BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I worked for years in an *extremely* successful small business that dealt in a high end outdoor sporting industry. Our prices were higher than our competitors, we *never* gave anything away, and we blew our competition out of the water.
View Quote

And then what, after those years?
Are they still in business?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I always thought he came across too arrogant when he was active here.
View Quote

Arrogant?

He built a great business, does a lot of 2A support, and his customer service is unparalleled.

He’s got a lit to be proud of accomplishing; not arrogant.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fortier is looking much older now.
Getting old susks.
View Quote

Dave getting banned was bullshit.

Mark should have learned to throttle back on his acrimonious “marketing”.  I like his stuff but he’s as good as trump is at making enemies out of potential allies.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

One of the most basic rules of business is to not give away product. Guess what happens if you do?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did more to devalue product is what he did, and hurt this site in the process.

Show your work.

One of the most basic rules of business is to not give away product. Guess what happens if you do?

I’ve owned my own retail shop for 22 years.  Giveaways are a valid excitement generating part of strategic marketing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Didnt sig try the perm muzzle brake thing? FATF said no?
View Quote

Frist I've heard of this, can someone confirm?

My LT guns are my goto, scope mount also.

@Boom Stick
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
kcolg30 loves LaRue.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#9]
He looks like you guys
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I’ve owned my own retail shop for 22 years.  Giveaways are a valid excitement generating part of strategic marketing.
View Quote

Don't bother. He worked in retail one time and knows better
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I like, and buy, from both. And the Horror, I have a few guns with both Larue and G products on same gun.

As long as they keep making  quality products and keep manufacturing in USA I will keep buying from them both
View Quote

If anything it made me buy more of both
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I liked both of those posters.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#15]
It was entertaining watching him smack around the whiners, but I think back how much A.R.M.S. tried to fuck him over after he pretty much ended their mount business, it put a permanent chip on his shoulder and he didn’t know when to stop stomping on the losers necks.

I think the trump analogy was somewhat fitting in GD. Outside of GD he was great.

The Geissele rivalry was BS. All the ColaWarrior bros turned it into a troll campaign funded by Geissele giveaways. It was quite ironic that, Geissele bitched about Larue giving away free shit and then turned around and did the same thing.

I’m still waiting on Larue to put out shit products like bent rails, chatter box machining, Ryobi-grade black oxide barrels, flop optics, Black Friday bait and switch sales, etc.

I still buy his mounts and think he is a great machinist. He did a lot for AR15 back in the day also, too bad the trolls ran a lot of good people off.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There is a cure for ignorance.
View Quote

You should try some
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I've worked in retail. I know what's up. How much retail experience do you have?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

from my viewpoint, he did more for this site than any other sponsor. but I guess he was too mean in GD.

He did more to devalue product is what he did, and hurt this site in the process.
WOW, simply not true.  But you are certainly entitle your OPINION.

I've worked in retail. I know what's up. How much retail experience do you have?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

from my viewpoint, he did more for this site than any other sponsor. but I guess he was too mean in GD.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121031/8CE1FC1A-5CD8-4C55-9FBC-89AA2D8DA086_jpe-2612427.JPG

oh shit
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.  Dude, you are normally a pretty cool guy.  Sometimes you post some things I don't necessarily agree with but hey LIBERTY.

Today you have jumped the shark twice.  Your last two posts.

Just so we are clear, IDGAF if you work in retail or outhouses.  Your opinion is yours, have at it.  Your posting of facts is a crock of shit right now.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Mark LaRue makes great products and its fun to watch him post, even when you are the recipient of his wit.  If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.  LaRue has done a lot of good things while you were selling widgets.

I hope that you find it one day.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I worked for years in an *extremely* successful small business that dealt in a high end outdoor sporting industry. Our prices were higher than our competitors, we *never* gave anything away, and we blew our competition out of the water.
View Quote

Are you Narphenal’s dad?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He reminds me of my former USMC friend Ray.

View Quote

Can you call him Ray?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

OK, we did sponsor competitions and donate product as prizes. That is NOT what Larue was doing that devalued product.
View Quote

Does donate mean the same thing as give away? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He's 100% right.

When it comes to goods OR services, giving either away devalues both.

View Quote

Women give free pussy away every day, but half of GD still ain’t getting any, so how’s that effecting valuation?

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.  Dude, you are normally a pretty cool guy.  Sometimes you post some things I don't necessarily agree with but hey LIBERTY.

Today you have jumped the shark twice.  Your last two posts.

Just so we are clear, IDGAF if you work in retail or outhouses.  Your opinion is yours, have at it.  Your posting of facts is a crock of shit right now.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Mark LaRue makes great products and its fun to watch him post, even when you are the recipient of his wit.  If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.  LaRue has done a lot of good things while you were selling widgets.

You should try to find it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just going to ask if we’re talking about the same Mark LaRue from the dead center of Texas?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm just here for the purse swinging.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I was lucky enough to get one. hes a lot like trump. hes on our side, but likes to talk and hurt some feelings. GD snowflakes couldn't hang.
View Quote

That's 100% correct. great guy, also a bit of an asshole, just like Trump.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show your work.

You get your product out of the store and into the hands of the end user. Have you ever heard of advertising? What that was, was a excellent marketing strategy that in no way shape or form hurt his business. Working retail is one thing, successful marketing and advertising are a completely different animal. What’s retails biggest job getting buyers into their store then making the sale, what’s a manufacturers biggest job after making their product? Selling it to the retailer. This requires a different type of advertising it requires the manufacturer to get the product out into the users hands it also has to make buyers buy their product instead of say KAC, how do you get someone to buy your product over say LMT, KAC, etc? That’s called marketing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So you're an expert on the restaurant industry now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ThatsBait-133.gif

I worked a flat grill making steak and cheese subs for one lunch rush.

So you're an expert on the restaurant industry now?

And sales, he didn’t give away one sandwich.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Didnt sig try the perm muzzle brake thing? FATF said no?
View Quote
SIG was perm attached baffles with no outer can... ATF said no.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Women give free pussy away every day, but half of GD still ain’t getting any, so how’s that effecting valuation?

View Quote

Pussy is a mystery , wrapped in a riddle, inside a conundrum.

Or so it would seem to the 50%ers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Can you call him Ray?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He reminds me of my former USMC friend Ray.

Can you call him Ray?
Ya doesn't has to
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
he hurt too many feeling in GD. I guess it wasn't enough he gave away a free rifle every month among countless other give aways.
View Quote

He was mean tweeting on ARFCOM before Trump had a smartphone.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Haters gonna hate.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe he has donated upwards of $200k through NOLO-Dillo sales to get 2A lawsuits filed and moving. How much have you donated?

New York is no longer cucked with their CCPs because of Mark Larue's donations.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It was entertaining watching him smack around the whiners, but I think back how much A.R.M.S. tried to fuck him over after he pretty much ended their mount business, it put a permanent chip on his shoulder and he didn’t know when to stop stomping on the losers necks.

I think the trump analogy was somewhat fitting in GD. Outside of GD he was great.

The Geissele rivalry was BS. All the ColaWarrior bros turned it into a troll campaign funded by Geissele giveaways. It was quite ironic that, Geissele bitched about Larue giving away free shit and then turned around and did the same thing.

I’m still waiting on Larue to put out shit products
like bent rails, chatter box machining, Ryobi-grade black oxide barrels, flop optics, Black Friday bait and switch sales, etc.

I still buy his mounts and think he is a great machinist. He did a lot for AR15 back in the day also, too bad the trolls ran a lot of good people off.
View Quote

Do you have one of his handguards? I do.

I dont think you have to wait.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

OK, we did sponsor competitions and donate product as prizes. That is NOT what Larue was doing that devalued product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show your work.

Have Bill call you and explain how wrong you are.

If you have something to post, post it.

Geissele has donated a metric shit ton of gear to ColaWarrior events.  Nearly every site sponsor has donated product to the member appreciation giveaways year after year.  Please show me which of these companies has had problems because they gave away product.

Whatever you do in retail hasn't made you an authority on the subject because I'm also in retail and I've never heard of your so called "basic rule of business".

Are you saying the "We" as you are/were part of Geissele?  Of course Geissele doesn't like LaRue, Larue forced massive price changes for G by selling a quality product much much cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I believe he has donated upwards of $200k through NOLO-Dillo sales to get 2A lawsuits filed and moving. How much have you donated?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shhhhhh! He devalued something or another.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Seems like he’s had a run of bad luck. Lost his fake LE creds, divorced, stopped innovating. Hopefully he can adapt to market changes and win back market share.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Old ARFCOM - gun nuts who like Ar15 and similar rifles

New ARFCOM - thin skinned mommy basment dwellers

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
he hurt too many feeling in GD. I guess it wasn't enough he gave away a free rifle every month among countless other give aways.
View Quote

This. There are too many sensitive drama queens that would get pissy with him or try to troll him. It made them feel like big men.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This. There are too many sensitive drama queens that would get pissy with him or try to troll him. It made them feel like big men.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has done more to further our rights than the NRA/NRA-ILA has in the last 10 years.

I do not understand the hate.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You completely missed my point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many people don’t equate quality of product with attitude of the company owner.

He could walk around town acting like a Karen, banging dudes, and stealing candy from the gas station. No fucks given, we don’t need an emotional connection with the owner or the guy/girl/tranny packing the boxes for shipping.

You completely missed my point.

His give seats were free advertising.  Top of GD for long periods of time.  Top of the brain.

The swag was also advertising.

Keep stocking the shelves.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Edited, because it wasn’t germane to the conversation.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He worked in it.

He didn’t own it.

He doesn’t know the whole story.

He has retail experience.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top