Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/29/2021 11:38:14 PM EDT
First of all, thanks for reading this little account of what I'm doing.

Back in December of 2020, I was mentally exhausted due to several reasons, mostly attributed to allowing myself to get lazy and "skinny."  I was preparing to close my business which I had run for 4 years, and that was one of the factors I thought sucked the life out of me.

It was time for a New Year's resolution.

I found myself down to 166 lbs which was the lightest I'd been in 25 years, and energy was pretty much in short supply.

My wife encouraged me to get a check up to make sure nothing was awry, and I did.

My PCP green lighted getting back into doing some training, and off I went!  I was also keeping a food diary to see what I was eating and how it affected my training, and that was a pretty easy step to get into my daily routine.

On 19DEC2020, I did my first set of push-ups in probably 2.5 years.  I got to 30.
The following day I did 35.  Then 40, 45, and 50.

This was good.

I set a goal by the end of January to be doing at least 100 push-ups, 3x per week.  I met that goal on 27JAN2021.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Once that century mark had been met, I started doing what David Goggins would do.  10% more each week.

I eventually ended up doing 200 push-ups, 3x per week, through most of February.  Fast forward to the first week of March, someone put a thread up in GD asking "How fast could you do 1000 pushups?"  I figured 12-14 hours, and in roughly 13.5 hours, that goal was met.

Talk about making yourself sore the following day.

I could barely raise my arms.

Now, for the rest of 2021, my benchmark is to get to 50,000.

I'm doing 300 per day, Monday through Thursday, and 250 on Friday and Saturday for a total of 1700 per week.

If I can push 2000 per week, I might be able to make 50k it by my 42nd birthday which is in 4 months.

I'm hovering right around 178 to 180 depending on what I eat, and I hope this is an encouragement to anyone who wants to get into the "can do" mindset.

I love it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]
How many are you doing per set?

Do you do any of the alterations like staggered hand positions, twists, etc..
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Once that century mark had been met, I started doing what David Goggins would do.  10% more each week.

I eventually ended up doing 200 push-ups, 3x per week, through most of February.  Fast forward to the first week of March, someone put a thread up in GD asking "How fast could you do 1000 pushups?"  I figured 12-14 hours, and in roughly 13.5 hours, that goal was met.

Talk about making yourself sore the following day.

I could barely raise my arms.

Now, for the rest of 2021, my benchmark is to get to 50,000.

I'm doing 300 per day, Monday through Thursday, and 250 on Friday and Saturday for a total of 1700 per week.

If I can push 2000 per week, I might be able to make 50k it by my 42nd birthday which is in 4 months.

I'm hovering right around 178 to 180 depending on what I eat, and I hope this is an encouragement to anyone who wants to get into the "can do" mindset.

I love it.
View Quote

Do you yell "who's gonna carry the boats" when you do them?

How many sets per day are you doing? Do you spread them evenly throughout the day?

Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I try to get to 300 in 4-5 sets, and lately I've been doing 70-80 in the first set and slowing down a bit after that.

The last sets are usually 50.

95% of the time I put a chair against a wall and do elevated feet push-ups.

Tonight I'll try to get 250 reps in 4 sets and same for tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted: Do you yell "who's gonna carry the boats" when you do them?

How many sets per day are you doing? Do you spread them evenly throughout the day?

Keep up the good work.
View Quote

Thank you.

I considered yelling that out but my wife is usually asleep when I get to them.  It's often after 10pm and usually I'll put a set together on a commercial break when I'm watching something like Blue Bloods, etc.

Typical set count is 4-5.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I try to get to 300 in 4-5 sets, and lately I've been doing 70-80 in the first set and slowing down a bit after that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. That's outstanding!
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
First of all, thanks for reading this little account of what I'm doing.

Back in December of 2020, I was mentally exhausted due to several reasons, mostly attributed to allowing myself to get lazy and "skinny."  I was preparing to close my business which I had run for 4 years, and that was one of the factors I thought sucked the life out of me.

It was time for a New Year's resolution.

I found myself down to 166 lbs which was the lightest I'd been in 25 years, and energy was pretty much in short supply.

My wife encouraged me to get a check up to make sure nothing was awry, and I did.

My PCP green lighted getting back into doing some training, and off I went!  I was also keeping a food diary to see what I was eating and how it affected my training, and that was a pretty easy step to get into my daily routine.

On 19DEC2020, I did my first set of push-ups in probably 2.5 years.  I got to 30.
The following day I did 35.  Then 40, 45, and 50.

This was good.

I set a goal by the end of January to be doing at least 100 push-ups, 3x per week.  I met that goal on 27JAN2021.
View Quote

That is a very fast progression. Nice job.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: Wow. That's outstanding!
View Quote

Quoted: That is a very fast progression. Nice job.
View Quote

Thank you both very much.

I'm timing my max reps in a minute as well.  I'm hoping to be able to get 100 reps in 2 minutes soon.

Just have to keep at it!
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#9]
So last night my wife and I hosted one our nephews over for his birthday, and we cooked derby pie.

I proceeded to leave the kitchen for a moment and go push a set of 60 out, and my nephew decided to join me.

I asked him if he wanted to do some pushups (he's 11), and he said yes.

I asked how many he wanted to do, and he said 5.  I replied by seeing if he'd do 10, and he agreed it was a good idea.

He succeeded in making it happen, and when we brought him back to his parents house, I congratulated him while we were there.  I'm a proud uncle.

It gives me hope when a young man of his age is willing to accept a little more challenge.

Last night's sets (5x 60 reps) also brought me up to 14,000 for the year.

My first set tonight was 80, and that is only the 2nd time in my life I've been able to do that.

Maybe a set of 100 is in reach this summer
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:33:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Tonight's set will get me to 16,000 for the year.  Ahead of schedule

I made a small change last night during my sets.  I normally do 45lb curls a few times per week on Tuesday, Thurs, and Saturday.  Last night I added a set of 15 curls per arm between the push-ups.

Sandwiching them between the push-up sets is a good way to change it up and keep things "new."

I also decided my minimum amount to do at any time was 50 reps, whether I'm working on a 250 rep or a 300.

Last night's numbers:
First 3 sets of push-ups were 65 reps each.  195 in total.
4th set was 55.
5th set was 50.  I asked my wife to put a stop watch on me for the final set, and I did them in 34 seconds.

I'm pleased
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Good post op.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Man, good on you, OP. I've started doing body weight stuff recently and I only do pushups in sets of 15-20. I thought I was doing good because I did 4 sets of 15 this morning while getting ready for work. Need to stop being a bitch and up my game.

ETA: No homo...how are your chest, arms and shoulders looking? One of my main goals is to broaden my chest and shoulders so I fill out my tshirts better and have more confidence to take them off every once in a while.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good post op.
View Quote

Thank you.

Quoted: Man, good on you, OP. I've started doing body weight stuff recently and I only do pushups in sets of 15-20. I thought I was doing good because I did 4 sets of 15 this morning while getting ready for work. Need to stop being a bitch and up my game.

ETA: No homo...how are your chest, arms and shoulders looking? One of my main goals is to broaden my chest and shoulders so I fill out my tshirts better and have more confidence to take them off every once in a while.
View Quote
 Thank you, aggiehunt.  Any amounts of pushups are a good thing!  Remember, I started doing them again the week before Christmas, and honestly I just kept trying to find my limits while eating a bit more each day.  Keep in mind, 10 years ago, I was hitting the gym pretty hard and tipped the scales around 220 and benched 110 more than that.  As of today, nearly 42 years old, I still think I could work out again to perform like that, but in reality, I doubt I'd be anywhere near those numbers

I can tell that I've been working out, but most of my clothes are loose fitting anyway.  I'm hopeful that I can keep doing what I'm doing for many years, even if it doesn't look like I'm doing anything.

Push yourself tomorrow morning and see how many you can knock out in 1 minute.  I bet you'll surprise yourself and then that'll be a new "baseline."

I'm almost at the point where I'll ask my wife to lay on my back and see how many I can do with her holding onto me.  I might have to find time to get a gym membership and start pushing plates again
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's a boring update.

As of tonight, I'm at 18,800 for the year.

Taking tomorrow off, I'll resume on Monday with 300 per day through Thursday, which will put me at 20k completed by the 27th.

30k to reach my goal of 50,000, and at 1,700 per week, this should be done by the end of September.

How should I change up the patterns to introduce a little more challenge?  Some days I'll break my sets of push-ups with curls, and other days I'll add rows.

Maybe add some flutter kicks?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#15]
So tonight recorded 20,000 for the year.

I've been incorporating more curls in between push-up sets and did 2 sets of 20 and one set of 10 with 45lbs.  My wife also measured my bicep/tricep circumference and I'm up to 14" from 13 measured 2-3 months ago.

I also decided after reaching 50k this year, I'll join a gym again.  I'm really looking forward to getting started on that again.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#16]
This is super impressive!  

I’m 10% through a 100-push-up program.  Meaning, at the end I should be able to do 100 push-ups, but right now I’m doing like 30 but the goal is to be able to do 100.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is super impressive!  

I’m 10% through a 100-push-up program.  Meaning, at the end I should be able to do 100 push-ups, but right now I’m doing like 30 but the goal is to be able to do 100.  
View Quote

Thank you!  I'm in the middle of my sets tonight and first set came in at 80.  Purposefully resting on Sundays helps and today's diet has been pretty calorie packed.

What program are you doing to get to 100?  I feel like I'm at a plateau with my training right now and want to see what I should do to break it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thank you!  I'm in the middle of my sets tonight and first set came in at 80.  Purposefully resting on Sundays helps and today's diet has been pretty calorie packed.

What program are you doing to get to 100?  I feel like I'm at a plateau with my training right now and want to see what I should do to break it.
View Quote

I'm using this one.  Just add a couple zeros to the reps to get it up to your level.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm using this one.  Just add a couple zeros to the reps to get it up to your level.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102025/D7A37C67-3F63-46F3-986E-49D744E3AB7F_jpe-1963089.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102025/D7A37C67-3F63-46F3-986E-49D744E3AB7F_jpe-1963089.JPG

Thanks for posting this up.  I'm inspired by it but I have a feeling I'd need to hire a personal trainer to shout at me to get to the century mark.

Tonight's sets are a little varied for a couple of reasons.

My first 2 sets were both 80 reps and 3rd came in at 70.  I plan on doing 350 tonight and 250 tomorrow to hit 22,000 for the year.  I will be taking Saturday and Sunday off for recovery and see how that translates on Monday.

If I'm able to do 70 on my 4th set tonight, I will have hit the 300 mark in 4 sets which I've not done before.  Adding the 50 to the mix is admitting it's ok to step out of the boundaries a bit to test myself and give me a slightly better goal.

It has been months since I took consecutive days off from doing them (due to a little cold I had earlier this year) but I'm looking forward to seeing how that helps recovery.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#20]
So after a little strategic eating today, my first set was 85 reps.  I guess taking consecutive days off was a good idea.

My calories today were pretty well scattered across the hours, starting with oat meal, blueberries, and strawberries.

We had a managers meeting at work where bacon and baked apples and a biscuit were consumed.

Lunch consisted of a hamburger cooked from home, with fries, broccoli, yogurt, and fig bars.

Dinner was chili (with beans ) and crackers, and 2 almond butter bars.

2nd set coming up, and I have a feeling 75 is going to be the number.

It will be a little out of the norm if I get my 300 in 4 sets tonight.

I like it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#21]
So my normal pattern got a little divided up today.

I decided to do 50 in one set this morning and still do 300 in the evening.  I'll be doing similar tomorrow, where I plan on 5x at roughly 70 per set.

This will get me on a path to 25,000 by the 17th, which is next week.

I think my goal to do a set of 100 in a set is probably going to be sometime in August or thereabouts.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Dumb question, is it cheating to “bounce” when I do push-ups? I have always lowered myself and raised myself in a slow control manner, but as I’m doing more pushups, I’m finding increasing the speed and bouncing back up helps me do more.  Maybe this is standard practice as I’m way slower doing push-ups than everyone else in my Krav Maga class.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Dumb question, is it cheating to “bounce” when I do push-ups? I have always lowered myself and raised myself in a slow control manner, but as I’m doing more pushups, I’m finding increasing the speed and bouncing back up helps me do more.  Maybe this is standard practice as I’m way slower doing push-ups than everyone else in my Krav Maga class.  
View Quote

I don't think it is cheating per say, but it will benefit you differently than if you went faster.

I like a full range of motion myself, but I always try to rep out as quickly as I can as I know my higher repetitions will  naturally slow down.

If I wanted slower reps and a bit more burn, I'd shift to bench press, etc.

I'll be interested to see how my routine changes when I get back into a gym again.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Tonight's set of 300 got me to the halfway mark.

75-65-60-50-50.

1700 per week puts me at a pace to finish by the end of September.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:54:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Small update:
This week will be completed Friday with 300 per day through the 2nd, putting me at 28k.

After the 4th, I'll be doing 2000 per week until getting to 50k.

At that point I plan on joining a gym again.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:20:24 AM EDT
[#26]
28,000 was met tonight and a new personal best was achieved.

I did 80-80-90-50 and the set of 90 was the first time ever

I have roughly 8 weeks to make it to doing a set of 100 by my 42nd birthday.  If I don't succeed at doing so by the end of August, I'll hopefully have done a set of 100 before hitting the 50k mark.

At this pace, I'm going to make that goal by 17SEP2021.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Impressive!

I'm doing sets of 30.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Fantastic work man. Are you planning to keep going after you hit 50k to see how many you can get in one year?
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Impressive!

I'm doing sets of 30.
View Quote

Thank you!  Good work!

Quoted: Fantastic work man. Are you planning to keep going after you hit 50k to see how many you can get in one year?
View Quote

Thank you!  I'm going to join a gym again after hitting the 50k mark, and focus on strength training.  I want to get under a 45lb bar again and see how well I perform with 180-250lb bench presses.  I'll probably drop the push-up counts down a bit while putting effort into the muscle building but we'll see how all that pans out.  I've started thinking 2022 could be a year of 100k if it works out right.  Time will tell!
I'm starting today with 400 reps per day (M-F with 2 consecutive days off for recovery) and I might be breaking them up to 200 in the morning and 200 in the evening depending on how much time it takes.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Sometime around 2 hours ago, I found myself completing number 30,000 for this year.

This was the first week I've done 2,000 in 5 days.  It feels good for sure, and you welcome the break when the weekend arrives.

I started when I got home from work and did 80 and 50 before my wife and I hit the grocery.

Upon returning home, I had 2 sets at 70 and finished around 2130 with 2 sets of 65.

5 weeks out to 40k, and then sometime around 17SEP2021, 50k for the year.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#31]
So a new milestone was met just now!

I did 100 pushups in my first set right after getting home from work.  I knew that was within reach when I had a couple days last week where I was able to get to 90 on the first 2 sets.

I'm honestly surprised that happened since I did a lot of extra-curricular activity this weekend taking one of my nephews to do some indoor wall climbing Saturday and mowing yesterday.  I was a little tired last week as well.  The indoor climbing this weekend was the first time I'd worn my climbing harness and chalk bag in about 10 years as well.  It was fun getting up on some 5.6s and 5.7s even though I'm hardly prepared to do any outdoor climbing yet.

300 reps to go tonight, and by week's end, I'll be at 34,000.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Keep up the good work. Thanks to you I’ve started to do push-ups every day. Best I could do at once last week was 48. This evening I did 62.  Keep the updates coming it’s motivating.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Keep up the good work. Thanks to you I’ve started to do push-ups every day. Best I could do at once last week was 48. This evening I did 62.  Keep the updates coming it’s motivating.
View Quote

Awesome!  And thank you.  I'm finishing up my sets for this week as I write this reply.  2 sets of 60 will get me to 34,000.

Where do you want to be at the end of August?  Use that as a goalpost.

This week has gone really well for me considering I've helped move a compressor and safe at the beginning of the week.  I must be a glutton for punishment to get home some nights after 1900hrs and get started on these things
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Small update.

Tonight's sets were 70-80-70-80-50-50.

I'm at 36,400 for the year now, and I've got this idea in my head that in a couple of weeks, I'm going to try to bump the count up to 2,500 per week to finish the last 10k.  I'll get to 40k by next Friday.

Why?  I want to get back into the gym again and the faster I complete this goal, the faster I'll be back working out with bigger goals
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Another small update from tonight.

I asked my wife to time me for up to 2 minutes or until failure, and I was able to do 90 reps on my 2nd set this evening.

It's encouraging to see what progress has been made this year, and certainly I hope many here are also enjoying success.

I've got this idea in my mind now to try for 100k in 2022, doing 2022 reps each week until making that mark.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#36]
You are a beast.

I just achieved 100 per day, sets of 15....
I was happy with that until I read this thread  
I am not as goal oriented as you, but still plan on increasing how many I do.

The goal I am focused ont is To hike 1,000 miles this year
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You are a beast.

I just achieved 100 per day, sets of 15....
I was happy with that until I read this thread  
I am not as goal oriented as you, but still plan on increasing how many I do.

The goal I am focused ont is To hike 1,000 miles this year
View Quote
Appreciate your compliment!  Your 1000 mile goal is epic.  That's beast-mode in my book.  I used to love to go backpacking about 15 years ago and it wouldn't be very much more than 3-4 miles one way here in Ky.  We've got a good bit of rock climbing available.

I'd probably spend a lot of time hiking and photographing if I lived out in the backcountry.

Nice work Scratch
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Did 68 in a single set. Slow progress but it’s progress.  End goal is to hit 100 at once. I’ll keep at it till then.  Keep up the good work your crushing it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Did 68 in a single set. Slow progress but it’s progress.  End goal is to hit 100 at once. I’ll keep at it till then.  Keep up the good work your crushing it.
View Quote

Well done GoldenMead.  Always like reading about the successes and keep at it man!  You'll get there and I look forward to reading about it

Next week will be my "trial" run of doing 500 per day for 4 days, as I've got a busy weekend next week.

That'll get me to 40k and then hopefully just 4 weeks of 2500 per week to make the 50,000 mark.

Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Given that push-ups are body weight by nature and its hard to do progressive overload. Are you seeing an increase in your strength with all this work?  

Has it contributed to your bench at all? I'd assume it has a benefit for chest endurance.

You are throwing down some monster pushup numbers.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted: Given that push-ups are body weight by nature and its hard to do progressive overload. Are you seeing an increase in your strength with all this work?  

Has it contributed to your bench at all? I'd assume it has a benefit for chest endurance.

You are throwing down some monster pushup numbers.
View Quote
Thank you LTCetme.

I am seeing the increases in strength as I hoped I would.  When I started last December I think I measured my bicep/tricep diameter around 13-13.5" which I thought looked really scrawny.

I'm doing a measurement once a month at the beginning of each month and the last measurement was 14.75 which is roughly 9 months worth of training.  I am doing bicep curls as well with 50lb dumbbells.  Early this year I was doing curls 3 days per week and roughly 3 sets of 10 each day (Tue, Thur, Sat).  I'm doing them 5 days a week now, M-F, and 60 reps on M/W/F and 40 on T/TH.  Sets are normally 10 reps but occasionally I'll go up to 15 or take less of a break between sets.

I can't say what my bench press is right now since I haven't been in a gym since 2018 when I closed my last membership up.  I will be working on bench presses again this fall once I meet this goal.

I'm holding my bodyweight at about 185 since my calorie intake is averaging about 2800-3k per day.  Early in 2021 it was averaging about 2200.

When I get back into the gym this fall, I'm expecting I'll be able to do 10-15 reps at my bodyweight after warm-up and see where that leads.

10 years ago (in my early 30s) my warm up on a bench was 5-6 reps at 255 and I was weighing in around 220.  I have a hard time imagining getting back to those type of numbers at nearly 42 years old but we'll see what happens when I start bumping up the weight.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:39:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Small update for Monday's results.

I decided to do 150 in the A.M. (80-70) and see how doing 350 (70-70-60-50-50-50) in the evening worked out.

I'm glad I broke up the sets as I worked a longer workday and 350 was actually pretty easy.

I'll likely do the same thing tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday.  I'm going to enjoy taking 3 days in a row off and see how that helps recovery for the following week where I begin doing 2500 per week.

I also asked my wife to put a stopwatch on one of the sets of 50 tonight and it came in at 32 seconds.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Time to take 3 days off, and do 2500 per week starting Monday.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Tonight begins the first of 4 weeks of 'torture' where I'm going for 500 reps per day 5x per week.

Last week's 500/day for 4 days was good, and it was great to have a 3 day hiatus from the grind.

My new target date to get to 50,000 is Friday 10SEP2021.

So far tonight I have done 2 sets at 90 reps each and 320 remain to get Monday's amount complete.

ETA: First 3 sets were 90 reps each, followed by 80 x 2, and finishing the evening with a set of 70.

6 sets of curls, 10 reps each, 50lbs each hand.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#45]
You're killing it man love the continued updates. Have you seen a noticable difference in your chest or back from all this?
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You're killing it man love the continued updates. Have you seen a noticable difference in your chest or back from all this?
View Quote

Thanks for the compliment Domnior.  I would have to say yes, as certain shirts are fitting a little better.  I just finished up my first set of the evening, clocking in at 99 reps

I wanted to make it to 100 but I was at failure.  We'll see how the remaining 401 go tonight.  Hopeful to have similar results to last night's sets.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#47]
It was a little weird getting all the sets done by 1920hrs tonight.  I decided to get 150 done before lunch today, and that freed up time in the evening to knock out 350, along with 4 sets of curls at 15 reps per arm, 50 lbs in each hand.

I asked my wife to put a stopwatch on the last set of the evening which was 50 reps, and I was done in 30 seconds

8500 remaining to 50k.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Challenge: do the next 200 as diamonds.

Do you accept the challenge?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Challenge: do the next 200 as diamonds.

Do you accept the challenge?
View Quote

I failed at the challenge.  I did 20 for my first set this morning.  You've now given me something to do when I get back in the gym so I can gauge my strength training later this year.

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#50]
42,000 reached tonight.

LTCetme: thank you for demoralizing me this morning and realizing I have a new way to push myself.

50 diamond push-ups were completed today.  The 20 this morning were followed up almost immediately by a set of 30 to start my first 50 for the day.

When I got home from work I had a few guns to change sights out on and got that done and proceeded to finish up my sets for the evening.

I did another set of 20 diamonds followed by 30 normal push-ups, and the last set of the night did 10 diamonds and 40 wide gripped.

I can already feel the benefit of that change today.

On another note, I'm coming up with an idea for a new goal almost immediately following the 10th of September.  We'll see if it happens.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top