Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2018 3:19:42 PM EDT
Im getting married. Slim fit suit pants look best on me. The problem I'm having is (insert joke here) the shaft makes the pants bulge. What's the common fix to this? Fold over the shaft and tie it tight to my leg? I can't find any shaftless shoes that look like boots that aren't 1200$ designer kicks. Slim shaft western boots don't seem to be a thing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're gonna wear skinny pants, you'll have to tuck them into the boots.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Lacer Boots?

Amazon Product
  • ATS Technology provides all day stability and comfort
  • Premium full-grain leather foot and upper

Amazon Product
  • Advanced Torque Stability
  • Lace Up
  • Rubber

Low ride western boots
Amazon Product
  • ATS Technology provides all day stability and comfort
  • Pull on silhouette w/ side stretch elastic panels
  • Unlined, pre-worn look

Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Boot cut pants?
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Im getting married. Slim fit suit pants look best on me. The problem I'm having is (insert joke here) the shaft makes the pants bulge. What's the common fix to this? Fold over the shaft and tie it tight to my leg? I can't find any shaftless shoes that look like boots that aren't 1200$ designer kicks. Slim shaft western boots don't seem to be a thing.
View Quote
Side zipper dress boots would be the best bet I think.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#5]
You should have worn the boots to the tailor's when you had your suit made. They he could have cut the pants properly.

What shoes did you wear? Chuck Taylors?
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for the suggestions. Not really digging the laced boots.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should have worn the boots to the tailor's when you had your suit made. They he could have cut the pants properly.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have the pants picked out but have yet to purchase them or have tailoring done until the boot issue is figured out.

Quoted:
If you're gonna wear skinny pants, you'll have to tuck them into the boots.
Harhar. They aren't skinny pants. They are slim fit, aka non fatbody fit. They fit just like Levi 501 do. If 501s are skinny jeans than I guess you would be correct tho

Quoted:
Boot cut pants?
Wouldn't that just be bell bottoms?
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Boot cut pants. The jeans you wear normally aint boot cut?
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Boot cut pants. The jeans you wear normally aint boot cut?
View Quote
Not anymore. They started feeling a lot like bell bottoms so I ditched em
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. I got married last year. I  only wear slim pants and cowboy boots. Took the boots with me to get the pants sized around the boots. Tell them exactly what you want.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#10]
If you have a suit already bought then your kind of stuck with the pants you have.  Skinny leg pants do not go with boots.   Maybe go look for Western Khaki style pants in the color that might match your suit pants.   Otherwise, look at the side zip Boots shown in another post.    If you go the khaki route then buy the length so you can stack the legs a bit.  Also press and starch lightly.   Your other option is to wear jeans, stacked, starched and pressed.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Side zipper dress boots would be the best bet I think.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/152342/download__1_-566798.JPG
View Quote
the wedding is in WA, not Harlem.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I put the pants on before the boots.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wouldn't that just be bell bottoms?
View Quote
No.  Boot cut are straight, bell bottoms are flaired.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Unless things have changed in recent years you need to wear your pants over your boots.

Several years ago I was on a motorcycle run with our local club to southern Arkansas.  We stopped for the night in a small town in backwoods Arkansas.   As we checked into the motel the counter gal suggested if we had nothing to do that night we should ride over to the VFW hall for their fish fry and dance (if you call country line dancing, dancing).  So after checking in we all showered, put on clean clothes and cruised to the VFW.  We enjoyed a great dinner and some of us (after getting a little liquored up) decided to try our hand at line dancing.  Everything was going fine until a couple of good ol' boys noticed one of our guys had his jeans tucked inside his boots.  They told the band to take a break and walked over to John and politely explained to him the only reason a man wears his jeans inside his boots is because they're too tight or he's a fag then asked John which was it.  John quickly replied the jean legs were too tight.  To which one good ol' boy responded "no problem, we can fix that", pulled John's pant legs out of his jeans and used his knife to cut the bottom foot or so of the pants legs open than pulled them down over John's boots.  John said thanks and we all had a good laugh.  Later John admitted to hearing strains of Dueling Banjos in his head when asked if his jeans were too tight or he was gay.  (John was NOT gay.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top