Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2021 1:25:37 AM EDT
Well, not really. I am young Gen X / Old Millenial

I recently started using the "Your Phone" link on Windows 10. Now I can send and receive text messages while at my DESKTOP PC - I really like this feature. You can also more easily pull photos off your phone this way.
I also use facebook on my browser and find chatting through facebook messenger easier with my big mechanical keyboard.

I also figured out how to use Instagram in phone mode through the browser since Instagram is annoying and weird.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:41:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going super boomer, phone is phone and only does phone things, computer is computer, and television plays video games.  No smart devices, home things, trans-devices.  Got a wireless surveillance system, that's as about high tech as I want to do.  Making an effort to not be a phone goblin by only access that stuff on my desktop, and I know I won't sit at my desk but for little of the day, so its working out.

Make penmanship great again, and I'll be burning CD's for the truck as long as she's alive.  That is all.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 4:40:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I went back to a flip phone a couple years after I married the main person I texted, because I got a smart phone around the time we got married and never really learned how to text on it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well, not really. I am young Gen X / Old Millenial

I recently started using the "Your Phone" link on Windows 10. Now I can send and receive text messages while at my DESKTOP PC - I really like this feature. You can also more easily pull photos off your phone this way.
I also use facebook on my browser and find chatting through facebook messenger easier with my big mechanical keyboard.

I also figured out how to use Instagram in phone mode through the browser since Instagram is annoying and weird.
View Quote

I've been trying to do that for awhile. I think I need a new laptop. Can't get my cell phone to pair with it.
Internet at the house is slow. Phone internet is fast. Would love to be able to edit videos off my phone on my laptop.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been trying to do that for awhile. I think I need a new laptop. Can't get my cell phone to pair with it.
Internet at the house is slow. Phone internet is fast. Would love to be able to edit videos off my phone on my laptop.
View Quote

So the only thing I know for sure is that the phone has to be connected to your local wifi network. My PC is hardwired, but also can do wireless - which is weird.

My PC also can do Bluetooth, but I don't think that is needed for this feature.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top