Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/24/2023 2:04:36 AM EDT
Just like the title asks.  I had a friend ask me this. I didn't have much insight.
    My answer was that I don't they can be stopped. Simple fact is bad people are going to do bad things.
What say  you?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:05:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Change the morality of the culture. But it’s too late for that now.

We have abandoned God and any sense of eternity, along with the possibility of eternal punishment. To postmodern society, it doesn't matter what you do because we are just stardust randomly bouncing off each other in a chaotic universe with no ultimate meaning or consequences in life, and to the extent we acknowledge morality it's subjectively up to everyone to decide what is best for themselves. God promised that if we humble ourselves and pray and seek His face and repent, he would heal our land, but I just don’t see that happening because we’ve rejected Him and decided that society is better with hedonism, nihilism, and science-worship.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:06:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:08:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Pull my shorts down and helicopter for peace.

There is no good answer because each situation is unique and freedom is scary.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I should have added that part. I'm not a Bible thumper. But we've taken God/morality out of every aspect of young people's lives. Then we are shocked that they grow up to be imoral.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:09:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Cultural change is about the only way, good luck with that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:09:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Decades of cultural subversion have eaten away at our society like cancer.  Even if you could reverse all that you'd still have the alphabet boys staging shootings to push for their fucking gun control.

About all you can do is encourage everyone to be armed to make the arrival time of the second gun as short as possible.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:11:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Ban social media and the MSM.

Read books. Get dirty. Make friends face to face. Form your own opinions.

Folks are confused because their lives don’t meet the expectations they’ve seen on TV, and they can’t appreciate the joys they have in their own lives.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:11:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I would put people that don’t want to defend themselves into cities. Let them do what ever they want to inside the limits.

Basically a big asylum for the people who are retarded.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:13:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Change culture, outlaw the media making them martyrs. Then they can go back to shooting themselves in their basement like before 1999.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:13:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Armed society is a polite society?
Idk I imagine if everyone was able and ready to shoot back wouldn't it make you think twice ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:15:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I should have added that part. I'm not a Bible thumper. But we've taken God/morality out of every aspect of young people's lives. Then we are shocked that they grow up to be imoral.
View Quote

Quoted:
Ban social media and the MSM.

Read books. Get dirty. Make friends face to face. Form your own opinions.

Folks are confused because their lives don’t meet the expectations they’ve seen on TV, and they can’t appreciate the joys they have in their own lives.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:15:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Its a combination of moral, social, cultural, economic and political subversion and destruction.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:17:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I was going to say we need a more-or-less homogenous culture. Mass shootings are a symptom of cultural decadence and also a sign of the times, as I believe our addiction to technology plays a large part in why the way we think and relate to the world around us has changed so drastically and regressed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:17:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is a Bible thumper anyways?

In my opinion, if we all led our lives according to what Jesus said, the world would be a much better place.

If that makes me a Bible thumper, I'm ok with that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Set the price of ammunition @ $17,000.00 per round ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:18:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Its a combination of moral, social, cultural, economic and political subversion and destruction.

View Quote

Which means it will only get worse.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:19:09 AM EDT
[#17]
The system is designed to take young boys and break them. Turning the majority of them into weak, depressed, broken, emotional reactive women with penises. Who occasionally shoot up the place in a fit of rage. Which plays fantastically into media and politicians screaming for more laws.

To change that would require a fundamental realignment of our value system as a nation. While putting pharmaceutical companies, single mothers, government drones, “edukators”, and other leeches in their place. Also breaking the back of public schools and allowing school choice.

There would be a civil war before that EVER comes close to happening.

Because the system is doing exactly what it is designed to do.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:19:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Just disband the FBI.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:19:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Hang perpetrators european style when taken alive.

End immigration from 3rd world countries.

Repeal the 19th amendment.

Drug test for food stamps.

Ban mumble rap.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:22:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What is a Bible thumper anyways?

In my opinion, if we all led our lives according to what Jesus said, the world would be a much better place.

If that makes me a Bible thumper, I'm ok with that.
View Quote

Well, that’s bible thumper.

You can live a just life without Jesus, and the principles that were put forth in biblical works can also be found in philosophical writings.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:22:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Comprehensive background checks. Virtually all of these shooters have a history of domestic violence. But often they weren't arrested. And if they were, the prosecutor offers a plea to a lesser charge that's not prohibited.

And on the plus side when background checks are ironclad, there is no reason to restrict what's for sale.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:23:18 AM EDT
[#22]
The real kicker is that, considering the amount of guns in private hands in this country, along with all the ammo, and the homebuilt firearms avenue that has flourished in incalculable ways the last 10 years, the potential energy for violence is FUCKING MASSIVE. All things considered one would think these events would happen multiple times every day (lone wolf active shooters that is). But they dont.

But yes, the question remains: why does our culture produce so many mass killers? If it isnt guns it will be something else.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:24:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Seems to me about 99% of this is caused by liberals and their everyone is special stupidity..Anything left is caused by their destruction of anything moral or of character such as boy/girl, marriage/baby momma, living up to societies morals.....Seems a really close watch of liberals, along with a complete correction of their morals would do much over time to solve these issues...
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:26:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well, that’s bible thumper.

You can live a just life without Jesus, and the principles that were put forth in biblical works can also be found in philosophical writings.

View Quote

Agreed. I feel like many non-christians would be labeled as Bible thumpers by some. Weird.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:28:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hang perpetrators european style when taken alive.

End immigration from 3rd world countries.

Repeal the 19th amendment.

Drug test for food stamps.

Ban mumble rap.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:30:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The real kicker is that, considering the amount of guns in private hands in this country, along with all the ammo, and the homebuilt firearms avenue that has flourished in incalculable ways the last 10 years, the potential energy for violence is FUCKING MASSIVE. All things considered one would think these events would happen multiple times every day (lone wolf active shooters that is). But they dont.

But yes, the question remains: why does our culture produce so many mass killers? If it isnt guns it will be something else.
View Quote

It’s only going to get worse.
The most relevant side effect of the equal rights movement is that most females in financially stable countries would rather share the 5% of males that are Alphas than burden themselves with betas, etc unless these simps are proper atm worthy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:31:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, you're wrong.  Bath School Massacre was in 1927.  Texas Tower Sniper was in 1966.  Evil has always been a part of the human condition.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:40:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I wouldn't, it can't be done.
and even in a magical world with no guns, there's be mass machete attacks, and if there were also magically no blades, there'd just be more bombings.
if there were also no explosives and accelerants, some asshole would go around bashing heads in with a baseball bat... etc. etc.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:41:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Freedom is scary. The best you can hope for is someone with the fortitude to stand up, and fight back. Hopefully, they have a gun also.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Reopen mental institutions

End the WOD

End the welfare state

Stop revolving door legal system

Get rid of gun control

Get ride of gun free zones

Secure the border

Deport illegals

Legalize prostitution

Return prayer in schools

Put trannies, gays, furries and other deviants back into the closet

Promote STEM and trades more heavily

Promote the nuclear family

End women's suffrage

And so on

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:58:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Decriminalize shooting one person at a time
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:04:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

End the WOD

End the welfare state

Get rid of gun control

Secure the border

Deport illegals

Legalize prostitution

Return prayer in schools

End women's suffrage

And so on

View Quote

Best answer so far.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:05:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Introduce a ban on people being closer than 50 yards from one another outdoors and 25 yards indoors.   Yeah...that should do it.

How about we start by addressing background checks where juvenile records are included?  Seems to me a lot of the perps had a storied history of run ins with the law and other issues.  Perhaps include some elements from that.

Bring bank mental institutions and increase funding for mental health issues.   Also, streamline the process for admitting a person, as well as treating them.  You'd have to address the due process portion of things as well so that it's expedited, but you would also have to addresses issues where so called Red Flags are in fact bogus, so that those fake Red Flag reporters are held just as liable.  Not sure how to do all that.

Stop the round the clock reporting on them, and/or change what is reported.  Seems the MSM likes to sensationalize them and that tends to encourage copy cats.

Bring back public executions for serious, heinous crimes.  Perhaps seeing some shitbirds strung up now and then would make one rethink their poor choices.   While you're at it, lop off a hand of a thief, the penis of a rapist, and perhaps some other things along those lines and you might slow things down a bit.

I'm sure there's a bunch of other stuff one could do, like I don't know...shoot back maybe, or perhaps torture any mass shooting pricks if caught alive, but there is no single one best answer.

In the end, freedom can be scary, perhaps its the price we pay.  Don't really know, it's a multi-faceted problem at this point in time.

Perhaps there is some merit in a once a year Purge type event.  No rules, no holds barred, just let society have a 24 hour period once a year to take out the trash I guess.   Maybe that all would work...hypothetically speaking of course.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:06:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Comprehensive background checks. Virtually all of these shooters have a history of domestic violence. But often they weren't arrested. And if they were, the prosecutor offers a plea to a lesser charge that's not prohibited.

And on the plus side when background checks are ironclad, there is no reason to restrict what's for sale.
View Quote
Join date and all that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:14:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:18:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Shoot back?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:26:50 AM EDT
[#37]
If you can figure out how to solve the suicide problem, you can solve a significant portion of mass shootings. People are unhappy. They want other people to be unhappy too.

Furthermore, most "mass shootings" are either A) domestic violence, or B) drug, gang, or related to another type of organized crime.

Quoted:

View Quote

According to a peer reviewed study found here, only 9.1% of the "random" mass shooting perpetrators had a history of domestic violence, even though ~68% of mass shootings were domestic violence regardless of history. There is a clear connection, but not one that background checks alone will solve.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:27:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Time travel
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:29:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Shoot back. What else can you do?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:31:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trial & sentence within 3 months max, no exceptions. Bring back & apply the death penalty. Crime has a free reign because we don't say no any more.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:31:51 AM EDT
[#41]
All adults carry guns and bring back god.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:34:40 AM EDT
[#42]
First off People have to go after a shooter and stop them as soon as possible.
As soon as the shooter is known stop all mention of their name from coming out
If the shooter dies at the scene, then their body is taken and buried in a unmarked grave.
If a trial is needed when convicted the shooter disappears in the penal system to never be heard from again.  When they die buried in a unmarked grave.

By eliminating  their 15 minutes in the news there would be less copy cat shootings.

Screw the background checks criminals don't care about the law.    Remember The right of the people to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed.
Most of all carry always.   I know open carry is not favored here, but the more guns visible the less attractive a location is for a shooting.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:36:08 AM EDT
[#43]
No easy answer

It's clearly a product of what we have. There are more of them when the average bumps up in emotional energy/craziness. The tail ends of the distribution, the people right on the edge, go buck wild.

Perhaps may be interesting to some. She's not right about everything, but I think she does a very good job
sussing out the root
https://contra.substack.com/p/mass-shootings-and-the-world-liberalism
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:37:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Isolation + disturbed people
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:42:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Did you intend to ask about how to PREVENT or do you mean "stop", as your question asks?

There are two ways to stop a mass shooting.

1.  Shoot the motherfucker right between the eyes!

Unfortunately, these things ALWAYS happen where the people have been disarmed.

2.  Attack the bastard.

It is after all a "mass shooting" so, there are lots of people around.  ATTACK!
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:42:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

End the WOD

End the welfare state

Get rid of gun control

Secure the border

Deport illegals

Legalize prostitution

Return prayer in schools

End women's suffrage

And so on

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:49:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Join date and all that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Join date and all that.

Don't feed that troll.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:56:44 AM EDT
[#48]
You don’t, when you have 300 million people in the US there are gonna be screws that are loose and life loses face value.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 4:12:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Join date and all that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Join date and all that.

People like him offer nothing.

Not because it's gun control, but because they put their faith in thescience™, the right tweaking of the policy dial.
"That can fix everything!" they cry. Just the right policy, that's all. But you look at the results and most of their prescriptions coming into contact with human nature fucking suck. They seem to be plum out of ideas these days, and settle for muh harm reduction. They fuck things up and talk about best practices, STUDIES SAY.

Almost uniformly it's fake and gay. The lib mind is a small one, with high, barbed fences. It wasn't always that way, but now, I don't know how anyone doesn't laugh at the "experts say it resulted in a 2.3% reduction in social discord" or whatever headlines. Throw money and technology at it, that will fix it

Eta: the cherry on top, or the shill line at the end "no more gun control guize!"
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 4:14:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Make mass shootings illegal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top