BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, here is another thought....

I have only worked 1 legitimate home invasion robbery. The only reason this was a legit home invasion robbery was because they went to the wrong house. They went to the neighbors.

It is not uncommon for thugs and dopers to hit the wrong house or mistake their target and an innocent gets harassed.

I could care less what a neighbor does.... until it starts directly influencing me. He can go sell his dope somewhere else.
View Quote

Something bad “could” happen is the same argument gun grabbers use.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a former piece of shit.

People that deal drugs out of their house are amateur retards. He's basically telling every burglar and robber in the area that there's cash and drugs at such and such address.

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
It would suck if the police got an anonymous phone call with a pleading voice calling out for help at a specific address in minecraft and the sound of a gunshot in the background.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nice that I can rationally state an opposing viewpoint and empathize with you and get called retarded for it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious, what part of libertarianism am I violating by not wanting my neighbor constantly having ghetto trash stopped in front of my house?

is he breaking your nose or picking your pocket?

he is participating in a black market for a product the government arbitrarily and unconstitutionally decided was illegal.

You really don't have much of any say over what someone else does on their own property.

I can certainly understand where you are coming from on this and to some extent empathize with you...

Dang. Now I know why almost everyone finds libertarians to be retarded.

Nice that I can rationally state an opposing viewpoint and empathize with you and get called retarded for it.

I can agree with the war on drugs being retarded.

However, do you agree with me that the illegal drug trade increases other instances of petty or violent crime?

Go ahead and rage against the DEA and the federal government for causing the issue. However, that doesn't help me mitigate risk of a black market being operated 10 feet from my property. That's really what concerns me, is the (however so slight) increased risk of problems caused by it.

So no, while I agree with the libertarian argument of ending the war on drugs, I don't agree with the problems it brings, and as much as it pains you and makes you think im anti-freedom, I just don't care because it doesn't register even one ounce of empathy from me when the risk is placed on my family.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, and less people are identifying as libertarian because freedom doesn’t mean anything goes and the hard core libertarians can’t grasp the need for rules and laws.  A certain demographic has become convinced that laws and rules don’t apply to them and it certainly hasn’t worked out very well.  This scenario has often gone from a teenager selling a few dime bags with little problems to teenager promoted to selling meth and fentanyl.  I know, narcotics should be legalized and all the junkies will OD and everything will be beautiful because of personal responsibility, but when you have a loved one die in an ER from a non self inflicted medical issue because all the ER  staff are overwhelmed with ODs, it’s a little different.  When these scumbags are still stealing your possessions because legal narcotics still cost money and junkies can’t hold down a job, it’s okay because all narcotics should be legal and it’s the libertarian way.  These discussions usually involve the legal drug user being accountable for their own actions, but our country hasn’t been very good at making everyone accountable for their actions, and narcotics being legalized won’t change that.
View Quote

is it possible that if the resources spent on enforcing drug laws and all the other malum prohibitum laws was redirected towards actual violence and property crimes we could actually deal with shitheads that think it's ok to rob people for drug money?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Had this exact thing happen with new neighbors moving in a while back.  I just sat back and recorded evidence.  Up until one day he parked in front of my house and started his shenanigan's with his friends.  I walked out the front and made a bee line to his door.  He saw me and closed it and I opened it up and told him to take his shit down the road away from my house.  His eyes were huge.  All I got in return was a bunch of "yes sir's" and "I'm sorry's" he fired up his little SUV and hauled ass and left his buddies standing there.  I mentioned it in passing to his step dad and then to his mom a while later.  No issues since.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

is it possible that if the resources spent on enforcing drug laws and all the other malum prohibitum laws was redirected towards actual violence and property crimes we could actually deal with shitheads that think it's ok to rob people for drug money?
View Quote

We should do both and cut foreign aid.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

However, do you agree with me that the illegal drug trade increases other instances of petty or violent crime?

Go ahead and rage against the DEA and the federal government for causing the issue. However, that doesn't help me mitigate risk of a black market being operated 10 feet from my property. That's really what concerns me, is the (however so slight) increased risk of problems caused by it.

So no, while I agree with the libertarian argument of ending the war on drugs, I don't agree with the problems it brings, and as much as it pains you and makes you think im anti-freedom, I just don't care because it doesn't register even one ounce of empathy from me when the risk is placed on my family.
View Quote

Do you know the kid or his parents?  Any chance of a normal conversion about it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have only worked 1 legitimate home invasion robbery. The only reason this was a legit home invasion robbery was because they went to the wrong house. They went to the neighbors.

It is not uncommon for thugs and dopers to hit the wrong house or mistake their target and an innocent gets harassed.

I could care less what a neighbor does.... until it starts directly influencing me. He can go sell his dope somewhere else.

If you can't tell the difference between the argument against inanimate objects being objectified as "bad" and this one... well...
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm really not even trying to argue with you necessarily it's the folks saying to call the cops right away, aside from the libertarian type argument which wouldn't even be an accurate description of my political leanings there are a lot of other reasons it's not a good idea.

I'd talk to the kid and his parents about all the risk they are facing and potentially exposing you to. Or maybe he'll show you his successful pokemon trading card business.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Another option OP, call your local PD or SD and see how much you have to pay for an off duty officer and patrol car.  Have them sit outside your house for a few hours when neighbor kid seems the busiest.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Seriously just move to a nice neighborhood

After my last neighbor blew his brains out on a sunday morning because he was getting kicked out of the Marines for pissing hot i decided ive had enough living around shitbirds.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, and less people are identifying as libertarian because freedom doesn’t mean anything goes and the hard core libertarians can’t grasp the need for rules and laws.  A certain demographic has become convinced that laws and rules don’t apply to them and it certainly hasn’t worked out very well.  This scenario has often gone from a teenager selling a few dime bags with little problems to teenager promoted to selling meth and fentanyl.  I know, narcotics should be legalized and all the junkies will OD and everything will be beautiful because of personal responsibility, but when you have a loved one die in an ER from a non self inflicted medical issue because all the ER  staff are overwhelmed with ODs, it’s a little different.  When these scumbags are still stealing your possessions because legal narcotics still cost money and junkies can’t hold down a job, it’s okay because all narcotics should be legal and it’s the libertarian way.  These discussions usually involve the legal drug user being accountable for their own actions, but our country hasn’t been very good at making everyone accountable for their actions, and narcotics being legalized won’t change that.

No, because doesn't most of the funding for increased drug enforcement come from the fed?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Find out what he’s selling, and for how much, and undercut his pricing and steal all of his business.

Seriously though, I wouldn’t do anything. There’s a lot of questionable people in my corner of the woods. If you stay off my property and you’re not abusing your kids, you’re not on my radar.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Another option OP, call your local PD or SD and see how much you have to pay for an off duty officer and patrol car.  Have them sit outside your house for a few hours when neighbor kid seems the busiest.
View Quote

OP's house? Have him sit at the neighbor's. He's paying for the service, he picks the parking spot.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do you know the kid or his parents?  Any chance of a normal conversion about it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His parents are the retards who sent my wife a nasty email because I left a few grass clippings in their driveway because it started to thunder and lightning before I could finish sweeping it. So, maybe?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:37:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, because doesn't most of the funding for increased drug enforcement come from the fed?
View Quote

why does it matter where the funding comes from?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#18]
My wife and I pretty much had this exact scenario, blatantly selling drugs broad daylight right across the street from our house. He lived with his parents one of which was a teacher. His “clients” would park in front of our house and leave their shitboxes idling, loud music playing and some of them leaving a puddle of oil out in the street. We saw this kid (dealer) get out of his friends car that was parked in front of our house, gets about half way across the street and just starts throwing up, left a fucking pile of puke in the middle of the road while it was still broad daylight out. One day it all came to an abrupt end when he OD’d and an ambulance had to haul him off while police were questing his family. I’ve seen that kid once since then and that was when he came to pick his bed up, that was about 3yrs ago and it has been nice and quiet since.

We opted out of contacting authorities just because we didn’t want or need any trouble, we have two young kids and I’m not always home. It was incredibly annoying at the time and we are really lucky the problem sorted itself out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Call the cops, if they don't do anything, he's a criminal informant and they are letting him deal trying to get more evidence against his supplier.
View Quote

Lol. No.

There’s like a 90% chance that if it’s a busy jurisdiction nobody is going to do anything about a tip of a college aged male doing small weed transactions.

Patrol is going to be too busy and SI/narcotics wants something bigger.

Some dimebag retail kid isn’t worth the surveillance needed to even think about a warrant.

Have the HOA hassle the parents. Or threaten to embarrass the parent on NextDoor. Will work better.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Go over to the house with a gat.

Offer protection for 10% cut.

Get more money.

Take vacation to Costa Rica.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because if the war on drugs goes away, the increased funding for it would go away, and you basically end up with the same limited funding for fighting those issues and nothing changes?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If you can't tell the difference between the argument against inanimate objects being objectified as "bad" and this one... well...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drugs are inanimate objects…
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#23]
MYOB imo
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#24]
The best neighbors I had at my old house were the drug dealers.  They were quiet and laid low.  Cars would pull up and he'd get in and they'd drive around the block.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

GD hates feds, and many states have legalized weed but it  is still illegal federally. I think about 80% of the population would vote to make it legal but the feds would never let that happen.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, it's strange prying eyes on your stuff.  I keep my garage closed all the time.  But if you leave your garage open while cutting your grass and a couple strange cars stop by, they will see all the cool stuff you keep in there. No thanks.  The previous owners of that house next door ran a construction company and had workers stop by routinely being all looky looky.  I didn't like that either and that's when I started keeping my stuff shut.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but the ghetto kids buying it that are now hanging out in my neighborhood are not...
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah but the ghetto kids buying it that are now hanging out in my neighborhood are not...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not illegal to do that though.

Besides that - you're either for freedom or you're not,
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Within 2 weeks of moving in, my son of my neighbor on the right did a drug deal in front of my house.

Within a month, the squatters in house on my left we’re doing dead drop drug deals that necessitated the receiver walking up my driveway.

Going visibly armed on my property ALL THE TIME seemed to solve the trespassing issue.

Neighbor father was stabbed several times in a break-in a few years ago that saw the attacker escape through my yard. I’m guessing it was drug related.

Things have settled down since then. Neighborhood stinks of jazz cabbage though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

have these ghetto kids actually done or said anything to you, or do you just not like blacks in your neighborhood?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Within 2 weeks of moving in, my son of my neighbor on the right did a drug deal in front of my house.

Within a month, the squatters in house on my left we’re doing dead drop drug deals that necessitated the receiver walking up my driveway.

Going visibly armed on my property ALL THE TIME seemed to solve the trespassing issue.

Neighbor father was stabbed several times in a break-in a few years ago that saw the attacker escape through my yard. I’m guessing it was drug related.

Things have settled down since then. Neighborhood stinks of jazz cabbage though.
View Quote

They are currently planning the burglary based on your advert.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#32]
I sent mine to prison for 15 years, testified at his federal trial.

Biggest bust (volume) in my (former) county's history.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given that things have been quiet for about 5-6 years, the weed really did sap their motivation during the planning stage.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#34]
See if there is an anonymous tip line!

Do not confront the parents, most parents turn into psychos if you shed light on scumbag kids.

Do not directly invite the man into your life.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Put up several obvious security cameras.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Call the cops before the drive by happens.  

I’ve had the unfortunate situation of living next to a drug house.  Asshole was in and out of jail all the time for dealing.  Then one day assholes shoot up his house.  I was in the shower and my wife heard the gunfire.  

A friend of ours also lived next to a dealer.  In and out of jail.  The neighbor gets his house shot up.  The assholes hit all the neighbors cars.  My friend lost the house for sale the following week.  

The realtor came out and the first question out of her mouth, “can we ask the neighbors to move their bullet riddled cars?”  
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I doubt a 2 year old would notice a little drug deal.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Kick him in the dick, steal his stash, fuck his methhead girlfriend then shit on his chest on the way out the door.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#39]
We moved as soon as we could and prayed that we didn't catch a stray bullet or a bad swat.

The house next to us had been vacant for years and then grandma and all her children and grandchildren moved in next door.  Weed smell constantly, lots of traffic, and stuff like this on my security cameras.  I can't post the video from flickr but here are some stills of life in the new ghetto:

Beat down in the street.

This guy tried our car doors and kitchen windows.

The guy on the hood of the car is pointing his gun at the driver.

It was nice, old Polish suburb when we moved in and then the housing crash happened everything around us became a rental.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Stop by when the folks are home, inquire about buying a Oz.

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious, what part of libertarianism am I violating by not wanting my neighbor constantly having ghetto trash stopped in front of my house?

is he breaking your nose or picking your pocket?

he is participating in a black market for a product the government arbitrarily and unconstitutionally decided was illegal.

You really don't have much of any say over what someone else does on their own property.

I can certainly understand where you are coming from on this and to some extent empathize with you...

Dang. Now I know why almost everyone finds libertarians to be retarded.

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Because if the war on drugs goes away, the increased funding for it would go away, and you basically end up with the same limited funding for fighting those issues and nothing changes?
View Quote

My argument was that if those resources were directed towards violent crimes... That would include drug war funding. But even absent that you would still.have roughly the same local police force just not money for surveillance of teenagers selling dime bags....
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Put up some obvious surveillance cameras and a big sign that says "Smile, you're on camera!"
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Harris County bro. He could run over a nun while drunk driving at 7am and be home for lunch.
View Quote

Lol the law will do absolutely nothing if that's the case.

You need friends in low places to do things that shouldn't be spoken of.

In Minecraft.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Change drugs to guns. Would you have. A problem if he sold mags or ammo in front of your 2 year old?  Would you be cool with doing a FTF transaction a Karen getting a whole tac team deployed?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

have these ghetto kids actually done or said anything to you, or do you just not like blacks in your neighborhood?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There you go with a typical liberal mentality, projection. How racist are you that the first thing you think of when I say ghetto is to correlate that with black people?

You're racism is shining through. You should be ashamed of yourselfm
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Change drugs to guns. Would you have. A problem if he sold mags or ammo in front of your 2 year old?  Would you be cool with doing a FTF transaction a Karen getting a whole tac team deployed?
View Quote

Selling guns attract the same level of crime and violence as drugs?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Put up some obvious surveillance cameras and a big sign that says "Smile, you're on camera!"
View Quote

I have a robust security system that includes a video system with active edge analytics.

I've even set the cameras facing the street to illuminate their floods when they detect a car or a person in front of his house or my house.

They ignore it
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would this magazine or ammo business cater to ghetto kids driving shitbox cars at all hours of the day and night?

Or is your analogy just incredibly stupid and poorly thought out?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top