Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2022 11:08:38 AM EDT
Seems kinda short I feel like maybe I should've gotten 3.  I guess I can go back and get another.  

Is anyone selling pre-printed parts to make an enclosure that isn't charging as much as a new printer for the parts?  I don't want to spend the time printing the enclosure parts, I just want to assemble it.  I haven't done any printing in months really, the last thing I tried to print somehow caused my nozzle to crash into my PEI build plate and mess up the texture.  Not sure why, I think I manually turned the Z axis motor trying to figure out why it was screeching.  

On that note, would case sizing lube work OK for lubing the Z screw?
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Get three.

Keep in mind a full set of pieces uses three spools of filament. That's $100 using decent filament. So after you consider shipping and profit...yeah, they are pricey.

You could probably lower infill and skip spool holders and get away with two spools if you really wanted to.

Just printed my second enclosure building it this upcoming weekend.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#2]
@-Obsessed-
What filament is that green?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@-Obsessed-
What filament is that green?
View Quote

Atomic translucent UV fluorescent green, in PETG.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Atomic translucent UV fluorescent green, in PETG.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/20221121_202746_jpg-2611392.JPG
View Quote

Thank you! I'll be ordering a roll soon.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thank you! I'll be ordering a roll soon.
View Quote

Here is the link. I think you need two rolls.

I used three as I also did the printer parts and spool holder. And I also use a third table.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top