer or PR type person.  Maybe buying the site was a way for them to 'lock down' a portion of the market as loyal in the event of bad publicity from this scandal.

It also may have something to do with why the mods are being so heavy handed about retarded unconstitutional ban-state laws; because the site owner is already under investigation for breaking a variety of laws related to the international arms business for the purpose of personal profit, and using the NRA to pay for it.

Hopefully he is innocent, didn't say the things he is quoted as saying, and didn't spend NRA money to pay for a business trip.  It would have been great if his statement had said something like that, or had come from him personally.

It looks really bad though, and it sucks to have that unneeded drama and baggage associated with Arfcom now.  When the sale was first announced there were talks of us becoming a force to replace the crooked and ineffective NRA, but it seems like the statement was meant way more literally than I had hoped.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm sure they did their research and homework on this shit. They have their agenda also.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#45]
All I'm saying is.... Now, If I'm buying a team membership, I'm technically giving money to Brownells, Brownell's doesn't really need my money... SO....I feel that we should be getting some additional member benefits, such as a discount from Brownell's.... Say 10 to 15 percent?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I am guessing whoever at brownells suggest it is setting with their head in their hands right now asking "why god, why?"
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

/pol/, /k/, /fit/

Edit: Just saw my post count, dubs.
View Quote
Lol you realize you just listed 4 chan three times right?

Your post aside, there is very little precedent out there where a large company buys a forum and then proceeds to successfully monetize it for increased profits.

What precedent does exist. .   is a shit ton of companies buying successful forums and then turning them into shit. Ultimately killing the revenue stream and membership base.

I would have loved to have been in the room when Brownells made the decision to buy ARF. My only concern is they're smarter than many assume and the real ROI is no longer membership fees but the data of the Pro 2 A members
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I don't blame Brownells.

View Quote
It’s common in an acquisition for prior ownership to overrepresent the positive aspects of the business and underreport the negative. Prior owners/managers retained to facilitate the transition then engage in a mad scramble to make the company what they said it was to avoid breach of sale contract legal trouble.

What I’m saying is Brownells is likely the victim in all this.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Holy shit that's beautiful @HappyLife_NoWife
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm sure they knew what things were like around here.
View Quote
I doubt they knew how much we in GD like our shenanigans
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top