Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2022 10:08:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Our stuff is split into two accounts. One is full service and the other is a "mirror" account with no fees. It cuts my costs in half AND I still get all the benefits of a full service account. I got out of the market in April but have been inching back into pipeline stocks for a couple of weeks now. Hard to turn down 6-8% tax free in this environment.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I actively manage our seven stock accounts. Most are with a bank that completes trades at my request for a very small fee and provides me information when I request it. And one account is with Schwab that has no fees.

I have been managing our stock accounts for 10+ years now.

Should I be unable to manage the accounts, I would guess the Schwab account would be moved to the bank and they would take over management of all of them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#4]
By actively managed, if you mean adding to diversified mutual funds and etfs on a regular basis and strategically adding to individual "dividend champions" when they decline, then yes....
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Not only do I manage my accounts but I handle the entire family business investment accounts.

So far I have not made any serious moves. I'm letting everything ride as is. Sure we took some losses but they are only on paper. Nice income stream remains steady but is losing buying power to inflation. I'm comfortable with the mix of growth, dividends and bond interest right now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I am new to this. Fidelity is telling me about $5620 a year to manage a million dollars in a retirement account for me. The fee range seems to be 0.20-1.04%. He said he figured .97% a quarter.

Is this high?
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am new to this. Fidelity is telling me about $5620 a year to manage a million dollars in a retirement account for me. The fee range seems to be 0.20-1.04%. He said he figured .97% a quarter.

Is this high?
View Quote

I believe Vanguard will charge you 30 basis points or .003 x 1,000,000 ($3000.00/year) So yes, $5620 is higher than you would have to pay.  You would still have the fees charged by the unlaying funds to contend with.  Here is a link to their page which discusses their service...  Vanguard Personal Investor Service

Good luck in your journey!
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Manage cash account and wife rollover from previous employer. Her current retirement savings go into cash brokerage account.

Still funding my 401k thru employer for match. Prob reduce contributions soon and add to cash brokerage account.  

I been trading stonks since I was 16 for fun and knowledge.  Confident enough now to run the show on my own.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I believe Vanguard will charge you 30 basis points or .003 x 1,000,000 ($3000.00/year) So yes, $5620 is higher than you would have to pay.  You would still have the fees charged by the unlaying funds to contend with.  Here is a link to their page which discusses their service...  Vanguard Personal Investor Service

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this high?

Thanks, I called and they confirmed what you said so I set up a meeting.

Schwab will do it for a one-time $300 fee and $30 a month. I will meet with them also before I meet again with Fidelity.

I like that Fidelity and Schwab both have locations near me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#11]
i do, i have never had a financial advisor
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Is this high?
View Quote

ridiculously high
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I do, never had an advisor.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top