Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2020 10:39:16 PM EDT
Not even kidding......I'm the only person in the world without internet or cable tv at home.   Flying the puddlejumper around Michigan, hauling the brown boxes has me working an odd ball schedule.   I'm "home" during the day (not even really home, as I'm normally out doing something besides being at home) and gone at night frum my home.

Anyway, I currently use 2 programs, Lightzone and Irfanview, to adjust my pics.   About the only thing I use Lightzone for is for noise reduction, and I use Irfanview to adjust the contrast and brightness and saturation, etc etc.   I always shoot with one card jpegs, the other card RAW.    The thing is tho, I hardly ever try and mess with RAW, as Lightzone seems too "hard" to get the pics adjusted to where I like them.    I usually just use Lightzone to de-noise a JPEG a little, then use Irfanview to make any corrections to the contrast, exposure, etc.

What program can I buy that is an "all in one" program?    I can't do photoshop, since I'm not on internet at home.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been using photoshop for years and never needed  the internet to use it.  Not sure I follow your question. You should be able to use all of the programs you listed without the need of internet.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#2]
You can go the Adobe subscription route if you can get your computer to an internet connection during the needed verification periods. (Once per month on the monthly payments, once every 90 days on the yearly payments.)

Corel has there own versions of Lightroom and Photoshop, buy and register then no internet needed. Paintshop Pro uses the same plug-ins as Photoshop and does 85-90% of the same features.

Which products you end up with will be dependent on you desired level of editing. Basic editing of saturation, contrast, brightness, etc, can easily be done with Lightroom and all the similar products, assuming you don't mind these products also being the managing software for the images. Pixel editors like Photoshop and the like can do all the basics and all the crazy stuff, but they do not manage the images; here you either manage the images at the file level or use some other managing software.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:07:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd ask @NorthPolar
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for the late response, was out with the flu.

If you want to use Photoshop without needing an internet connection, Photoshop Elements is where I’d look, especially since you can get it as a disk.  Beyond that, Adobe does have free assorted versions of photoshop and Lightroom for tablets.  It’s what I use on my iPad when I’m traveling.

For best performance you’d probably want to find a way to download the updates to the software though.  Bug fixes are good and all.

Any other options I could think of would require either downloading elsewhere and bringing home (Luminar 4, Darkroom, etc)
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Darktable (no cost) will install and run with no Internet connectivity.
It's not very fancy, but fairly capable.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I use Gimp, it works just like Photoshop and it's free to boot.

https://www.gimp.org/
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for all the suggestions.    Probably should look into replacing my computer/Vista as well some day.   lol

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use Gimp, it works just like Photoshop and it's free to boot.

https://www.gimp.org/
View Quote
This is what I use.  It's photoshop, with a different name.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been using photoshop for years and never needed  the internet to use it.  Not sure I follow your question. You should be able to use all of the programs you listed without the need of internet.
View Quote

These days, with Adobe's current subscription offerings, the software needs internet at least once a month to verify your license.

See if you can find a non Creative Cloud version of PS/LR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top