[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Scared of cats are ya?
View Quote

especially after mocking big pussies all those years  
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Just stuck to the old testament. No "turn the other cheek" shit in there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the end the Christian get to kick some serious ass.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Onward Christian soldiers.

Its not against gods will to fight evil
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Onward Christian soldiers.

Its not against gods will to fight evil
View Quote

Deus Vult!

Powerwolf – In the Name of God
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

No one has died or been to the hospital for a slap to the cheek.  Jesus said if you don't have a sword you should sell your coat to get one. Jesus turned over tables and took a whip to some people. Violence has its place
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Eph. 6:13
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that would make you a Jew.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No one has died or been to the hospital for a slap to the cheek.  Jesus said if you don't have a sword you should sell your coat to get one. Jesus turned over tables and took a whip to some people. Violence has its place
View Quote

That's right.

And turn the other cheek doesn't mean pacifism or offering your other facial-cheek to be slapped again.

It means you turn your ass-cheeks to assholes when you walk away - writing them off for being assholes.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Eph. 6:13
View Quote

Applies to lifting and wearing actual armor as well...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's right.

And turn the other cheek doesn't mean pacifism or offering your other facial-cheek to be slapped again.

It means you turn your ass-cheeks to assholes when you walk away - writing them off for being assholes.

View Quote

I don't have that translation, but can I get it on Amazon?  
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I hear you. I wanted to be an Airborne Ranger until I heard that meant jumping out of planes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Applies to lifting and wearing actual armor as well...
View Quote
Yep!  But I'm just a militant independent Baptist preacher.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I've read several accounts of Christians that have faced martyrdom that stated they have never felt as close to Christ as they did then.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:56:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
0.05% Ashkenazi Jew to be exact, according to 23andMe

Quoted:
Live your life in the New Testament but don't be afraid to go Old Testament Wrath of God on a mothafucka.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have the stomach to cut off all your enemies’ foreskins?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:09:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Corrie ten boom:
“Daddy,” she had said one day, “I am afraid that I will never be strong enough to be a martyr for Jesus Christ.”

“Tell me,” her father wisely responded, “when you take a train trip from Haarlem to Amsterdam, when do I give you the money for the ticket? Three weeks before?”

“No, Daddy, you give me the money for the ticket just before we get on the train.”

“That is right,” he replied, “and so it is with God’s strength. Our wise Father in heaven knows when you are going to need things too. Today you do not need the strength to be a martyr. But as soon as you are called upon for the honor of facing death for Jesus, He will supply the strength you need—just in time.”

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:14:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I was all for it until I understood what my penis was actually for... Than I realized it was a very long manual on how to not get and spread STDS, but condoms are a thing now, so its cool....
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:21:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just stuck to the old testament. No "turn the other cheek" * in there.
View Quote
(Proverbs 24:17) Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles,
(Proverbs 25:21) If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink, for you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.  <--- it doesn't say do it to harm them, it says feed them when hungry, give water when they are thirsty. It's saying do good to them.
II Kings 6:22 He answered, "You shall not strike them down. Would you strike down those whom you have taken captive with your sword and with your bow? Set bread and water before them, that they may eat and drink and go to their master."
II Chronicles 28:15 And the men who have been mentioned by name rose and took the captives, and with the spoil they clothed all who were naked among them. They clothed them, gave them sandals, provided them with food and drink, and anointed them, and carrying all the feeble among them on donkeys, they brought them to their kinsfolk at Jericho, the city of palm trees. Then they returned to Samaria.
(Leviticus 19:18) You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.
(Exodus 23:4-5)If you meet your enemy's ox or his donkey going astray, you shall bring it back to him. If you see the donkey of one who hates you lying down under its burden, you shall refrain from leaving him with it; you shall rescue it with him.
(Job 31:29-30,33) If I have rejoiced at the ruin of him who hated me, or exulted when evil overtook him  (I have not let my mouth sin by asking for his life with a curse),... if I have concealed my transgressions as others do by hiding my iniquity in my bosom,...
... and the new testament doesn't teach pacifism.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:28:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
(Proverbs 24:17) Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles,
(Proverbs 25:21) If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink, for you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.  <--- it doesn't say do it to harm them, it says feed them when hungry, give water when they are thirsty. It's saying do good to them.
II Kings 6:22 He answered, "You shall not strike them down. Would you strike down those whom you have taken captive with your sword and with your bow? Set bread and water before them, that they may eat and drink and go to their master."
II Chronicles 28:15 And the men who have been mentioned by name rose and took the captives, and with the spoil they clothed all who were naked among them. They clothed them, gave them sandals, provided them with food and drink, and anointed them, and carrying all the feeble among them on donkeys, they brought them to their kinsfolk at Jericho, the city of palm trees. Then they returned to Samaria.
(Leviticus 19:18) You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.
(Exodus 23:4-5)If you meet your enemy's ox or his donkey going astray, you shall bring it back to him. If you see the donkey of one who hates you lying down under its burden, you shall refrain from leaving him with it; you shall rescue it with him.
(Job 31:29-30,33) If I have rejoiced at the ruin of him who hated me, or exulted when evil overtook him  (I have not let my mouth sin by asking for his life with a curse),... if I have concealed my transgressions as others do by hiding my iniquity in my bosom,...
... and the new testament doesn't teach pacifism.
View Quote

For all the beating around the bush sermons about "being like Jesus" in order to not offend people, this says so much.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:36:10 AM EDT
[#27]
I just want to do the Colosseum stuff.
Commodus Gives a Thumbs Down
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:29:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
it's time to do Roman coliseum stuff
View Quote

Fight liberals in the Colosseum? I'd do that for free, man.

Ryse: Son of Rome - Colosseum Intro Tier 6 Gladiator
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:42:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Well seeing as many Christians were persecuted via forced participation in the Coliseum.

Get both.....

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
it's time to do Roman coliseum stuff
View Quote

Here am I.

The crown of life awaits.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:01:35 AM EDT
[#32]
The problem you all have is your relying on your flesh.  Trump was a man, a great man but a man.  All of us are but mere men.  Don't worry the book has been written already.  If you die today it is but a mere part of a longer story.  Rejoice for the king cometh on a white horse.  With a whole lot of whoop ass.  The time for peace will be over and a pissed of warrior king will come down and he means to finish it.

Revelation.
11Then I saw heaven standing open, and there before me was a white horse. And its rider is called Faithful and True. With righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 He has eyes like blazing fire, and many royal crowns on His head. He has a name written on Him that only He Himself knows. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is The Word of God 14 The armies of heaven, dressed in fine linen, white and pure, follow Him on white horses. 15And from His mouth proceeds a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and He will rule them with an iron scepter. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty 17Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out in a loud voice to all the birds flying overhead, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18so that you may eat the flesh of kings and commanders and mighty men, of horses and riders, of everyone slave and free, small and great.”
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm a terrible person, and not a particularly good Christian. I still believe in Christ and God but feel destined to hell regardless. I'd still join up for a Crusade in a heartbeat though. I've nothing else to offer but my life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top