Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mayweather qould make short work of anyone that doesnt train to box. After the first round average GDer would be huffing and puffing

So 2 rounds
View Quote

Someone who has a good takedown and ground game has a chance.
Standing....no way.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a conversation with Hector "Macho" Camacho about that when I arrested him and was driving him in.  I was shocked how small he was.  I told him I was glad he didn't decided to start punching.  He said, "You're pretty big (I'm 6'3"), I imagine you could hold your own with me in a fight, but a heavyweight would cream you."

I felt bad for him, because he really was a nice guy.  I read he got shot to death a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had a conversation with Hector "Macho" Camacho about that when I arrested him and was driving him in.  I was shocked how small he was.  I told him I was glad he didn't decided to start punching.  He said, "You're pretty big (I'm 6'3"), I imagine you could hold your own with me in a fight, but a heavyweight would cream you."

I felt bad for him, because he really was a nice guy.  I read he got shot to death a couple of years ago.
View Quote

Literally a cool story bro, but he was probably just being polite.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Standing....no way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mayweather qould make short work of anyone that doesnt train to box. After the first round average GDer would be huffing and puffing

So 2 rounds

Standing....no way.

Anyone here who is over 200lbs and 6' that is a brown belt is going to submit him shortly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
That's mostly up to Mayweather...mostly. It might be game over ,man! right quick. Or if he want's to spar around a bit, let a newb get some practice, maybe a whole few rounds.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
None.  None rounds.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
He'd dismantle most anyone here, quickly. Probably less than a round.

Boxed in HS and college, and did a few bouts with some olympic quality featherweights just training. Pretty eye-opening, and my competition wasn't as good as he is. Don't think for a second you're going to land anything against him, unless you're very experienced and very fast.

Ain't happening.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Less than one.

Your average GD poster has Monster in their blood, and is more alpha than 10 silver back gorillas. They'd throw a punch in the first 20 seconds of the opening bell.

And Mayweather is a defensive boxer, so he wants you to do that. He'll counter and put them to sleep before the minute mark.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a cool story. Hector was taller than Pacquiao too.

I sat a couple seats away from the punt returner for I think it was the Jets a few years ago. When he got up and slid past me I was shocked how much I towered over him.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I like to think I'd block at least a few punches before he fully caved my chest or gelatinous stomach in.

I need more a lot more cardio, speed, training, practice, skill, luck and toughness and maybe a miracle to make it to the 2nd round.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#11]
An amateur boxer of most any size would waste 99% of the keystrokers here or elsewhere lol.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

No doubt in a straight boxing match, he'd punch and point me to death.  We arrested a local heavyweight one day who resisted and it took four of us hitting him with radios to get the cuffs on him.   But, we got the cuffs on him.  If we stood and let him punch us, no doubt all four of us would been TKO's or KO's.

The other interesting thing was hearing that Camacho was broke.  I asked him how much he had earned in his career, and he said, "They tell me it was $220 million.  But, I never saw that much."
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#13]
none...zero...... none
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I wouldn't last long, despite the fact that I am 5'11" and would be around 230 pounds with proper training.

The reason I know this is a friend's son is an amateur lightweight MMA fighter and he challenged me to connect with a punch to his head, knowing that if I connected, it would probably mean lights out for him.  I couldn't punch his head no matter how hard I tried because he was just too fast for me.  I would think a trained boxer would be even harder to punch in the head and every body shot that I throw would probably mean a head shot that I would eat...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Two rounds and then I'd get tired and he'd catch me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Depends on the round.  Boxing ring distance, I'd prefer 00.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No doubt in a straight boxing match, he'd punch and point me to death.  We arrested a local heavyweight one day who resisted and it took four of us hitting him with radios to get the cuffs on him.   But, we got the cuffs on him.  If we stood and let him punch us, no doubt all four of us would been TKO's or KO's.

The other interesting thing was hearing that Camacho was broke.  I asked him how much he had earned in his career, and he said, "They tell me it was $220 million.  But, I never saw that much."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Depends on how fast he wanted to end the fight.

Not a person on this board that could last in a straight up boxing match.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Back in 1984, I saw welterweight Shawn O' Sullivan train. Shawn was a contender and you would never believe how fast he was.  He was shadow boxing about ten feet from me and without exaggeration he would have been able to hit me 15 or 20 times before I could even blink.

Now Mayweather is a different story. He is probably twice as fast as Shawn O' Sullivan ever was. Mayweather could defeat anyone here with extreme ease.  It would only take a second or two.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#21]
There isn't a single GD poster who would land one punch on him and make it past the first combo thrown by Mayweather.

Reminds me of the threads where we have GD guys who think they could hit a 100MPH fastball.  Not talking foul one off, or pop it up...a legit well hit line drive.   LOL.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That blonde is massive.
View Quote

4-inch heels on an Amazon will give that impression.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd rather see how many minutes i could last with Sharapova!
Both would be quick, but Sharapova might be less painful.
View Quote

I would bleed less on her than on Floyd.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Big fat guys wouldn't stand up and box these tiny guys, you'd have no advantage whatsoever. You'd have to wrap them up and ground and pound to use your weight and size advantage.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
These lightweight and featherweight champions are much quicker and have better endurance than GD. But your average GDer probably has 6 inches and 70 pounds on these guys.

Here is Floyd Mayweather standing next to Maria Sharapova

https://i.imgur.com/kfIdzvU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KPvoakX.jpg

Look how short Manny Pacquiao's arms are

https://i.imgur.com/INKwOiM.jpg

Would your average GDer be able to hang around for a few rounds against them by virtue of superior reach, height and weight?
View Quote

No. Hand speed, punch accuracy and quick feet are real things.

In a bar room brawl, you’d have a chance where you can fight dirty and neutralize his quickness to some extent.. In an open ring with boxing rules? No chance unless you’re not only much bigger but of above average skill as well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Meh three rounds and a Mozambique Drill if the first 3 do not work.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Boxing he wins.
MMA where he can be taken down he loses , the same as most boxers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No. Hand speed, punch accuracy and quick feet are real things.

In a bar room brawl, you’d have a chance where you can fight dirty and neutralize his quickness to some extent.. In an open ring with boxing rules? No chance unless you’re not only much bigger but of above average skill as well.
View Quote

Yeah, the way to do do it would be to wrap them up and turn it into grappling.  In a ring, yeah, under boxing rules, you'd get peppered, even with a significant reach advantage.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#29]
If you have to ask, you don’t understand how good a professional fighter is. My guess is 20 seconds for most people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I remember years ago Spike TV had that show Pros vs Joes. Arturo Gatti was the guy that Joes had to step in the ring with. Gatti was 5' 7" and about 150lbs. If I recall correctly he made shirt work of your average Joe. After a body shot or two you'd be finished.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I think that I could run long enough to last an hour.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#32]
If I'm going to piss myself out of fear, I might as well piss in his face.  Might buy me a little time.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#34]
How many rounds?

What caliber?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#35]
He would destroy me, even at my best in any boxing or other standup fight.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#36]
The difference between a professional boxers punch and even a talented amateur is incomparable.

No one in GD would land a meaningful hit. No one in GD would last a single jab from the guy.

It'd be like beating an F1 driver around a track or a NBA player in at basketball. No matter how good you think you are you just aren't playing the same game.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Two....
Punches

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I would be surprised if I could even take one punch from Mayweather, so it would be a matter if how long it takes him to connect.  My guess is 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#39]
I would fight either one of them bare handed for the money they make as long as they didn’t kill or turn my brain into Biden mush.

Recover in the hospital for a month and live like a kang.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#40]
It's pretty funny that some of you think you have a chance if you could take him to the ground. Your slow asses couldn't even get him to the ground let alone keeping him there for more that 2 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Are we talking about fighting him or out drinking him.  I think I can hold my own in at least one of those categories.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I remember years ago Spike TV had that show Pros vs Joes. Arturo Gatti was the guy that Joes had to step in the ring with. Gatti was 5' 7" and about 150lbs. If I recall correctly he made shirt work of your average Joe. After a body shot or two you'd be finished.
View Quote

This...

The body shots would make quick work of pretty much anyone.

Most people aren't prepared to take body shots that other pro fighters don't even acknowledge.

A good liver, kidney or shot to the solar plexus on an untrained fighters.... It's over...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So 2 rounds
View Quote

You give us too much credit.

Mayweather was the world’s best at something. If he can reach your head, he’s going to take you down in round 1 by a TKO at least. And you might never come close to landing a punch on him during that time.

The only way you’re getting out of round 1 is if you’re tall enough and mobile enough (which certainly isn’t “average” ) and you’re trying to avoid a KO at all costs.

People underestimate how hard it is to make a solid connection on these guys with their world class skill and athleticism. And the same with how much contact they can absorb, and how hard it is to keep them from connecting on you. If you aren’t an above average athlete combined with a fair amount of training, your longer reach isn’t doing ANYTHING to slow him down.

FM wasn’t stupid when he faced other world class opponents. But he’d see us for the toothless prey we are. When that first bell rings, we’re just a fleshy speed bump in between him and those ring girl BJ’s he’s already got lined up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I would much prefer a spelling contest.

A better question would be "how many punches could average arfcommer land on Floyd".
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#45]
You're kidding, right?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Zero rounds.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd last until he hit me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Depends how fast one could stick a solid groin strike in. Could be a one round fight.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Can I jump in the ring with the Sharipova instead?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#50]
5.56?
7.62?
Those rounds, quite a few.
In a fairish fight? Zero.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top