Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2023 6:57:11 AM EDT
A friend is moving to Hawaii and was selling her beer collection.  I told her I'd take a few stouts.
I haven't heard of any of these.  All but one of them are 12-15% ABV.

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this a thing?  Or someone capitalizing on party leftovers?
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Her fiance fancied himself a collector of rare and exotic beers.

Supposedly had over 400 they needed to get rid of before moving.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you going to drink them?  I wonder how skunky they might be depending on age.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#4]
The 903 is a brewery of of sherman tx.  That make some good stuff but it's mostly copies of bigger brewers good items.   They also hosted Beta at their brewery for a fundraiser this year.   I supported them during covid,  told them I shouldn't have since he would undoubtedly want lockdowns and wouldn't support them anymore.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Only one I’ve had is the B Bomb and it was fantastic
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are you going to drink them?  I wonder how skunky they might be depending on age.
View Quote

I thought of that.  If I open them and they're nasty I'll pour $2.00 down the drain.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#8]
That Fremont alone is a $30 beer, Listerman is good, I’ve been there.  Hubbard’s cave makes pretty good stouts as well
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#9]
'Eat the Rich' was excellent.  I'd buy it again, but from what I've read they no longer make it.

'Hubbard's Cave French Toast' was exactly as described:  Very forward notes of maple syrup, cinnamon, and bread.  It was good, but too sweet for my taste.  I wouldn't buy it again.  It had an amazing thick, long-lasting head on it, though.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Any idea of the age on them?  High ABV stouts can last for a long time.  I've got a thread in the home brewer's forum where I have started tasting beers from 2006.  They have survived.....  My guess is anything less than 5 years old should be prime (assuming it was good to start with).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top