Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2021 12:46:02 AM EDT
Its a long story. The first part I've posted about on this subforum before, but basically it begins with my renewed interest in my faith during covid and how that created a division between my GF of five years, eventually leading to a breakup.

Part 2, I had this strong gut feeling to move to East Tennessee from my home in metro Detroit. I work remote so I can live wherever. However I have no family, friends, anyone here. I felt like God may have been pushing me towards this but IDK.

So after my offer on a house was accepted, I joined up on a dating app to see what the field would look like there - wasn't actually planning on meeting anyone, just wanted to look. Sure enough stumbled across a girl and we started chatting. Had a lot in common and did video calls for several months while the closing was being done on the house.

So I move down here, get settled in and go on a first date. She seemed excited to see me, then it kinda got awkward. I was operating on about 5 hrs of sleep and wasn't at the top of my game. Anyways I get a text from her later saying that we should just be friends. Now I knew this was a possibility but I guess I didn't realize how emotionally invested I had become. It hit me really hard and still hurts a lot.

Now the house I bought is out in the middle of nowhere about 45min east of Knoxville. Its the closest to a major metro area I could afford that wasn't a trailer or a dump. My neighbors aren't friendly aside from one, and there no one my age (32) in the area, just old people, chain-smoking redneck women and a ton of Spanish people most of who I cannot talk to. My closest family is 5hrs away in NC.

I am looking back on all of this and it all started because of my renewed interest in my faith. Prior to that, I was with a beautiful woman who loved me deeply, we were planning on being married and having a family. And I feel like I threw it all away by being a real Christian and insisting our children be that way. Now I'm very alone, in the middle of nowhere and my prospects for finding a partner to raise a family with (which I really want) thats not a fat ugly hillbilly woman are very slim if not zero.

I basically fucked my life up and I'm resentful towards God for it. I feel extremely lonely, and abandoned. I really don't know what to do, which is why I'm posting this so I have it in writing and can get it off my chest.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:02:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you made some impulsive decisions based on wishes and hopes rather than a real, mature plan. Getting your hopes up over a gal you haven't even been on a date with...are you twelve? This is not real world stuff.

Figure out your best course of action and improve your life. If there aren't any eligible women around, move. If you need to earn more money, do that.

God did not abandon you or trick you, you screwed up all on your own. You can choose to be a powerless victim, blaming god for your woe, or you can sack up, admit you made a mistake, and take steps to improve your lot.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish I had some advice for you but I can assure you that if you keep at it, things will get better.

Being alone is a luxury and the fact you have a home, by yourself, in the middle of nowhere, you should be grateful.  I know I'm jelly of you for that.

Don't stress so much about woman.  You didn't throw away your previous relationship.  It wouldn't have worked regardless, if you're a religious man.

You'll be fine.  I'd stay far, far away from the dating sites.  They only attract the worst kind of woman(yes, I know a few people made it great off meeting woman off the internet, but those folks won the lotto).  If you really want to meet woman, you're going to have to do it the old fashioned way; drive into town on Friday night and go to a country bar, like it's suppose to be done.

Keep at it.  You're doing better than most people, hell doing better than me, that's for sure.  I'm stuck in debt slavery for the next 10-15 years of my life and by then I'll be too old to care that I can actually keep my money.

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:34:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Well the old sayings are be careful what you pray for and if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans. Also never pray for patience. As a christian perhaps the best one can do is to pray for his will to be done and wait upon his answer is his due time. God is very good at teaching us humility. Also find a local church and spend time fellowshiping with other christians.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:59:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Good news housing is up up up. Unfuck yourself and cut your losses.  You did something stupid,  you don't have stage 4 cancer.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:05:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I like your decision making.  Seems like God has his own plans and timing.  Stop getting upset just because your plans didnt end up being what His are.  I'm sure Jonah wasnt happy about being swallowed by a whale.  I do suggest you get involved with like minded people. Even if that means driving to Knoxville or wherever.  If you are single, that's means you have more time to help others, like soup kitchen etc.  That way you dont get closed in on yourself, and get depressed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:15:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Not all “gut” feelings are from God.  But moving to a new state doesn’t mean you are or are not in Gods will.  We could go down the Providence argument if you really want…

You are where you are, God is still in control and wasn’t thrown off by your move.  God moved Daniel from his home and look how he used him (same with Joseph).  As for the GF.. if she wasn’t a real believer then she was a weight holding you back (don’t be unequally tolled).  Keep all throngs in prayer and find a good church you can start going to and making connections.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 3:56:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its a long story. The first part I've posted about on this subforum before, but basically it begins with my renewed interest in my faith during covid and how that created a division between my GF of five years, eventually leading to a breakup.

Part 2, I had this strong gut feeling to move to East Tennessee from my home in metro Detroit. I work remote so I can live wherever. However I have no family, friends, anyone here. I felt like God may have been pushing me towards this but IDK.

So after my offer on a house was accepted, I joined up on a dating app to see what the field would look like there - wasn't actually planning on meeting anyone, just wanted to look. Sure enough stumbled across a girl and we started chatting. Had a lot in common and did video calls for several months while the closing was being done on the house.

So I move down here, get settled in and go on a first date. She seemed excited to see me, then it kinda got awkward. I was operating on about 5 hrs of sleep and wasn't at the top of my game. Anyways I get a text from her later saying that we should just be friends. Now I knew this was a possibility but I guess I didn't realize how emotionally invested I had become. It hit me really hard and still hurts a lot.

Now the house I bought is out in the middle of nowhere about 45min east of Knoxville. Its the closest to a major metro area I could afford that wasn't a trailer or a dump. My neighbors aren't friendly aside from one, and there no one my age (32) in the area, just old people, chain-smoking redneck women and a ton of Spanish people most of who I cannot talk to. My closest family is 5hrs away in NC.

I am looking back on all of this and it all started because of my renewed interest in my faith. Prior to that, I was with a beautiful woman who loved me deeply, we were planning on being married and having a family. And I feel like I threw it all away by being a real Christian and insisting our children be that way. Now I'm very alone, in the middle of nowhere and my prospects for finding a partner to raise a family with (which I really want) thats not a fat ugly hillbilly woman are very slim if not zero.

I basically fucked my life up and I'm resentful towards God for it. I feel extremely lonely, and abandoned. I really don't know what to do, which is why I'm posting this so I have it in writing and can get it off my chest.
View Quote

I applaud you breaking it off with your GF if you two weren’t on the same page spiritually.

But after that, I don’t know what to tell you. It either wasn’t God telling you to move to TN or it was. If it was, quit bitching. Because if it was, He had a reason and you not seeing that reason isn’t reason to be mad. Did He promise something to move there? How do you know His time line isn’t just longer than you’d like?

For someone who had the gumption and faith to move to a strange location on a feeling, your analysis seems sorta shortsighted and selfish.

Find a local church and get plugged in. Fellowship is central to Christian living. Moving somewhere chock full of churches, like most communities in KY and TN are, but not getting plugged in makes me wonder about you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:37:38 AM EDT
[#8]
He hasn't.
I wrote my story twice, in response to your post.
deleted twice.
I'm not ready to accept my part in my fiasco.
But I will say God has given me direction, and when I go my own way- sometimes ugly things happen.
I follow His guidance now, Listen to what He says in your quiet times.
I am not preaching or judging, merely sharing my experiences.
follow His path.
It gets better, Brother.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 5:54:07 AM EDT
[#9]
If you could move anywhere, why not closer to family in NC? Unless you don't get along. The women are better looking in NC that's for sure.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#10]
You'll be in my prayers this morning.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Read about Job in the Bible and report back to us.

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

1st. Maybe you need to grow up a little first.

2nd. Go out and meet real people.

3rd.  Take a chapter out of Richard Nixon’s play book!

While in Whittier, Pat Ryan met Richard Nixon, a young lawyer who had recently graduated from the Duke University School of Law. The two became acquainted at a Little Theater group when they were cast together in The Dark Tower. Known as Dick, he asked Pat to marry him the first night they went out. "I thought he was nuts or something!" she recalled. He courted the redhead he called his "wild Irish Gypsy" for two years, even driving her to and from her dates with other men.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#13]
You are in a place (literally) where you aren't distracted by others and can focus on figuring out just who you are, what you want, and most importantly can devote more time to prayer, study, and are free of the distractions of the modern world in order to accomplish those things.

This sounds like a win IF you will capitalize on the opportunity.

You are a remote worker, so give it some time and improve your present house, stay the needed 2.5 years to not get wrecked on capital gains taxes, and discern with an open heart where you are to go, be, and most importantly, what you are to do.

You made the right decision in breaking up with your GF in order to not be unequally yoked. Do not doubt that.

What are your hobbies? Do you like archery?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I think all of us have had that feeling before, that “I thought I did what you asked” feeling when things look hopeless. It’s really hard when those moments come to keep plugging away, to keep plodding forward. I know I’ve been there multiple times, and, with all likelihood I will be there again. Life comes at you—Christian or not—with challenge and uncertainty and obstacles that seem insurmountable at times. You will shed tears and you will shed blood along the way.

I remember your original post, and from what you’d said then, I think you made the right decision to end a relationship in which your faith would drive a wedge between you and her or she would drive a wedge between you and God. I can’t comment on what prodding you received from the Spirit as far as your move, but that’s where you are now, and God is right there with you.

God does not abandon His people. Period. Full Stop.

Sometimes the situation looks bleak or hopeless. Sometimes trials, heartache, anguish, and despair come. Sometimes you’ve come out of Egypt only to find yourself in a barren, hostile wilderness. Sometimes you’ve followed your God only to be thrown into a furnace or a lion’s den. Sometimes you step out of the boat into turning seas and murky depths beneath your feet. And what is the lesson we see time and time again throughout scripture? Keep your eyes on God; keep your eyes on Jesus. Pursue Him and you will come into the promised land, out of the furnace, out of the lion’s den, walking on water. Pursue Him and He will take you to where He wants you.

These moments are the hardest ones to walk in believing loyalty, but that is what He asks. When we lose everything else we can possibly cling to is when we need most to put our eyes on Him and Him alone, because He is our promise. We don’t pursue the LORD to receive blessings, but because He IS our blessing.

Find a church; connect with other believers; pursue God with all your heart, mind, and strength. I have a sneaking suspicion everything else will fall in line along the way. If a spouse and children are your desire, they will need you to be strong in your faith to lead them. Use this time to develop that so that you are the sort of man to be a Godly husband and father when the time does come.

I pray your time in this wilderness is short; I pray that He blesses you with His own presence; and I pray that along the way, He blesses the desires of your heart for a partner and a family.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Also, you basically have two choices: you can blame God for what seems to be a somewhat impetuous decision and force him out of your life, thereby denying yourself the greatest source of peace and support you can ever find; or you can grow deeper into your relationship with God, find the peace you are looking for, and be more attuned to His perfect will. Sometimes His plan doesn’t unfold on our timetable, so we must have patience. You may not be ready for what He wants to accomplish because you haven’t developed enough yet.

I’ll be praying for you regardless of your decision.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#16]
It’s not god’s fault you became a simp for that girl. That’s on you.

Watch Entrepreneurs in Cars and Alexander Grace on you tube, say three Hail Tomassis and sin no more.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Is it to late to get back with your old GF? 5 years is a long time to bond. She was ready to have children with you. Just a thought...Life is definitely too short.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't know what to say beyond I will pray for you. This is one of the reasons why the "God told me..." stuff is very dangerous.

It's predominantly an Evangelical/Fundamentalist thing that can have some dire consequences. God may not have put you in this position, but He can get you out of it if you give Him a fair chance.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is it to late to get back with your old GF? 5 years is a long time to bond. She was ready to have children with you. Just a thought...Life is definitely too short.
View Quote

Why did he leave her in the first place?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Not God's fault, your fault. God gave us all Free Will.  I suggest your prayers be that God help you understand your decisions and take responsibility for your actions.

My very best.  Cool dog BTW

Quoted:

View Quote
Your
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#21]
I tend toward Calvinistic in my theology so I will say that God’s  will for your life is pretty simple. First step is Repentence-confess and turn from the known sin in your life. It’s one of the first things Jesus says; Matthew 4:17.  
Then understand that one of the things that God desires for you is that you become conformed to the image of His Son. Romans 8:28-29. It’s a process of learning to trust Him in all things and circumstances. You WILL suffer in the process. Suffering is part of being a Christian.
Jesus says he will never leave us and that He is with us to the end; Matt 28:20.
So, IF you are a Disciple of His  then do what He says. If I were you I would find a good Church that teaches the whole Bible and start there. In East Tennessee there are a few.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
While in Whittier, Pat Ryan met Richard Nixon, a young lawyer who had recently graduated from the Duke University School of Law. The two became acquainted at a Little Theater group when they were cast together in The Dark Tower. Known as Dick, he asked Pat to marry him the first night they went out. "I thought he was nuts or something!" she recalled. He courted the redhead he called his "wild Irish Gypsy" for two years, even driving her to and from her dates with other men.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure Nixon is the only human being in history that got this "strategy" to work.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

God will never leave you nor forsake you. It is we that forsake God.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Don’t give up hope.  Things and circumstances that are seemingly hopeless to us are nothing to God.  Pray and lay out your concerns to Him. He does amazing things.  Keep trusting in Him.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure Nixon is the only human being in history that got this "strategy" to work.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The odds are in his favor!
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Driving her to dates with other men has to be the most cucked thing I have ever heard of.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I’d like the OP to show me in the Bible where “God” has promised him a great wife, a great house, an amazing fulfilling job, new cars every couple years, a bank account that even Arfcom would approve of, or children that you can be proud of.
If your “God” is some kind of vending machine where you get to decide who He is and what He is doing then He isn’t much of a “God”.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Be thankful you have your health. I hurt and am sick every day.

I don’t blame God.

I’m thankful to Him for the blessings I do have.

It could always be worse.

Try finding a nice girl at church.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#29]
OP stop searching for answers and start trusting God.

That’s all I can say.

I hope you find solace soon.

Oh and find yourself a god fearing hispanic woman. You will be happy
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Kind brother. If the door closes, it means it wasn't your door. God is NOT going to answer a prayer that is counter to HIS will for your salvation.
God has never and will never abandon us.
But we, today in our society. place our ways above His and then are surprised when it doesn't work out. I tell you from life experience, that is the sure path to failure and destruction. We
are over achievers in coming up with new and creative ways to profane and abandon God. Start by loving GOD first. He'll do the rest.

Have you asked God to lead you to who HE wants in your life?
Are you living your faith or have you abandoned it.

Work on these things and you won't be able to keep the ladies away. Sounds to me like you need to join a church and repent of anything that is contrary to God and make the ask... Lord guide me on the path to the vocation of marriage if it be YOUR Will. He answers those prayers. He's waiting for you.

It doesn't sound like a total loss to me. It sounds like a new beginning, an exciting journey. This is temporary so stop dissing the God who loves you, take a hard look at your life and work on you.
Get busy living life. Stay OFF stupid dating sites (you don't know where they have been ewwww) . It's a grocery store of people who are trying to sell themselves. Just don't. Seriously ...
In His time He will surpass your expectations if you just trust in HIM.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top