Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2022 7:56:05 PM EDT
Although I've been on the radio in other bands (just as a guitarist), it was a dream of mine to have my own work on the airwaves someday. Been thinking about that since I was 14 years old, and wasn't working towards it so much as just doing what I do and hoped it might happen.

Anywho, I did a demo a few years ago that a friend gave to a public broadcasting engineer friend, long story short it got on the local talent show....11am, on a Tuesday, lol. So, ya know....me and like 3 people in Austin heard it. But, hey, that was cool. Careful what you wish for I guess, be more specific. And, it was a lackluster song I could have done a lot better. But, it was a start.

I recently did a few singles that were really something I was proud of, at least in terms of writing, and I submitted to 2 of our local indie channels. I got played on both, and my song has been in a small rotation on Sun in Austin for a week now. I've gotten some feedback from people who heard it, which is really cool and for this guy it made me feel like a kid. I remember reading about Pink Floyd hearing themselves on the radio for the first time, pulling over in their car and just sitting there taking it in. I get it.

Anyway, here's my new one. Not bad for a gun nut in his music room with half-assed know how and equipment.

Music & Lyrics: Still Know Your Love By Heart

Still Know Your Love By Heart

Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats, I understand how you feel. I felt the same way I saw one of my poems in print.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations; enjoyed the tube linked song.  Hit the bandcamp link and checked out "Be Still My Heart",  excellent imo.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
That's awesome .

Good to see you around.  I recall a few front porch jams back in the day and a blowout in WV too many years ago.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, that was surprising good.  I saved it to my playlist.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds great. We all knew you'd make the big time
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty good!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's awesome .

Good to see you around.  I recall a few front porch jams back in the day and a blowout in WV too many years ago.
View Quote

Remember that all, very well. Good times back then. Hope you and your family are doing well.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Great song and congratulations, brother!   That guitar solo had some serious David Gilmour vibes, and I wish that it went on for another minute or two!
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#10]
great job!
Congrats
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Great job
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#12]
WAY TO GO MAN!!!!   That is exciting.   Beautiful sing too.  nice pickin and singing.  lot of feeling in that one.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Very nice. It has an ethereal quality to it… like with headphones I could float away with the music.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Congratulations. Very happy for you. Seeing your posts on this and other forums over the years I know some of your highs and lows in life. This is a great achievement for you and I wish you all the best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top