Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 34
Posted: 3/3/2021 3:19:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BBTC_MH]
EDIT 5/3/21.  Hedge fund liquidation of 22.3 Billion dollars.  Melvin Capital files amended 13F...pictures on pg8

4/28/21 - EDIT   BIG BANKS OFFERING OVER $30 BILLION IN BONDS...WRITING IS ON THE WALL

3/29/21-EDIT...LOOK HERE....SEEMS LIKE MAYBE I WAS’T CRAZY AFTER ALL SAYING HEDGE FUNDS WERE OVER LEVERAGED... $30 BILLION IN LIQUIDATION AND LOSS

BLUF (bottom line up front).... Several Hedge Firms are currently over leveraged and there is tens (possibly hundreds) of billions at stake. The resulting Bailout will destroy what Freedoms we still have.

Without getting into the GameStop situation in detail it essentially revolves around that and several other stocks (and ETF's).  Also, just know that the $GME (GameStop) "situation" isn't over like the MSM would have you believe. Very similar to the 2020 election, there is a MAJOR coordinated effort between the MSM, Big Tech, politicians, and Hollywood/entertainment to voice a unified  narrative as well as CENSOR/IGNORE very obvious truths and stories.

I've been reviewing some interesting Level II data on certain stocks across different markets coupled with their exposure/relevance on social media and the MSM and believe I'm seeing a desperate attempt to recoup current and FUTURE losses from the exposure several HF's have on uncovered (naked) shorts.  Contrary to what you may have heard/read, $GME is still very much a "thing" and could blow any day/week now. Very good data to support that this will cause a domino effect among several other over-shorted stocks.  One major margin call for a large firm would create a panic.

I think the whole RKT hype the last few days was a planned pump and dump to cover some losses as well as a distraction to get people to FOMO on "the next GameStop" and get them to sell/forget about $GME.  There is also VERY noticeable activity on certain platforms similar to the "Share Blue Shills" and "Under_Score_Bros" that are spreading misinformation and fear.  From telling people it won't happen or already over to "Hold until $1,000 then sell!"....when the truth is $GME could very easily go MUCH higher than that.  The $1000 sell point is believed to be HF's trying to get people to sell early (crazy to think that $1000 is them "getting out cheap")

No, this is not "You ain't see bad yet, but it's coming" type thread.    I think the implications are MUCH WORSE than just a crash.  I'm worried about the Bailout Bill

Because we have learned one thing is certain when Big Business acts irresponsible......BIG GOV always bails out BIG BIZ.  They will write not only the largest bailout in the history of all bailouts (I'm guessing several Trillion)......mark my words.......THEY ARE GOING TO PUT THINGS IN THE BILL THAT WILL STRIP EVERY LAST SEMBLANCE OF A FREE COUNTRY AND INDIVIDUAL LIBERTIES.

TL;DR.......Unstoppable force is about to meet immovable object.  Something is gonna give...most likely our freedom.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Been saying this for over a year now and everyone seemed to think another crash was impossible
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Bitcoin!!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I need a break from the Internet.  
Today is just full of shitty news

That said, this is a tag.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I just sold a grand in Bitcoin so I can purchase GME. My brother believes it will hit $1000, perhaps 10's of thousands when these shorts come due.

Any thoughts on this?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not worried - I'm pretty sure biden will fix it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
If you can't point a gun at someone and tell him to get away from IT* you don't own IT*.

* Silver, gold, land, chickens...
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:27:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cherryelky305] [#8]
I saw a house on .7 acres at 864sq ft. for 280k.    Yeah its inflated

Edit.  In fucking ohio
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By piperpa24:
I'm not worried - I'm pretty sure biden will fix it.
View Quote

That's why he was elected! To fix bad Orange man's economy!
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#10]
All family business will be settled. - China Joe Biden
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure another 2008 will play out but yeah I’m feeling something
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Housing prices are inflated because of low interest rates.  Lenders are encouraging people to take out equity loans.  Interest rates spike, housing prices go down, again, like before, people will be holding a mortgage for a house worth less than what they owe.  

Biden will collapse the economy big time, between inflation, illegal aliens flooding the country, rice rabies lock downs and an interest spike and taxes, yea we are fucked.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:32:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BBTC_MH] [#13]
Originally Posted By Sungod-RA:
I just sold a grand in Bitcoin so I can purchase GME. My brother believes it will hit $1000, perhaps 10's of thousands when these shorts come due.

Any thoughts on this?
View Quote

Based on history and the way the market operates.....$1,000 is not on possible its extremely probable IMO. Several thousand is actually very possible.

EDIT: as a last resort attempt to cover losses I think HF May allow it to go crazy high, and then short the shit out of it on the way down. If that doesn’t work....bailout. Or, “get both”.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#14]
It will happen on a Monday, it always happens on a Monday.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By cosmo05:
Housing prices are inflated because of low interest rates.  Lenders are encouraging people to take out equity loans.  Interest rates spike, housing prices go down, again, like before, people will be holding a mortgage for a house worth less than what they owe.  

Biden will collapse the economy big time, between inflation, illegal aliens flooding the country, rice rabies lock downs and an interest spike and taxes, yea we are fucked.
View Quote

Housing prices are also "inflated" because they are valued in dollars, which are becoming weaker by the day compared to hard assets.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:
It will happen on a Monday, it always happens on a Monday.
View Quote

LOL, it may actually “start to happen” this coming Monday. The price increase that is. If $GME starts to rise above $150/200 on Monday then you’ll know it’s “happening”. If it’s $250 on Tuesday......it’s all but guaranteed.  Not sure how long it will take to “crash” though.  That could be weeks or months. Or maybe just a few days.

No one really knows.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By rod727:
Not sure another 2008 will play out but yeah I’m feeling something
View Quote

Same.

I've seen a lot of real estate listings that I expected to be more expensive and the frequency of these listings is increasing.  I know it's probably due to spring coming but I'm sensing a lot of sellers will be happy to unload debt.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Man the doom and gloom sure is tiring
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Must be in the water.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#20]
The rules will get changed if needed, the system will not be allowed to break, so I wouldn't get too excited.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By FistPeso:
The rules will get changed if needed, the system will not be allowed to break, so I wouldn't get too excited.
View Quote

That is the current situation, there is no current explanation other than naked shorting, which is already illegal.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Everything goes in a cycle.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#23]
so...

when i go to buy a new house, when will it be cheaper? (I already sold my old house, im in limbo)
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#24]
a 6-month period of the roaring twenties followed by four decades of depression
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#25]
2021 America feels a lot like South Vietnam in April of 1975.  The commies were marching down the middle of the country but many in the South acted as if everything was going to be all right.  They too were expecting a "bailout" because they were "too big to fail" (sounds familiar?).  By the time people woke up to the fact that all was lost, it was too late.  Helicopter on roof of embassy time.  It feels like that now.  The commies are marching but are we going to wake up in time to deal with them?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By apierce918:
so...

when i go to buy a new house, when will it be cheaper? (I already sold my old house, im in limbo)
View Quote

Probably never
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I don’t believe a crash will happen. That implies the dollar will have more buying power. I expect the opposite, mortgages to go up and cost of living to to go up
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm banking on it.  Hoping to scoop up a lakeside retirement home for cheap.  Bought our first house after the 08 crash.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#29]
It does seem close. It’s when the rollercoaster starts to plateau is generally a clue before the drop. The fed is printing money and dragging the coaster up the tracks to keep it going higher instead of letting it drop. Look for the plateau. It may only be visible after it happens. But it will be there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AngryNagant:
I'm banking on it.  Hoping to scoop up a lakeside retirement home for cheap.  Bought our first house after the 08 crash.  
View Quote

You’re going to be frightened and terribly disappointed the day you find out about all the money they made.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#31]
OP, the thing you’re most afraid of is already happening.   It’s been happening.   In fact, it never really stopped...just got exponentially worse.    Instability and bailouts will occur, with or without GME.
The whole world is banking on it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#32]
To big to fail, no banker left behind.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Crash?  Sure.

Bailout?  Not sure what they can do that isn't already being done in that regard... have you seen the last three "stimulus" bills.  They are attempting to bail out everything.  It's not going to work the way they think (or maybe that's actually the plan?  <- more likely, IMO).
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Just let it burn down already.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By AngryNagant:
View Quote

lol retirement, good luck with that
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Money printer goes brrrrrrrrrr
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Cherryelky305:
I saw a house on .7 acres at 864sq ft. for 280k.    Yeah its inflated

Edit.  In fucking ohio
View Quote

I can't believe what houses are going for right now. I smell a repeat of 2008 for sure.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ben123:
I don’t believe a crash will happen. That implies the dollar will have more buying power. I expect the opposite, mortgages to go up and cost of living to to go up
View Quote

For both mortgages and cost of living to go up, wages would also have to increase.  That's not happening.  We're planning on selling within a month, and will probably move right into a rental house to ride this out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Whole lot of feelz and no actual facts in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By jkitchen:

I can't believe what houses are going for right now. I smell a repeat of 2008 for sure.
View Quote

I bought my house 2 years ago for $243k.  Zillow has it at $300k, maybe a little high but comps seem to be in the high 280s, low 290s.  Crash is going to be epic.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:41:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LS1POWERED] [#41]
Originally Posted By jkitchen:

View Quote

Mortgage forbearance can kicked down the road = no foreclosures hitting the market.

Very low interest rates and yellen saying they will not be raising rates in the near future = more buyers can afford more house.

Gov printing money nonstop = your dollar buys less so houses seem overpriced.

3.5% down loans = more people who prob shouldn’t buy are buying.

Couple of these things need to change before a pop.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By whoanelly:

For both mortgages and cost of living to go up, wages would also have to increase.  That's not happening.  We're planning on selling within a month, and will probably move right into a rental house to ride this out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Wages are absolutely going up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#43]
I think the 1% interest rate bump a week ago was a crack in the dam. The Fed had a payment system go offline. There were (nationwide?) credit card processing interruptions. This and possibly other events were interrelated but I am not able to find the right news sources to get a good picture of what is happening. But it’s pretty clear somebody thought that bump was worth reacting to in a big way and other defensive measures are on tap waiting for the “paste” command. When an interest increase sticks, its game over and somebody at the controls knows this and is willing to use all options at their disposal to “manage” that inevitability.

I am sure that it won’t just be another 2008. Yea, Mondays tick by until they get their own name in the history books. Black Monday and Bloody Monday are taken, I wonder what this one will be called.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#44]
The market oscillation is reminiscent of what happened right before the COVID crash.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spidey07:

In line with both RE prices and the real cost of consumer goods?  Okay.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Stop with all the negativity.  If bad things were coming in America, you would first see a pattern of blatant corruption, deception, falsified documents of all types, abuse of the court system, the selective enforcement of laws, political prosecutions, and you would see a substantial security perimeter established in DC, plus attempts to control the mov't of the masses via travel restrictions; you would see jumps in gasoline prices, utility costs, food costs, medical costs, drug costs, and a move to pass substantial gun control legislation. The MSM would be delivering the news using the same verbiage on every channel to ensure the masses have the proper perspective.  

So comrades, there is nothing to be concerned with.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I believe OP is correct.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Arlis:
I wonder what this one will be called.
View Quote

The Monday.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:

I bought my house 2 years ago for $243k.  Zillow has it at $300k, maybe a little high but comps seem to be in the high 280s, low 290s.  Crash is going to be epic.
View Quote

You'll enjoy it when that house is going for $125K...  

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Seph:
Been saying this for over a year now and everyone seemed to think another crash was impossible
View Quote

Weird I told you so  but you do you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top