Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2018 10:56:15 PM EDT
I have one that I've stored in a good garment bag with some cedar blocks and no problems so far.  Anyone have any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I keep mine at the tux rental place. Works out well since I haven't needed it in the past 32 years.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't own one since the two times I wore one where over 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I've done the rental route but with 6 weddings in a 2 year span it made sense to buy one.  No fittings, pick up and drop offs and I'll get a couple more chances to wear it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t own a tux but I store less frequently worn dress clothes like suits in hanging garment bags. No cedar other than the cedar hangers they are on.

Seems to me like your storage is just fine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 9:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]
FPNI

#metoo
lol
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#6]
No garment bag
I just hang mine in closets with my other suit stuff.

I am worried it will get to much of a funk, smell in the garment bag, I want it out so it can breath.

As for the rest of yall....
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No garment bag
I just hang mine in closets with my other suit stuff.

I am worried it will get to much of a funk, smell in the garment bag, I want it out so it can breath.

As for the rest of yall....
http://thumbpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/funny-30-Rock-Jack-Donaghy-tux1.jpg
View Quote
I'd be worried about clothes moth larvae eating holes in my tuxedo.  Obviously no wants a funky smelling tuxedo, but you can avoid that by hanging it overnight so it dries out completely and then storing it in the garment bag.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 1:47:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Alec Baldwin meme is hilarious.

Cotton ventilated garment bag and your done.  Cedar is good, but replace it every six months, or sand it to give it a fresh surface.  I am advised both ways on dry cleaning before storage.  Some say do it, some say otherwise.

I’m more worried the white shirts turning yellow (oxygen) over time than I am the wool jackets and pants.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I own a tux because I attend alot of black tie functions.  At least 6 a year.

After each use, I have it cleaned and put it in my cedar closet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm surprised you have it cleaned that often.  I could see getting it pressed after each wearing though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm surprised you have it cleaned that often.  I could see getting it pressed after each wearing though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife thinks it dumb...
But if I'm wearing black tie, its gonna be sharp.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd be worried about clothes moth larvae eating holes in my tuxedo.  Obviously no wants a funky smelling tuxedo, but you can avoid that by hanging it overnight so it dries out completely and then storing it in the garment bag.
View Quote
You can also use breathable garment bag. I keep my suits in these with a couple cedar disks in the bag as I don't wear a suit to work daily, just sometimes. I also use wide suit jacket hangers. I don't own a tux but would store the same.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Doesn't matter. For some reason, if they are stored in the dark (like in a closet) they shrink from one wearing to the next.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top