Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2022 10:09:21 PM EDT
Just curious what you guys think it should cost to do a living trust. I don't quite own my house out right yet, but close. I have a couple cars that are in my name. Your normal stuff. It seems like the cost varies. I wanted to see if I could get some ideas as I don't wanna pay too much. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
A paralegal will suffice. $200 is plenty.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Legal Zoom. It will likely cost you more to file it with your county.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
It depends on the complexity of the trust, how many deeds, and whether the lawyer is affecting all the account transfers.

Legal zoom, rocket lawyer, etc., can spit out a form, but there is wisdom in having a planner do a deep dive into your situation, with an eye towards taxes, liability, etc.

$2K - $2.5K is typical, and includes the trust, pour over will, durable power of attorney, living will, health care surrogate document and disposition of remains.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top