Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2021 12:06:43 AM EDT
I have a switch setup like in the pic below and here is what is happening:

The NVR can see all the cameras

I can access the 5-AC from anywhere on the LAN

The laptop gets its .101 address from the network PDC and has internet access and I can ping anywhere on the LAN from the laptop

I cannot ping or access the NVR from the laptop

I cannot ping or access the NVR from the LAN

I have the NVR set on the 102 subnet for security

To access the cloud controller I need to manually put the laptop on a .102 address

The Unifi switch is out of box stock except for its IP and being adopted by the cloud controller

My goal is to be able to access the NVR from anywhere on the LAN or while connected to the pictured switch, and I think I need to add a VLAN to the Unifi switch ports. I am unsure what VLAN and what ports I need to add it to?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, you need two VLANs there but more importantly you need something to route between the two VLANs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top