Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2022 12:11:15 PM EDT
I have no idea why my FPS and latency is so bad.

Setup:

Winblows 10 Home 64bit
I Core 5
16 Gig RAM
NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB
MSI Artymis MPG 32" (max res. 2560x1440 @ 164 hz)
Wifi 6 router and NIC (no difference if wired or wireless on the issue)
Bf4 is the game.

I get constant low FPS . I use a display for real time (even though shit is setup for 164hz).
Latency is at or below 20ms (again real time graph)

Game is laggy during play and I get shot around corners, or the opponents (yes, 90% of them) have super human reflexes and can hit me as soon as they come around the corner. I mean like in .25 of a second.
I can lay in ambush mode and they still fuck me up.

I have added a user config file in the root of my BF4 folder.
If this makes a difference, I have installed the game on a D: partition (this should not matter).

Config file contents.
WorldRender.DxDeferredCsPathEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
WorldRender.FxaaEnable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 180
GameTime.MaxVariableFps 180
perfoverlay.drawfps 1

I have no idea what else I can do to make this game run worth a fuck.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Turn off vsnyc.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
When you say low, how low of FPS are you getting?

According to benchmarks I'm looking at online, you won't get anywhere near 160 FPS with that setup.  Average is barely 60 with that card on BF4 @ 1440p.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you say low, how low of FPS are you getting?

According to benchmarks I'm looking at online, you won't get anywhere near 160 FPS with that setup.  Average is barely 60 with that card on BF4 @ 1440p.
View Quote

This.. and try setting the resolution on everything including windows to 1920x1080p and see if you don't get a big increase.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.. and try setting the resolution on everything including windows to 1920x1080p and see if you don't get a big increase.
View Quote

if the little display is correct, the FPS is about as follows:

During non game play, 130-160 ( in other words not in a match)
During a match, it will go from 60-90 FPS

I will set it at 1080 and see WTF happens and I think I have vsync turned off, but will check it out

Thanks so far
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
is this the calculator y'all used?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I was using UserBenchmark which is actual users who play the game with given hardware, and the FPS they are seeing. It's like trusting Fuelly for fuel economy vs. EPA ratings.

Users with your video card and 1440p are getting between 50-90 FPS. SO I think you're right in the ballpark. I'd say if you want more FPS, gotta spend more coin.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
2560 resolution on a 3gb 1060 might be asking too much from the card in a modern game title.  A 2080 would be much better for that setup.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was using UserBenchmark which is actual users who play the game with given hardware, and the FPS they are seeing. It's like trusting Fuelly for fuel economy vs. EPA ratings.

Users with your video card and 1440p are getting between 50-90 FPS. SO I think you're right in the ballpark. I'd say if you want more FPS, gotta spend more coin.
View Quote

Just checked out how this would work, better, but still some fucked up shit.

I could tell I was about to die as the FPS would drop from around 60-80 down to the teens to mid 20s. Once the FPS displayed in red, I would be close enough to an enemy to get blasted and the FPS was so low I could not move or shoot fast enough.
not kidding.

I just dont understand how shit like this rolls.

The graphics are way better on PC, but gameplay is 10x better on consoles. Playstaion being the overall champ. Xbox is OK, and so far, PC fucking blows

ETA: not playing campaign but online multi
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I think you're biggest problem is trying to run that big monitor on the highest setting with the 1060. A 1080/1080ti or better would be a big improvement, but if you dial the resolution back it should help out a lot.

I took one of the 1080tis out of my old rig and it made a big difference in some of my games on my 27" 2560x1440 monitor. Its downstairs now running a 1920x1080p monitor and slays anything my stepdaughter can throw at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top