Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/18/2018 4:52:25 PM EDT
With the new policy regarding ruling on accessories combined with the bump stock ban.

I don't think anyone can seriously argue that arm braces aren't just exploiting a loophole in the wording of definitions.

Bump stocks similarly exploited a loop hole.

None of it should be prohibited because the NFA is unconstitutional, however this to me seems like a case of playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.

For years you have a bunch of people showing how they basically have found a way around a prohibited item and rubbed it in the govt face.

Same thing is happening with braces.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO the banners have a friend in the whitehouse and they'll use it.  So, weeks for braces and binary triggers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
How about not giving them ideas

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The ADA lobby is too strong.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This, if they will bat for braces then they will never go away.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.  Ads of how disable veterans can't go shooting because of a new ruling is a losing topic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
you may as well just start going down the list then...

How long before a new ruling on __________ Phil N De'blanc
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Depends on how quickly some asshole uses one in a highly publicized shooting.....rate of fire not affected so not necessarily direct comparison. Binary triggers however
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
you may as well just start going down the list then...

How long before a new ruling on __________ Phil N De'blanc
View Quote
All the "evil" features. Bayonet lug, VFG's, collapsible stocks. Clipazines the hold more than 8.7 bullets. Pepper yourself gentlemen we are about to enter the Loony Toons cycle.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#9]
If they can ban bump stocks like this then braces are the least of our concerns. They can pick anything they don’t like and do away with it at this point if this stands.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Depends on how quickly some asshole uses one in a highly publicized shooting.....rate of fire not affected so not necessarily direct comparison. Binary triggers however
View Quote
Oh they wont label it that

They'll label it a super small, covert, armor piercing death device

"these things go through bulletproof vests!" "the children!" "our LEOs aren't safe!"
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#11]
what brace?

Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And why the hell would they do that?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't think braces are even on Trump's radar. He probably doesn't know they exist or what they are.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Why would someone in Mexico care?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Do some of you guys not remember what the purpose of the bump stock was supposed to be?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't think braces are even on Trump's radar. He probably doesn't know they exist or what they are.
View Quote
They don't need to be on his radar.  He's proven he doesn't know anything about guns and he's proven he will work towards banning accessories.  And, he's proven he's not going to defend due process, so what's the process of making laws going to matter?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do some of you guys not remember what the purpose of the bump stock was supposed to be?
View Quote
So you can more accurately bump fire

You can still bump fire without them
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#18]
1.  STFU, op.

2.  see 1.

3.  as soon as some asshole uses one to fuck shit up for everyone else.

4.  see 3, again.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
Really?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#20]
My personal opinion is that braces aren't really on the radar of many people outside of the BATFE, so short of them becoming super high profile (like the bumpstock after the Vegas shooting), I don't see them going anywhere for the time being.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just like Bump Stocks prior to Oct 1 2017
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Braces and binary triggers will be on the menu as soon as the new CONgress is sworn in.
The swamp is angry, and they're drooling to do the bidding of their globalist masters.
But by all means, keep telling yourselves elections make a difference & your vote counts.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
With the new policy regarding ruling on accessories combined with the bump stock ban.

I don't think anyone can seriously argue that arm braces aren't just exploiting a loophole in the wording of definitions.

None of it should be prohibited because the NFA is unconstitutional, however this to me seems like a case of playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.

For years you have a bunch of people showing how they basically have found a way around a prohibited item and rubbed it in the govt face.

Thoughts?
View Quote
Might as well get rid of your guns since it's only a matter of time until they ban them.

Play stupid games...
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#24]
how do they know who has a bumpstock, brace, or a nerf gun??

Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Might as well get rid of your guns since it's only a matter of time until they ban them.

Play stupid games...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

Play stupid games...
He lives in Mexico.   Not sure why he even made this thread?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If they can ban bump stocks like this then braces are the least of our concerns. They can pick anything they don’t like and do away with it at this point if this stands.
View Quote
Exactly. Let someone use a stamped NFA item in a shooting and lookout.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#27]
How many SBRs does OP own?

I've never understood why so many have such issues with something that gives gun owners more freedom.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#28]
If there is a highly publicized shooting where a braced pistol is snuck in somewhere then I think we can say goodbye to braces.  Unless that happens then I doubt anyone cares enough to ban them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Ask the NRA.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
Some nutbag that sees one on the wall at a gun shop will do it.

Or when they find out about binary triggers
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#31]
They can pretty much use the exact same reasoning for binary triggers, and likely will at some point.  I think braces are a little different, while it would not be hard to ban, they do have a more legit use.  Reading the entire rule, it's pretty legit and would be relatively hard to overturn.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#32]
It sets bad precedent, but I think the bump stock ban will be a one time event, at least under Republicans.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Trump will probably push for a new AWB once the next big shooting happens.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How many SBRs does OP own?

I've never understood why so many have such issues with something that gives gun owners more freedom.
View Quote
1 SBR, a few mgs, a lot of cans

Zero bump stocks or braces. @fla556guy
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#35]
The next "shooting" will probably be an AR pistol. It'll probably be one of those $259 kits and people will ask "how are they selling these death machines so cheap?" And "they're so small you can hide them in a backpack!"
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll bite I take it ADA is not American Dental Assn?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#37]
No private sales, and UBC will be next.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#38]
This shit again.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
You think Trump knew what the fuck a bumpstock was prior to Vegas?

One high body count shooting with a brace, sorry, "a device which lets the user circumvent the lawful 1934 ban on short rifles and allows them to more easily conceal their murder machines" and he'll roll over like a fat seal in front of a fish bucket.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Trump Jr. is an avid shooter and 2nd amendment supporter.  I say that but then again he might just be "The rich people should have guns" supporter.  I follow him on instagram and he seems to be raising his kids right and hunting with them often and shooting guns. I find it hard to believe he doesn't have more pull with his dad.

I'm pissed about the infringement and the fact the gov't just keeps fucking taking but lets be honest, the bump stock is fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ask the NRA.
View Quote
GOA to the bone. GOA has the balls to fight the tuff fight IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Since we have braces, the .gov needs to either take SBR's out of the NFA or speed pass that stuff with a $200 online pay and click tax stamp.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#43]
It depends on “the Spirit” of all the prior ATF rulings.

Expect “The Donald” to endorse anything.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

1 SBR, a few mgs, a lot of cans

Zero bump stocks or braces. @fla556guy
View Quote
So you and the NFA have made joinder....
@Kolat
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
IMO the banners have a friend in the whitehouse and they'll use it.  So, weeks for braces and binary triggers.
View Quote
If we get any bans like braces, binary triggers, (so called) Assault Weapon Ban, or anything else of that nature and Trump or his people have anything to do with it I am done with him.  I will not vote for him ever again.  I will not support him.  If the NRA supports anything like that they go on the same forever may they go fuck themselves list w/ no chance of coming off.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
We don't need to the D.U. pro-trump plants and their nra handlers do that for 'us'.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'll bite I take it ADA is not American Dental Assn?
View Quote
Lisa NEEDS them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I expect a statement from the NRA any day how.......

Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of pistol braces, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law.  The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic pistols to function like semi automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#49]
My guess is some dirtbag  will use a suppressor in the near future. Think of the outrage.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#50]
The one advantage we have with braces is that, near as I can tell, they are far more popular than bump stocks.  That means more political risk with a ban.  And for those who are sure to say that the politicians won't care, ask yourself why handgun bans haven't met with much success despite the fact that everyone knows they are the favored firearms of criminals.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top