Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2018 12:51:05 AM EDT
My other thread seems to have been archived, but tomorrow night my Master Degree ceremony will take place.
I was warned about a possible goat  but livestock threats aside, I am excited to take this step.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 12:56:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 4:43:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Enjoy.  It will be an experience you remember and cherish for the rest of your life.
View Quote
so we shouldnt tell him about the undertaker ?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Cherish your travels to the east
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations brother!  Welcome to our fraternity. Make note of those around you tonight. I was so excited, and nervous I failed to make an effort to remember everyone present. I do remember which brothers carried out the main duties. And I remember how many were there. I wish that I could recall more. I did promise to myself to assist in the raising of no less than that many new brothers.

This is truly a big night for you.  We all wish that we could be there I am sure.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Hate doing MM degrees when it is hot out.

The goat hair sticks to everything...
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Baaaah!!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Pay as close attention as you can.  Then at your first opportunity go watch one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My other thread seems to have been archived, but tomorrow night my Master Degree ceremony will take place.
I was warned about a possible goat  but livestock threats aside, I am excited to get take this step.
View Quote
I'm happy you have made it, Brother.

It was exciting watching your journey through the emails I get from your Lodge.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats brother. Mine will be in November.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#11]
@EP429

How did it go?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Everything went well, they did a great job at prepping me without giving too much away beforehand. Definitely a memorable experience. As always I enjoyed the symbolism and learning aspect of it and look forward to participating in one on the other side in the future.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:... look forward to participating in one on the other side in the future.
View Quote
That's when the real learning begins.

Congratulations, Brother!
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Congrats !
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Congratulations Brother!
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I bet you never saw it coming...
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Congrats Bro. Hope you enjoyed running the bases. Very meaningful and memorable experience.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:40:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I wanted to pull this back up for a bit of an update - In the time since my raising I've undergone some of life's usual ebb & flow, primarily in work schedule which unfortunately has kept me from attending lodge on a regular basis (not to mention the Covid fiasco). I've had the chance to attend several EA degrees, no FC degrees just yet. I have attended one Master degree, which is part of what inspired this update.
At some point I had loosely mentioned to my brother who lives about 6 hours away in another state, that I had become a Mason. He told me that he had inquired with his local lodge but said nothing more of it. Some months later I asked him if he had pursued the matter any further, only to discover that he was scheduled to be raised to a MM in about three weeks time
Thankfully both me & my wife's schedules worked out so that I was able to make the drive & attend his degree. This was also my first time attending another lodge, they were a fantastic bunch and exemplary of what Freemasonry teaches us about brotherhood.
I had a whiskey decanter made for my brother for the occasion, name distorted for the usual internet opsec. I included a liter of Buffalo Trace to finish off the package
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wanted to pull this back up for a bit of an update - In the time since my raising I've undergone some of life's usual ebb & flow, primarily in work schedule which unfortunately has kept me from attending lodge on a regular basis (not to mention the Covid fiasco). I've had the chance to attend several EA degrees, no FC degrees just yet. I have attended one Master degree, which is part of what inspired this update.
At some point I had loosely mentioned to my brother who lives about 6 hours away in another state, that I had become a Mason. He told me that he had inquired with his local lodge but said nothing more of it. Some months later I asked him if he had pursued the matter any further, only to discover that he was scheduled to be raised to a MM in about three weeks time
Thankfully both me & my wife's schedules worked out so that I was able to make the drive & attend his degree. This was also my first time attending another lodge, they were a fantastic bunch and exemplary of what Freemasonry teaches us about brotherhood.
I had a whiskey decanter made for my brother for the occasion, name distorted for the usual internet opsec. I included a liter of Buffalo Trace to finish off the package
https://i.imgur.com/s1dgfPi.jpeg
View Quote

Very cool!
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Congrats to our new Brothers!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That's really nice!  Where did you have that made?
View Quote

Amazon actually, you fill in the details & the seller send you a template to verify the design. I hadn't even looked until now but they do have a business website - Half Moon Etching
They do excellent work, the etching is deep & crisp, really nice.
Link to their Amazon page
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Gonna try this tagging thing -
@OverScoped

I felt it noteworthy, you helped in the addition of two Master Masons and the domino effect seems to be happily in motion. You have my gratitude Brother.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Gonna try this tagging thing -
@OverScoped

I felt it noteworthy, you helped in the addition of two Master Masons and the domino effect seems to be happily in motion. You have my gratitude Brother.
View Quote

It was my pleasure. I am glad that you are part of the Brotherhood.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top