Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2018 12:40:13 PM EDT
I have long been interested in the Paleolithic cave paintings that have been discovered in France and Spain.  However, the books, with big format photo reproductions of the paintings, have always been a bit pricey and so I never pulled the trigger on any of them.  Because many of the caves are now World Heritage Sites, they have been sealed to public access and new books are not being published in the quantity that they were in the past.  But I finally decided to buy an out of print copy of, “The Cave of Lascaux: The Final Photographs”, 1984.

I searched Abe Books and found a “Fine” copy, from “the Estate of Charlton Heston”; C.O.A. included!  And the price was not much different from what any other “Fine” graded copy would cost.

I just thought that this was a fun score to tell ARFCOM about.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Cave drawings are made by PEE PULL !
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cave drawings are made by PEE PULL !
View Quote
One can have all sorts of fun with this!

Maybe he bought it when he was studying the script for, "Planet of the Apes"?

Maybe he bought it because he was interested in ancient hunters?

All I know is I'm happy that I pulled the trigger on this.

From Chuck's cold dead hands to my warm living paws....
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Bravo!
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Outstanding.

He was a great American.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top