Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2018 6:14:01 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File
 Vision B series kamado ceramic grill smoker I got today for 299.99 at the local sams club during the end or season clearance. I have wanted one for a while and convinced the girlfriend we needed it.

Tell me I made a good choice guys.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Those grills are usually beloved by the folks that use em. Use it and use it frequent. Once you get used to it and learn it's quirk's you'll love it. Get some ribs on there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
If you ever start looking for accessories for it, check this place out first.  The two things i really like are the adjustable rig combo, and the kick ash basket.

Vision Toys

As far as recipes or tips, I would check out this forum.

Smoking Meat
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you the links may get me in trouble. I ordered visions lava stone already but will probably up grade down the road. I went today and got lump charcoal but then got called back to work so it looks like I won't be able to test the new grill till this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]
This place is all about helping other people spend their cash.  
One more site for tips/recipes is this guy too.

Amazing Ribs
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Your are not kidding about arfcom helping you spend your fun money. Weather is horrible windy here today so after work tomorrow I'm gonna fire it up cook off whatever China germs are in there. Hopefully play with the vents try and learn temps do burgers tomorrow maybe steaks sunday when I am off work all day.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File
got it hot to cook off whatever may be in there forgot to get a pic till the temp was fall went over 600 pretty quick.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File
 still waiting on the lava stone so can't use it as a smoker yet. Probably should gave gust got a cheap pizza stone to use for the moment anyway these steaks will be it's madden voyage as a grill.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Learning how to hold certain temps is key. Just remember it is easier to bring the temp up than bring down. Creep up to hour preferred temp. Let it stabilize for about 30 min or so before cooking.
Eggheadforum.com is a good site with lots of info and some good people. A lot like here. Their OT stuff at times is like GD here also.
Especially on weekends when the alcohol gets flowing.
You will spend more money hanging on that site also, just like here.
Butts are easy, cheap and forgiving to start with. Ribs were my nemesis for a while when I first started on my egg. Also, they tend to breed.
I have 3 BGE 's now, an XL, Lg and a mini max.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't expect to b e a expert anytime soon but I'm gonna have fun cooking and eating.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File
 first attempt 9 pound pork butt for pulled pork lets see how it goes
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#13]
First try 17 hour smoke at 225 tasted pretty good to me
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 11:10:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Good goin. Looks delicious.

What did you rub it with and did you sauce it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#15]
That looks really good.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#16]
The rub was brown sugar salt pepper garlic powder onion powder cayenne pepper and paprika. I didn't sauce it I just piled it on a bun and started eating. I think my girlfriend put sauce on it but she puts A1 on steaks.  Overall I am very happy with how it turned out and looking forward to smoking more often.  Side note I know I had it's pretty sealed up and was at a low temp but I was shocked at how lift charcoal burned up in 17 hours.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File
 I didn't know what to expect so I loaded it up with charcoal I beet it could have gone a whole lot longer at low temp
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Suggestions on what to try next weekend or should no just do another pork butt and try and improve. Keep in mind I am 100% beginner here thinking about getting a few whole chickens and doing splayed chicken shouldnt take nearly as long and have some family stuff to do this weekend
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#19]
i suggest ribs. chicken requires a higher heat to get the skin crispy, but can easily be overcooked if you're not careful. ribs are a bit more forgiving so long as your heat isn't too high. also, you can wrap/foil them with liquids during the cook to tenderize.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Suggestions on what to try next weekend or should no just do another pork butt and try and improve. Keep in mind I am 100% beginner here thinking about getting a few whole chickens and doing splayed chicken shouldnt take nearly as long and have some family stuff to do this weekend
View Quote
This was the first spatchcock chicken recipes I tried and it turned out really good.

Chicken
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
While not quite the same as you, I have the Kamado Joe Classic II and that was my first smoke as well.  It sucked because I got it on sale and had it delivered, but it sat in my garage for a month because I had no one to help with the setup and the thing weighs 200 pounds.  BBQ'd on it a couple times and finally smoked on it the weekend before i had to go to Europe.  The first weekend I get back home I am smoking a brisket.  I think I will probably spend the majority of my meals cooking on it.  Either smoked, or barbecued.  Kamadoguru.com seems to be a pretty good forum to go to as well for these types of grills/smokers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File
 smoked a turkey yeaterday that I was told did not suck by multiple people
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File
 Just put my first brisket on to go over night for the Osu game tomorrow hopefully it is decent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top