Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2017 11:35:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance]
Ever since ARFCOM changed its site format, Google Photos users have been having issues with posting embedded pictures. Although my process involves more steps, it should allow Google Photos users to continue posting to the site without having to move all of their media to sites such as Imgur and Flickr. Hope this helps!

- Make sure pictures are in a Shared album. Go to your album > Sharing options and make any necessary changes.

- Select a picture in your shared album, right-click the image and select Open image in new tab.

- On the new tab, copy the URL

- Go to https://goo.gl/ and paste the URL in the Your original URL here field. Next, select the Shorten URL button.

- In the pop-up that appears, select the "copy" icon to the right of the shortened URL.

- In the Post Editor of AR15.com select the Insert Image icon.

- Paste the shortened URL you copied from https://goo.gl/ and select Save.

- The code on AR15.com should look like this if you followed the above steps correctly.

- Here is the end result!

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Or...

1) Download photos into temporary folder on your device
2) Upload photos using the buttons at the bottom of the Post Editor
3) Erase from temp file

It's even easier on an Android phone, because you can upload stuff in your Google Drive as if it was on a local folder.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:45:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Or...

1) Download photos into temporary folder on your device
2) Upload photos using the buttons at the bottom of the Post Editor
3) Erase from temp file

It's even easier on an Android phone, because you can upload stuff in your Google Drive as if it was on a local folder.
View Quote
That does not work very well with newer smart devices. My phone's pics are typically between 7.5 and 9.5 MB in size. ARFCOM has a 3 MB upload size limit.

EDIT:

But if you can explain an easier way to do it with larger sized photos, I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PFran42:

That does not work very well with newer smart devices. My phone's pics are typically between 7.5 and 9.5 MB in size. ARFCOM has a 3 MB upload size limit.

EDIT:

But if you can explain an easier way to do it with larger sized photos, I'm all ears.
View Quote
Easier?  Maybe.  I open the picture in Snapseed, which has a feature which automatically resizes when you save/export.  BUT, that option isn't available if you select "Open with Snapseed" from the Gallery or Google Photos.  So I'm considering trying another app.

I think I may mosey over to the Google Photos forum and look for a feature request - "Save a smaller copy"
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:26:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Phil_in_Seattle] [#4]
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 6:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpecProg] [#5]
Followed all the steps & it doesn't work.
Preview shows nothing, submit shows nothing.
Long url shows only in Preview.
File is only 213kB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top