Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/1/2022 8:57:26 AM EDT
I am MBAcist. I would like to put them all in camps for crimes against American businesses. How can we as a society rid ourselves of this filth?

"We need to be Solution oriented". Oh really? You mean in business you need to actually produce something others want to buy?

"I have some data driven insights". Yeah normal people call that "I looked at a report". Why do you feel the need to justify your garbage existence thorough gobbledygook jargon?

As I spread my message of hate, I have been able to successfully radicalize others as well. Good friend of mine texted me:

I just heard my co-worker say “The most important lesson I learned in getting my MBA is that you can’t judge your decision-making process based on the outcome.”
View Quote

GD please help me rid our beautiful country of this scourge.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Sometimes hate isn’t wrong.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Fortunately they are easy to identify.  Much like cross-fitters and vegans, they casually will let clues slip into every conversation.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#3]
But…but how else can I jazz up my resume without an MBA…..that I got from some shady online school?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Is request really that hard to say? You have to discuss a request with us, not discuss an ask with us.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#5]
We are a morally bankrupt nation.  You want to fix MBAs, start with your own family.  Because without morality, nothing gets solved.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I do not disagree at all OP; but I'd certainly start with HR departments first.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the onboarding process should be re-named “catch and release”.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are a morally bankrupt nation.  You want to fix MBAs, start with your own family.  Because without morality, nothing gets solved.
View Quote

My family would never enter such a vile path.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#9]
It's not the MBA.  I've known \ worked with \ hired very good people who had MBAs.  

What is broken is the assumption that BECAUSE somebody has an MBA they're qualified to lead \ manage a business \ department.  Sometimes the tardeds that couldn't climb the ladder because of their tardedness go and get an MBA and then leapfrog the capable.   It's bad HR to hire or promote leaders just because they have an MBA and a lot of companies are guilty of it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I do not disagree at all OP; but I'd certainly start with HR departments first.
View Quote

Well without giving up my entire plan, we're going to use the MBAs in the camp to find all people who even attended an HR class.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's not the MBA.  I've known \ worked with \ hired very good people who had MBAs.  

What is broken is the assumption that BECAUSE somebody has an MBA they're qualified to lead \ manage a business \ department.  Sometimes the tardeds that couldn't climb the ladder because of their tardedness go and get an MBA and then leapfrog the capable.   It's bad HR to hire or promote leaders just because they have an MBA and a lot of companies are guilty of it.
View Quote

Oh, it is the MBA. MBA = camp.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#12]
My ex wife spent like 150k on a mba.  Go her absolutely nowhere career wise.  Let the eat cake!
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#13]
OP needs more diversification, equititation and inclusification.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a MBA. I found it utterly useless in advancing my own business interests. Might have been great for becoming a mid-level corporate NPC.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'll just sit around in a circle at camp and review Powerpoint decks.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Go find that study that showed what happens on average when a companies were ran by someone with a MBA.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#17]
George Orwell wrote that "political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging, and sheer cloudy vagueness."
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Just wait for the wave of "No LSAT Required" judge by feelz and not by law" attorneys already headed this way

"I'm not good with history or memorization but I'm a very good judge of character, senator Turnip"
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Jump on the gravy train with us and get that $$$

Besides, I hear stupid shit like that at the office from non MBA’s all day anyway.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Work beers and the lash.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Do away with NDAs and you do away with MBAs
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Work beers and the lash.
View Quote

A man after my own heart
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#24]
lol you think MBAs are are or matter. It's so common now no one even claims that shit. If they claim it in an email signature or business card, you know you're dealing with a bad one. Nowadays the MBA is basically a business degree capstone course.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#25]
My company is crawling with them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
lol you think MBAs are are or matter. It's so common now no one even claims that shit. If they claim it in an email signature or business card, you know you're dealing with a bad one. Nowadays the MBA is basically a business degree capstone course.
View Quote

No no I'm going to hunt them all down even the ones that try to deny it
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#27]
I thought the PMO was the new MBA?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#28]
piece of paper to make you think your shit doesnt stink.  

my gf is going for hers
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Excellent question!

Our whole civilization is decaying because of these people. Priority is given to pumping up a companies stock price instead of running a successful business. Short term gains at the expense of long term viability.

I would suggest everyone read a book called The Finance Curse by Nicholas Shaxson.

As for a solution though? I don't have an answer there.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I’m thinking we need to evaluate our synergistic capabilities…..in the cloud.

Let’s take this offline.
View Quote

Am I gonna have to put on my reorg boots and come kick the shit out of your paradigm? You wanna come evaluate these resources for efficient utilization bro? Don't make me circle back to that concept up in here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Excellent question!

Our whole civilization is decaying because of these people. Priority is given to pumping up a companies stock price instead of running a successful business. Short term gains at the expense of long term viability.

I would suggest everyone read a book called The Finance Curse by Nicholas Shaxson.

As for a solution though? I don't have an answer there.
View Quote

We put them in camps
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Can I at least run one of the camps?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I’m thinking we need to evaluate our synergistic capabilities…..in the cloud.

Let’s take this offline.
View Quote

I've taken all the humanity out of this report, why don't the numbers add up?

Uhhhh sir things go slower when it's cold.
Uhhhh sir things father away take more time to drive to.

WE NEED TO HIT THE NUMBERS NOT EXCUSES
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah I reckon I'm gonna need a bunch, so no problem
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#36]
I love it when the engineers with a year of experience who then got an MBA  give me helpful hints on design.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#38]
I thought engineers were the new MBAs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I've taken all the humanity out of this report, why don't the numbers add up?

Uhhhh sir things go slower when it's cold.
Uhhhh sir things father away take more time to drive to.

WE NEED TO HIT THE NUMBERS NOT EXCUSES
View Quote

If employees drive faster and are also on fire the problem is solved. Either get on fire or get fired.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We put them in camps
View Quote
Can you phrase that in the context of OKRs?  What are the P0s associated with this plan?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#41]
too bad we can't force something like "in order to manage, you must be able to do every job of every worker you supervise to a minimally competent level"

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Balance.......on the flipside Twitter needed MBAs or a scary Musk for a reality check.  I could join your noble cause if you include HR.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Buy companies with the vast wealth you created and fire all the MBAs. Those companies will become wildly successful, increasing your wealth. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This, it's a symptom not the cause.

Corporate culture is broken in this country, with management practices promoting buzzword spewing suck-ups who would happily sell employees kidneys if it meant a bigger short term bonus. corporate leadership needs to actually give a shit about the long run - which means keeping customers happy and treating employees well instead of shortsighted practices to maximize bonuses and stock price.

Leaving my current employer next week to do the same thing elsewhere for more money. Current employer is having record earnings for several years in a row, but wouldn't give more than a 3% raise claiming it wasn't in the budget and besides, giving raises that kept up with inflation would only make inflation worse.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sometimes hate isn’t wrong.
View Quote

FPNI

It’s not all bad. MBA’s are responsible for my brother building his own successful business.

He was head hunted and offered a VP over a neglected branch of a company, with autonomy to hire and develop products. His contract was incentivized with a percentage of gross sales.

After 10 years, he had developed multimillion dollar sales of new products and placed the company in a strong position with a solid market share.

His annual bonus was buying him Porsches and airplanes.

Company hires a new. MBA as CFO and tasks him with finding ways to streamline and cut fat.

First thing he does is kill inventory and change parts supply from on hand to China drop ship. No more huge inventory, no more warehouses.

Brother; that’s our business model: you break your toy, we ship you two day parts and you are up and running by the weekend. That’s what separates us from the competition.

MBA: This will save money.Let’s talk about your bonus structure.

Within two years, my brothers new company, with his design team, were vigorously competing with the old company.

MBA’s MoronBastardAsshole

Idiots.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Can you phrase that in the context of OKRs?  What are the P0s associated with this plan?
View Quote

It means they walk in their own carbon footprints using dynamic redistribution of assets for clawback retention of monetary and social capital.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#47]
My business rival was an MBA pretty boy who always was kissing ass while I was kicking ass. He was one of those guys who would work his ass off to avoid work. He was one of the very few in supervision that wasn't former military and it showed in his poor handling of simple issues in his work center.

He was 100% smoke and mirrors and never put any effort into any of his products just barely getting by. I applied for, and took a job I didn't want just to cock block that putz. When it came time for me to retire and turn the division over to the prick MBA he put in his papers to leave the agency just 21-days before my retirement. He fucked the entire department and command as I had been passing things down to him for a few weeks to include the next years' budgets and personnel evaluations.

Boy boy oh boy did the pretty words pour from that MBA's face.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I thought engineers were the new MBAs.
View Quote

Engineers are just book smart with no people skills.

They have a place in society.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, now get on the train.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think the onboarding process should be re-named “catch and release”.
View Quote

See, in my day we didn’t say “onboarding”.  One was simply “hired” and came to work on the appointed day.

Nice try at slipping in here unnoticed Mr. MBA.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top