Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/17/2021 12:03:16 AM EDT
These make ten that we've caught in the last two days.

The three on the glue trap were burned up in fire.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you dirty?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Keep trapping, you'll get them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Solution?

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#4]
.22 birdshot

Whiskey

Profit
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:06:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Pick up all food place in plastic containers.

Crawl space? Seal up so dogs and cats cannot get in, poison those bastards.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you dirty?
View Quote

Oh yeah.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:08:09 AM EDT
[#7]
DC too
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:08:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Let me borrow those for a day or two.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:08:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Go to team and look up the rodent thread. It is awesome and very helpful.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Just get a cat you’ll prolly find one for free then they only cost litter amd cheap food
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#12]
My friend got a cat to deal with his mice problem.

That cat killed them all. Only problem is, the cat would chew the heads off in the night and then puke parts of them back up all over the house. Turned one mouse into four! Living in North Dakota they came in from the fields so it was never ending.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Keeping trapping them. The only problem with poison is that they’ll die in a corner somewhere and smell.

We get 2-3 a year coming in from the woods somewhere. I use those reusable white plastic traps that work awesome.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Go to team andook up the rodent thread. It is awesome and very helpful.
View Quote

Just went to Team and found the thread on page 1.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Keep your house clean. Then get two inside/ outside cats. No more mice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Glue traps are your friend.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Think it's been about six or seven years.  My kill total is 29.

7 or 8 of that is me finding a nest.  I put a 5 gal bucket above the nest.  I put my foot in the bucket...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:22:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Look for holes and plug it with 00000 steel wool then metal flashing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:24:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:24:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Get a barn cat. They are murder machines.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:27:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Didn't you just have a thread saying you were victorious in defeating them?

Mice can squeeze through any hole they can fit their head into, so it's really hard to seal off a house completely. I've had good luck using expanding foam to fill voids, and it works even better if you stuff some steel wool, hardware cloth, or pumice in the hole when you seal it up. The mice will easily chew through the foam by itself, but I don't think they like the feel of the metal or pumice on their teeth.

I'd suggest just keeping a few traps set, and check/change them periodically. I'm not a fan of using bait in or under a house; bait is best used in outdoor farm or industrial type environments.

Be sure to check all of your crawlspace vents to make sure the screens are intact, and also look for any burrows or tunnels they might use to get under the foundation. Sealing the perimeter, even though difficult, really is the best option for long term success.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:28:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I found a big reduction after using the leaf blower to clear fallen leaves 20’ back into the woods line.

I think it gives them less places to hide that are close to the house.
Do you have an overhead garage door?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Think it's been about six or seven years.  My kill total is 29.

7 or 8 of that is me finding a nest.  I put a 5 gal bucket above the nest.  I put my foot in the bucket...
View Quote

I once caught 33 in under three hours in my mother-in-law's garage...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:31:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I found a big reduction after using the leaf blower to clear fallen leaves 20’ back into the woods line.

I think it gives them less places to hide that are close to the house.
Do you have an overhead garage door?
View Quote

No. Just rural with tons of trees in the yard.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:33:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Didn't you just have a thread saying you were victorious in defeating them?

Mice can squeeze through any hole they can fit their head into, so it's really hard to seal off a house completely. I've had good luck using expanding foam to fill voids, and it works even better if you stuff some steel wool, hardware cloth, or pumice in the hole when you seal it up. The mice will easily chew through the foam by itself, but I don't think they like the feel of the metal or pumice on their teeth.

I'd suggest just keeping a few traps set, and check/change them periodically. I'm not a fan of using bait in or under a house; bait is best used in outdoor farm or industrial type environments.

Be sure to check all of your crawlspace vents to make sure the screens are intact, and also look for any burrows or tunnels they might use to get under the foundation. Sealing the perimeter, even though difficult, really is the best option for long term success.
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/I-FINALLY-won-the-war-My-Mouse-problem-is-eradicated-Updated-Dead-Mouse-2/5-2414862/
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:53:08 AM EDT
[#26]
I have had an issue the last few years. About a month ago I found 2 holes in the mortar where the brick meets the foundation. I sealed it up and haven't had any since.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:00:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:02:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Get a Dachshund.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:11:11 AM EDT
[#29]
If you're looking for traps check out Shawn Woods / Mousetrap Monday. He tests out a lot of current, historic, and novelty mousetraps. The rolling log and walk the plank ones look like they work well.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:17:58 AM EDT
[#30]
secure the old school mouse traps for success. I used to screw them down to a block of 2x4 or whatever, keeps the trap from flipping out from the under the mouse. I also used dried spaghetti as bait to make them have to pull on it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:52:12 AM EDT
[#31]
OP, my wife found mouse droppings in the pantry and put out some glue traps. Some of them worked. Then she found that mouses don't like the smell of citrus! She started spraying the pantry with citrus air freshener and... no more mouse dung!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:52:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just get a cat you’ll prolly find one for free then they only cost litter amd cheap food
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:08:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't use poison.
If the fuckers are in the house it's a good bet they are in the walls and attic.
What do animals do when they are sick and dying?
They crawl off into a nice quiet space where they can die.
When they die inside of your walls or attic they'll start to stink for a couple of months.
It's fucking nasty.

Keep setting traps, look for how they are getting into the house (hint, look at where your gas pipes come into the house, behind the dryer and the stove.
Look at electrical junction boxes, unscrew the faceplates and look inside of the junction box.

Get a cat or two.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:10:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I once caught 33 in under three hours in my mother-in-law's garage...
View Quote

Are you a mouse wrangler?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:16:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:16:15 AM EDT
[#36]
The three you caught in a glue trap you lit on fire? I hate rodents and wish death to any that enter my house, but you are a sick fuck if you killed them in that manner.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:21:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I’m no tree huger but I hope you didn’t burn the mice alive. That said, water traps work well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:23:19 AM EDT
[#38]
I poison them. They get thirsty and go outside to die.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:24:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I’m no tree huger but I hope you didn’t burn the mice alive. That said, water traps work well.
View Quote

Couple nights ago I brought some firewood in from the garage. I realized a piece of firewood from the bottom of the stack had 5 or 6 sow bugs on it. I hurried to throw the log in the fireplace so I wouldn't have to deal with them crawling around the house.

Kind of struck me as fucked up after I put them in a 500 degree fireplace but I was in a hurry so they wouldn't fall off the log. ¯\_(?)_/¯
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:26:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The three you caught in a glue trap you lit on fire? I hate rodents and wish death to any that enter my house, but you are a sick fuck if you killed them in that manner.
View Quote

You saw the pic. They were in a glue trap, alive. But not anymore. I don't give a fuck! My house, my rules.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:27:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I poison them. They get thirsty and go outside to die.
View Quote

You open the door for them?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Get a  cat.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Make a trap with a 5gallon bucket, a coat hanger, beer can and some peanut butter.  Watch those little bastards pile up!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#44]
The best, most trouble free mouser is a black snake living in your crawl space. Adopt a "live and let live" attitude.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#45]
I am seeing several of the little bastards getting into my spa heater, glad it's just outside.
They are eating the poison I have in there, also added some traps.
When I first had the heater installed a few years ago they got in there and chewed up the wiring.
Of course if they ever get into the house we have three assassin's waiting for them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#47]
I’ve been using the doom box traps the past two years and the work great with peanut butter as bait.
https://doomboxtraps.com

I know I get them coming in through the garage not much I can do about it but trap them.  Normally around three or so a year.  Starts in the fall and over winter.  No issues in the spring or fall.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Pick up all food place in plastic containers.

View Quote

OP, this stuff in my garage placed in bait stations has helped significantly.

https://www.solutionsstores.com/eratication-rodent-bait

Four bait stations, each one placed along a wall in my garage which is I believe their main entryway has helped significantly this year.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Keeping trapping them. The only problem with poison is that they’ll die in a corner somewhere and smell.

We get 2-3 a year coming in from the woods somewhere. I use those reusable white plastic traps that work awesome.
View Quote

the smell doesn't last more than a day or two.

Those of us in older houses that live near fields and woods generally have little choice but to use poison.

There are actually a few feral cats that prowl around here and I think I'll start making them feel more at home on my property by leaving some food and maybe a shelter out for them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Tomcat bait in bait boxes around the house.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top