Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2021 11:35:10 PM EDT
Have recently fallen in love with how I feel doing a dry heat sauna for 30min post workout 5-6 days a week and am looking at getting one to put in my garage at home. This is foreign to me so I have zero idea where to start. Most online options are too numerous and I'm still not sure if I want dry sauna like I love or the latest and greatest infrared saunas.

Budget wise I would like to be under $1500-$2800 delivered.

it needs to be at least a two person size, 3-4 preferred

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
We installed a 6x6' 220V electric cedar McCoy sauna in our house around 15 years ago, and it's been great.

The hardware cost around $2K all in (including stainless steel pneumatic nails) back then.

This is before infrared saunas were a thing, so I can't comment on those.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with far infrared if I ever do another.
I've got a Polar definitely gets hot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#3]
In the long run, you would be better off if you bought a Glock 19 instead of a freaking sauna!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:38:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the long run, you would be better off if you bought a Glock 19 instead of a freaking sauna!
View Quote

Clearly someone who has never been to real sauna.

I want a real Finnish wet sauna. Not sure how to build one though
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd go with far infrared if I ever do another.
I've got a Polar definitely gets hot.
View Quote
What did you like better about it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:58:44 AM EDT
[#6]
A real sauna!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:00:18 AM EDT
[#7]
It just needs to be cheap, plastic and readily available per the "glock 19 of buis" thread .
ETA : The poors must be stopped .
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What did you like better about it?
View Quote

Far infrared heats up skin but not the surrounding air so much.
You cant get it humid like you can a stove sauna which is a down side for some enthusiasts...

I don't dump or ladle water over the rocks though...I use a hand sprayer on mist setting.

I have more heater than I need so on high I can probably bake cookies in there at the same time...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there a reputable online store or actual brand who puts together solid shit for a good price?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top