Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
My sister took 18 years to finally get a BA.

Luckily the school did not have provisions that made
credits 'expire' after a set period.
VPI was around 8 years when I was there.

I met a few guys that got their degrees "thank laude"
after having to retake a few classes.

"Freshman Engineering" was facetiously referred to as "pre business."
Only one third of a Freshman Engineering class would graduate in four
years with an Engineering degree.
Probably 1/3rd needed five years, and
the other 1/3rd switched to another degree (like business) and often took 5+ years.

There is not a lot of overlap between Sophomore Engineering classes and Business degrees.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
32 hours if Art. I had a ton of 'dual credit' from high school. Changed from a 'GraphIc Arts' major to 'Education' after learning I'd have to move to LA or NYC for a job, ca. 1980.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe 12-15 hours.  Mostly stuff specific to the pre-pharmacy curriculum of the schools I was planning to apply to.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]
120 Hours toward a BS in Chem. No degree. Retired at fifty. NFG. I'm soooooooo glad I started a business. 68 now. My days consist of doing whatever I want whenever I want.  Knocked out an hour on the ZT this morning and now I'm about to throw four chicken quarters on the grill and then my daily swim. 1.5" groups at 500 and hitting a grapefruit at 1000 is a regular occurrence. Wife is a few years younger and still as wild as when I met her. Boxerdog lays by my feet or in bed with the Wife all day watching a movie. We travel at will and never look back. I will say that the course work and the mastery thereof is the key to success. I look around in WalMart and wonder how many made an A in PChem.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top