Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2021 11:05:46 PM EDT
I eat shit for lunch. I'd like to pack decent low prep lunches. Low prep meaning I can't cook for 30 minutes before I eat. I've got got a microwave, small personal fridge and basic utensils.

Looking for stuff that will fuel me but not make me fat. I'm running a fairly intense workout routine in the AM.

My breakfast routine is on point, and dinner is whatever the wife picks so lunch is where I want to improve.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Salad and canned mackerel/sardines/oysters.  Tuna or chicken if you have to, but the former 3 have more micronutrients and Omega 3 FAs.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Dammit. I hate fish. I can handle tuna but only in tuna salad form which I've been doing.

I guess I'll keep doing tuna salad and perhaps change but up with diced chicken salad too.

Regular lunch salads I've done but they don't seem to "stick to the ribs" like meat and carbs do.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Eat left overs, but avoid high carb foods like potatoes, pasta, and bread.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:22:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I cook a pile of meat every Sunday and bring left overs for lunch. Sometimes I'll make a salad or wrap with whatever I cooked.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Make a batch of sweet potatoes.  They taste awesome cold too if you cook them right.  Like a piece of fruit to me. You say you don't like fish but, smoked herring and mackerel do not taste as fishy as tuna, but herring smells awful and will destroy your office.  Really good for you though.  That would be my lazy, no cooking skills necessary, go-to lunch.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Leftovers. Chicken salad. Lunch meat. Sausage. Veggies. Boiled eggs. Cheese. Almonds or cashews. Avocado.

You could pack it all up on the weekend or night before and just take a container of food with you to work. I find that cold stuff is better because I can just grab it out of the fridge at work and chow down. Don't need to heat it or anything.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Meal prep on Sunday.

Grill a bunch of chicken breasts. Microwave Birds eye frozen veggie packets (100-150 cal per box), pour into Tupperware, top with chicken.  5 lunches takes about 30 min.

Cook rice in rice cooker.  Fry up 1lb ground turkey (or beef, or chicken) with diced zucchini and pepper.  Put rice and meat into Tupperware (add a little chicken or beef broth).  5 lunches takes 20 min.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I vote for meal prep as well. Every Sunday I cook enough chicken thighs to take for lunch all week and throw rice into the rice cooker. I've been doing this for about 4 years. Much better for me and I don't waste $10 to $15 a day eating out.

Pro tip - chicken thighs reheat better than breasts since they have a little fat. Add chicken broth to the rice so it reheats without getting dry towards the end of the week.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Another vote for meal prep. I grill up a huge pile of dead animals every Sunday evening. The SO likes chicken breast cubed and hot seared on the Blackstone. I marinate them briefly in EVO, wine, lemon juice, garlic, and Malibu seasoning. Mix in some grilled bell peppers and lunch for 5 days is done for a cost of about $10.

I do burgers,brats, big chunk of pork, etc on the kamado.

She makes our breakfasts for the week while I'm grilling. It's breakfast casserole cooked in the oven in cast iron skillets. Eggs, cheese, meat, peppers, spinach, mushrooms, etc.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top