Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2021 10:52:39 PM EDT
Any tricks for getting rid of this stuff? I have it starting in one ear, it's annoying and ugly. I've been draining it with a syringe but it comes back after another weak hit or choke escape.

Just get hit on the other side too so it's symmetrical?
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Surgery after it hardens.  Then surgery when it comes back. Then surgery when it comes back.

Then you give up bc you realize that women flick their bean thinking about your tough guy ears.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Drain it and wear headgear.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to an ENT.  ENT.  I am the type who generally is disgusted by doctors.  My ears are fucked and I regret it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 5:39:32 AM EDT
[#4]
If it is still soft, drain it and get some pressure on it. Like a close pin with a little pad on the end. Or see an ear doc but make sure you see how they do the procedure. I have had many kids go and some guys are hacks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surgery after it hardens.  Then surgery when it comes back. Then surgery when it comes back.

Then you give up bc you realize that women flick their bean thinking about your tough guy ears.
View Quote

Naw, I don't think they find guys with holes where their ears should be particularly attractive.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Naw, I don't think they find guys with holes where their ears should be particularly attractive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm, i think you're in the wrong thread.  Cauliflower ear isn't holes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever notice Randy Couture's ears.
Lots of the mma guys (especially those from wrestling backgrounds) have so much cartilage damage that they have practically no lobes left .... just holes
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the answer. In my last clinic, I saw lots of high school athletes, including wrestlers. When I'd ask them why they didn't wear their headgear, they said, "Oh, I usually wear it. We were just practicing." This usually resulted in a Tommy Lee Jones eyeroll from me.

While the fluid in the ear is still liquid, get it drained. Then you have to compress the ear to keep the pocket from refilling with fluid. There's a few ways to do it. The best way is with some padding on both sides of the ear. Something like this:

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Edit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

you asshole that was going to be my answer!
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#11]
A.  Wear headgear whenever possible, not just occasionally.

B. Drain the fluid and keep good pressure on it.  It will turn out to look most natural if you put pressure on it with something shaped like the area of the ear you are treating.  It needs to be firm against the ear or else it won't look "narural". It will be sort of close.  They make magnets for cauliflower ear, and I know some people who bought them, but they wore them about like they wore their headgear.  In other words, they didn't wear them consistently and they didn't work as advertised.  

They used to wrap your head and make you sit out for a period of time, and I think that worked ok.  There are lots more options now, but if you just use them halfway, they don't have much benefit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Nothing says "Don't fuck with me" like cauliflower ears.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top