Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2020 2:35:33 PM EDT
Reading through this debate I feel like Piper did a poor job. What do you all think?

Talbott vs. Piper
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you read or seen Piper's book on the subject?  More thorough and paced to see his research and view.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you read or seen Piper's book on the subject?  More thorough and paced to see his research and view.
View Quote
No I haven’t. Is it different than the typical Calvinist doctrine of election?
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s an exegetical look at that very specific passage. Similar to the debate topic but more thorough
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It’s an exegetical look at that very specific passage. Similar to the debate topic but more thorough
View Quote
Did you read the article? I ask because Talbott tromped Piper. Granted, I haven’t read Piper’s book, but I’ve read many other books on the Calvinist readings of Romans 9-11 and nothing approaches Talbott’s reading.

I’ve never met a single Calvinist who could refute Talbott’s reading.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you read the article? I ask because Talbott tromped Piper. Granted, I haven’t read Piper’s book, but I’ve read many other books on the Calvinist readings of Romans 9-11 and nothing approaches Talbott’s reading.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read as much of the article as you've read of Piper's book.

Seen plenty of debates and discussions on it.  I will say it makes no sense a Universalist would follow a Reformed doctrine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top