Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/12/2021 11:52:43 AM EST
It is on the list of apps in Google play but it is still in my apps.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:57:15 AM EST
You can’t remove that. That’s merely for Google’s convenience in selling the app. That’s their store.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:57:48 AM EST
Is the actual app still on your phone? Just hold and drag to the top to uninstall like any other app.

Are you looking at Google Play on your phone? There's a heading that shows all the apps that you've ever installed. It will still show on that list, even if uninstalled from the local machine.

Or is there something else going on?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:39:55 PM EST
It didn't show up on my list of apps but holding and dragging it seems to have worked. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:35:32 PM EST
No worries.

FWIW, I use an Android app called "Metal" that is a wrapper for Facebook and Twitter. It tells Twitter and Facebook that you're using a desktop browser, but then wraps or formats everything for mobile viewing. That way, I don't have any Twitter or FB native apps on the phone, since I don't trust them at all. It tells FB that you're on desktop, so you can use FB messenger from within the app. If you try that with the FB app, you can't do it and get redirected to download FB messenger, which I trust even less.

I like it enough that I paid for the Metal Pro version, which is a few bucks on Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nam.fbwrapper.pro
Top Top