Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2019 9:08:44 PM EDT
I've been intending to switch for years. Currently have a Gillette fusion I'll be done with in a few weeks and never using again. What's the Official ARF handle and blade of choice?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I use DORCO 4 blade
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I found Feather blades in an old Gillette to work best for me.

If you will look a little further down the page you will find a forum just for shaving.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Shaving/179/
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found Feather blades in an old Gillette to work best for me.

If you will look a little further down the page you will find a forum just for shaving.

View Quote
Thanks....missed that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I did too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Just canceled my refills on razor heads, will be switching.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Mach 3
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the Triggered 2000
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use DORCO 4 blade
View Quote
Dorco are pretty affordable if you order online, so this.

Or man up and get an old school safety razor.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Old school merkur safety razor with feather blades. Ten years ago it took my face three days to get used to the blade. In these 10 years it feels as though I've spent less than one year of Gillette.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I did dollar shave club, when I still bothered to shave
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mach 3
View Quote
didnt you hear? we hate them now. you have to switch.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:49:14 AM EDT
[#12]
The shock hydro 5 was the best over the counter razor I ever had

Got tired of the price of blades and use a Harry now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:53:45 AM EDT
[#13]
What a weird way to signal you want to close up your business in the near future.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 1:44:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Shick hydro is really a better shave than Gillette. I prefer them but now have a reason to switch.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I've gotten back into DE shaving. Blades are super cheap depending on what your face likes.

Currently using Astra SP and have amassed the following razors:

Gillette Tech
Gillette 40's style Super Speed
Gillette 50's style Flare Tip Super Speed
Fatip Testina Gentile
Edwin Jagger DE89 knurled

Might I suggest the following?

https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#16]
After seeing their new "toxic man syndrome" commercial....I'm never buying anything from Gillette again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Merkur 34C handle and Astra blades
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
After seeing their new "toxic man syndrome" commercial....I'm never buying anything from Gillette again.
View Quote
No kidding. The people commenting about how great the ad is and how it’s a discussion we need to have really don’t get it. We are sick to death of having this shit forced upon us from so many different sources. The vast majority of us are fine examples of how men should be already.
Just sell me a razor and stfu.

Or go away.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I doubt they did this without permission from daddy.

https://us.pg.com/brands/
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I was always a Gillette guy. But, 10 years ago, when blades became so expen$ive that they put them behind the counter... I said bye bye. I was done.

I also use Dorco 4 blade. I'm very happy with them. I bought a Frugal Dude Sampler Pack 6 years ago, and I'm still working on that order. Go figure.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, I will finish my box and be done with them.  Looks like Dorco is up.

For those who dont understand, wake up.  
Or don’t, go ahead and watch your world change as you are the court jester.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I did dollar shave club, when I still bothered to shave
View Quote
Dorco makes them, save money by going direct to dorco.  Personally like Harry's better but using Dorco 7 blade now, until stock used up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Half the "toxic" men have beards, the woke ones are clean shaven.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Dollar Shave Club's been great, been using them for many years now. The blade's are good (Executive, 4-blade), but the shave butter and shave lather are the best I've used.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I doubt they did this without permission from daddy.

https://us.pg.com/brands/
View Quote
Jesus. We shop at BJ's big box and pretty much every brand we buy is on that list.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Jesus. We shop at BJ's big box and pretty much every brand we buy is on that list.
View Quote
Just looked at the list and about every one has a well known non-P&G competitor if one was so inclined.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just canceled my refills on razor heads, will be switching.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Dorco wins, because of this statement below their video..

P.P.S. We've received word that the eyebrow raise before "You'll know our name soon." could be taken as a threat and we'd like to reiterate that this was not our intention. We regret to inform you, however, that this video will stay on our 'About Us' page until the End Times. Good shavings to you.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Get a double-edged safety razor - plenty to choose from, even a $20 Target special - and never look back.

You can get packs of Turkish blades for nothing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Dollar Shave Club's been great, been using them for many years now. The blade's are good (Executive, 4-blade), but the shave butter and shave lather are the best I've used.
View Quote
You can get the exact same razor for cheaper direct from the manufacturer: Dorco USA. Dollar Shave Club is nothing more than Dorco with a higher price tag.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mach 3
What difference does it make if you don't have to shave anyway.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:54:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You can get the exact same razor for cheaper direct from the manufacturer: Dorco USA. Dollar Shave Club is nothing more than Dorco with a higher price tag.
View Quote
Interesting, thanks. When you say 'exact', do you mean they are exactly the same? Is there a model of Dorco razor that will fit my stockpile of DSC blades? I use the Executive version, is there a compatible Dorco model?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Oh, and equally as important, are there alternate sources for DSC's Shave Butter and Shave Lather? I love both of those, and apparently you can only get them with a razor subscription.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Astra blades, Merkur Futur 23C tool
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Interesting, thanks. When you say 'exact', do you mean they are exactly the same? Is there a model of Dorco razor that will fit my stockpile of DSC blades? I use the Executive version, is there a compatible Dorco model?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to Dorco's website. Find the razor/blade that matches yours. DSC Executive = Dorco Pace 6 Plus. You may even be able to find Dorco products at Walmart.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Go to Dorco's website. Find the razor/blade that matches yours. DSC Executive = Dorco Pace 6 Plus. You may even be able to find Dorco products at Walmart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got their sampler pack this week
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

I wanted a stainless razor, so I use a Rockwell 6s.  

It was on sale, so I bought one.

I use plate 5.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Gillette was the nail in the coffin for my cartridge shaving.   After doing my own research into which products are made by whom, I have been surprised at who makes what, and who has donated to certain group of people I would rather not support.  In many cases tens of thousands of dollars.  I like my Astra blades, but they are made by P&G, so no more.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1957/rockwell6s_jpg-901373.JPG

I wanted a stainless razor, so I use a Rockwell 6s.  

It was on sale, so I bought one.

I use plate 5.
View Quote
Thats a really nice razor, how do you like it so far?

Did you buy it direct from Rockwell?
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Because I had a family member that worked for Gillette, I have bought nothing but Gillette disposable razors and Gillette foamy shaving cream for over 35 years.

When I ran out 2 weeks ago, I broke out an old 1970's Schick Krona safety Razor bought some DE blades.  Switched to Barbasol shaving cream and kicked Gillette to the curb.

Other than brand loyalty to a once great company, I don't know why I was wasting all the money to shave.  Old School safety razor and cheap Barbasol shaves just as good or better, just as fast and easy and tons cheaper.  I didn't bother with all that shaving soap, shaving brush, skin prep etc.  Just changed hardware and went on as usual.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#43]
I switched years ago to a vintage ball-tech double-edge safety razor, purchased off eBay for $15.  I use Feather brand blades from Amazon that cost about $0.10 each in bulk.  A badger brush and some Colonel Conk's Bay run shave soap complete the kit. I've been wearing a full beard for three years now, but I still shave the neck line every day.  Even before the recent faggotry, Gillette was a ridiculous scam.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Schick has refills that fit Gillette.

Refills
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No kidding. The people commenting about how great the ad is and how it’s a discussion we need to have really don’t get it. We are sick to death of having this shit forced upon us from so many different sources. The vast majority of us are fine examples of how men should be already.
Just sell me a razor and stfu.

Or go away.
View Quote
This!! x100

I learned management from my Dad, who went from bag boy in 1962 to store manager in 1974.  He was an old school manager who did what it took to grow his customer base and keep his existing customers happy.

The SJW woke stuff that these companies are doing these days drive me up a wall!  Gillette is listening to the feminists who think most men are barbarians, when most men are not!

But, after the first Gillette commercial, I switched over to a 1937 vintage DE safety razor I had bought twenty years ago.  I use Wilkinson Sword blades in it.  I've found that it gives me a much better shave with much fewer ingrown hairs than the multi blade things from Gillette that I used to use.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Checking back in.

Finished off my last for ever Gillette Fusion cartridge a month ago.

Went with a Merkur 34c handle and Derby Extra blades @ $8 for 100. Great shave and I’ll save a bucket of money.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Other than brand loyalty to a once great company, I don't know why I was wasting all the money to shave.  Old School safety razor and cheap Barbasol shaves just as good or better, just as fast and easy and tons cheaper.  I didn't bother with all that shaving soap, shaving brush, skin prep etc.  Just changed hardware and went on as usual.
View Quote
For me, I found that using a safety razor with DE blades gave me a much better shave than I ever had with any of the modern razors.  I wish I had started out with a safety razor when I started shaving!  The biggest advantage for me, besides cost, is that I have much, much fewer ingrown hairs when using a safety razor.

I actually found that Walmart brand shaving gel gives me the best shave with my razor and Wilkinson Sword blades.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Target has their own brand that is compatible w/Gillette handles, but cost $13 for 10 blades or something like that. I bought some to try and they cut better than Mach3T and last 5x as long! I know Target is evil too, but I'd rather save my $ and give them a couple bucks profit than go broke shaving and give Gillette huge profit margins....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top