Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/16/2021 7:39:37 PM EDT
It was my understanding that very soon after both Pfizer and Moderna formulated their Covid-19 vaccines back in ~January of 2020, they both went into full retard mode and started producing doses on speculation that it would be approved.

If, in fact, this was the case, how could we possibly be faced with a shortage right now?  WTF happened?

Discuss.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Price control tactic?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder. Liberals simply can't count. Liberals lie and will do anything to make Trump look bad.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
In 3 days, the narrative will change.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder. Liberals simply can't count. Liberals lie and will do anything to make Trump look bad.
View Quote

Right.  But why is there a shortage?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I could be wrong, but this is the way I understand it;

The military is going to have all service members vaccinated.
The medical field is pushing hard for the vaccinations. Half of the doctors and nurses, etc. want it, and the other half is saying "No way".

So, essential workers are first in line. That's fine with me, because I refuse to take it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#6]
If there was a surplus of doses, the left would be having a meltdown over the government keeping them from the most venerable, our elderly, our children, our teachers, blah blah. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#7]
There is no shortage,  it's all a big lie to make trump look bad. Like Cuomo saying they no had ventilators,  but had 50k in a warehouse.

It's all bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#8]
its been held back to get past jan 20. "shortage" is inaccurate, a large share has been sititng just waiting

almost like its political
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do we know for a fact there is a shortage?  According to who?  Do they have ulterior motives?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Trump fucked the country on the Chicom Flu.  Bidet will save us from the Chicom Flu.

The narrative has been written already
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#11]
The ironic part is now they are saying cutting the doses in half is just as effective.
If half a dose is good enough, why did they tell everyone it took X amount to be effective?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Trump bad!  According to the libs and media, there won't be a vaccine for several years yet we now have a shortage.  Wonder what the next 4 years will bring?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Trump fucked the country on the Chicom Flu.  Bidet will save us from the Chicom Flu.

View Quote

Yeah. Xiden is going to vaccinate 1 million a day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Personally.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#15]
In New York City there have been some hospitals that have run out and won't get more until next week, and other hospitals didn't have enough people come in for the vaccine, so they threw away doses. Meanwhile, state-wide, New York has only used 45 percent of their vaccine stock (Texas has used almost 60 percent of their stock).  

This is a tremendous logistical effort. We are vaccinating close to a million people a day, seven days a week. That's nearly 20 football stadiums full of people.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

We're pretty much at a million a day, or will be in a few days.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Price control tactic?
View Quote

More of a desire control tactic...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Miraculously...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Do we know for a fact there is a shortage?  According to who?  Do they have ulterior motives?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

4 days. Possibly 8. Maybe they'll give it the weekend to "make it look good"
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It was my understanding that very soon after both Pfizer and Moderna formulated their Covid-19 vaccines back in ~January of 2020, they both went into full retard mode and started producing doses on speculation that it would be approved.

If, in fact, this was the case, how could we possibly be faced with a shortage right now?  WTF happened?

Discuss.
View Quote
87 day shelf life.
What they produced in March spoiled.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There is no shortage,  it's all a big lie to make trump look bad. Like Cuomo saying they no had ventilators,  but had 50k in a warehouse.

It's all bullshit.
View Quote

Gotta give them credit. (As painful as that is) they did what they wanted to do. And got away with it. Orange man bad, he must go. Well he's gone. At least from public form. And will be out of their lives on Wed.

We let this happen. Did the left do everything they could? Yes.

Did we? No.

"Game" over.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#23]
local radio was blaming the Federal government because WA state had only administered 1/3 of the doses they had received
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#24]
No shortage.

No plan for distributing the vaccine at the local and state levels has lead to a lack needles in arms.

Wastage of the vaccine has occurred because the Pfizer vaccine is not heat stable and must be thrown away or on short notice given to low priority people.

So it goes. I’m high priority and I don’t think I’ll have any until March, probably.

Here in Austin you have to stand in a line among the great unwashed throngs to get a vaccination. That alone is enough to keep
me away.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
local radio was blaming the Federal government because WA state had only administered 1/3 of the doses they had received
View Quote

Here is how the press works: In states with Dem governors they blame the Feds. In states with GOP governors they blame the state.

If you look at the vaccination map it is very clear states with GOP governors are getting the vaccine to people faster and more efficiently.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html

Here is a link with state by state doses delivered and doses given.

Only 10 states have over 50% of delivered doses being given.

—-

I am sure the distribution part of this is a big factor. They could probably give doses to more people, but then people would complain lower risk people were getting the vaccine before higher risk people.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The ironic part is now they are saying cutting the doses in half is just as effective.
If half a dose is good enough, why did they tell everyone it took X amount to be effective?
View Quote

Because it has been PROVEN  with Fauci et al, that lying to the People is fine “if it is for their own good”.

Their “logic” is that “if half doses can provide 95% of the population with 50% immunity”, that is better OVERALL than “full-doses that can provide 50% of the people with 95% immunity.”  Thus the lie is justified in their eyes.

So, after months of trials with full power doses, bureaucrats will again start lying, saying a half-dose is really all you little people need (they’ll already have their 2 FULL doses, of course, so they’re insulated from the “new” policy)
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Update: according to the Pfizer CEO, he has an ample supply of vax in cold storage.  What he does not have are orders.  So...WTF?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Update: according to the Pfizer CEO, he has an ample supply of vax in cold storage.  What he does not have are orders.  So...WTF?
View Quote

1. Many states have only use 50 percent (or less) of their supply on hand.
2. Many people prefer the Moderna vaccine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Discuss.
View Quote

some people destroyed vaccines.
some people did no properly store them.
didnt NY do something dumb like "if you dont use all these you are fined 1million per" coupled with "Only health care workers and authorized people can get it."
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you don't believe that everything the CEO of Pfizer says is calculated to pump and protect his stock price, I don't know what to tell you.

I saw an article this morning about some health dept big wig in Israel saying that the first dose of Pfizer's vaccine is not nearly as effective in reality compared to the numbers Pfizer presented to everyone.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#32]
The rollout has been maliciously botched.  It probably won't get any better after tomorrow, but the narrative will change.

What difference does the vaccine make anyway?  Mask and lockdowns are here to stay. I heard a former Obama health wonk talking breathlessly about the fact nothing can be relaxed even with the vaccine.  As a matter of fact they said there needs to be better mask, not just any face covering.  It was very much like listening to an emotional teenager rather than an educated man of science.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#33]
I find it amazing how many people see the crazy tyranny yet still think the RONA is still a legit concern. It's all tied together, duh.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is there a shortage? And why care?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Remember this? CDC tells states to have vac plan by Nov 1.

Beginning of September CDC told the states to have their vaccination plans in place by Nov 1. They screamed "Politics!" Nothing was done.

Here we are over three months later, five weeks after the first approval, and states are still struggling to get the vaccine in arms. Last mile logistics is a thing.

Pfizer has said they had material supply issues in the beginning of production. I can see where they and others would not want to put out to much capital in production until they knew their vaccines were approved.

What I find interesting is there is no public data as to how many does a day or week they are manufacturing. There is no public data as to their warehouse inventory. There seem to be no projected manufacturing capacity reports. There is no public projected delivery schedule.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Orange man bad.  Next week the supply will be magically restored.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#37]
How at this point does anyone not know all of this shit is a huge destabilization psyop? We are not supposed to know what is actually going on or who to believe. Here is some news: Representative government is a lie, we are ruled by bankers who control the global economy and virtually all governments. Money is the weapon.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Remember this? CDC tells states to have vac plan by Nov 1.

Beginning of September CDC told the states to have their vaccination plans in place by Nov 1. They screamed "Politics!" Nothing was done.

Here we are over three months later, five weeks after the first approval, and states are still struggling to get the vaccine in arms. Last mile logistics is a thing.

Pfizer has said they had material supply issues in the beginning of production. I can see where they and others would not want to put out to much capital in production until they knew their vaccines were approved.

What I find interesting is there is no public data as to how many does a day or week they are manufacturing. There is no public data as to their warehouse inventory. There seem to be no projected manufacturing capacity reports. There is no public projected delivery schedule.

View Quote

I also find it interesting about there appears to be no information on what is being manufactured volume wise.  Should be transparent but it isn't.  Why?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's all bullshit.
View Quote

Is this how Trump can still win? You're an idiot if you don't know Trump is a fucking cog.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In New York City there have been some hospitals that have run out and won't get more until next week, and other hospitals didn't have enough people come in for the vaccine, so they threw away doses. Meanwhile, state-wide, New York has only used 45 percent of their vaccine stock (Texas has used almost 60 percent of their stock).  

This is a tremendous logistical effort. We are vaccinating close to a million people a day, seven days a week. That's nearly 20 football stadiums full of people.
View Quote

Buddy of mine is a family practice MD.  Local health department controls all vaccines.  His clinic (with dozens of MD's on staff) has zero.  He had to go to a hospital to get his dose.  I asked him what would happen if his clinic had doses and he said the staff would be working OT non-stop giving it out.  

We could easily double the rate.  It isn't happening because people in charge of distribution at the .gov level don't want to give up control.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#42]
How can there be a shortage when most states having even used half of what they received?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no doubt he will vaccinate 1 million per day. Last Thursday the CDC numbers showed that 950k were vaccinated. It won’t be hard to add another 50k to the number once the states get smooth out. We are also moving to wider distribution where they will be allowing more people that want the vaccine to get it. I just did an online survey from the county health department where they want your contact information, age, race, occupation and health conditions. They also want you to pick from a reduce list of 10 or so sexes and to know if you were changing your sex. I am a little old fashioned and always thought there were two choices. They also want to know if you identified as being in any special group. I didn’t see Attack Helicopters listed so I couldn’t get that point to move me up on the list.

We should do like the UK and give the vaccine to healthcare workers, nursing home residents and than go by age. They started at 85 and over, 80+ and so on. Simple plan, easy to verify and quick to implement. Being over 70, I would support this plan simply because I want the shot and I would not be stuck behind a whole bunch of lower risk but politically favored people. For all those who say that they don’t care who gets it first because they don’t want it, that is your right but don’t criticize people who don’t agree with you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Distribution is through gov. Lots of states dropped the ball on prepping for receiving and ordering shots, despite being told for months to be ready.

Pfizer shot- a lot of places can't receive, store and administer in time before they go bad.

NY and similar states do stupid shit like threaten to criminally charge anyone and revoke medical licenses if someone not eligible gets the shot=extra shots are destroyed.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's all bullshit.
View Quote

What happened to the 200,000,000 doses of oxychloroquine that Trump ordered 'just to have on hand'?
Cuomo initially banned OCQ because it was Trumps idea.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Libs claimed there would be no vaccine for years, they were wrong so now must come up with new claims that orange man is bad.  After today, going to get sick of that shit quick.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I could be wrong, but this is the way I understand it;

The military is going to have all service members vaccinated.
The medical field is pushing hard for the vaccinations. Half of the doctors and nurses, etc. want it, and the other half is saying "No way".

So, essential workers are first in line. That's fine with me, because I refuse to take it.
View Quote

As an essential worker I’ll tell you this. There should be plenty of doses. As your half number may be low balling. Lol lots of essential workers aren’t convinced an don’t want it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

As an essential worker I’ll tell you this. There should be plenty of doses. As your half number may be low balling. Lol lots of essential workers aren’t convinced an don’t want it.
View Quote

I guess it varies by region.

Here in LV, if only "half" the essential workers are taking it, then there must be at least two million "Essential Workers" in this city of 2 million, because for the past two weeks, the healthcare workers vax centers are packed each and every day with lines going out the building and out to the street.

(I'm not 'essential' but my wife is, so I get to see it first-hand)

They've now opened it up to 70+ and all THOSE sites are also filled out to end of Feb.

Same in AZ -- trying to get an appt for my elderly mom -- NO appointments available for the next two weeks, and they aren't even bothering to schedule anything more than 2 weeks out, including at the 63,000 seat sports stadium where they are doing one of the mass vax sites, and making appointments literally 24/7.  (Yes, they are making appts in the middle of the night.)

So either there is not enough vax or the "govt" is doing a piss-poor job at managing it.  Or perhaps both.  Whatever the root cause, there are millions wanting it who currently can NOT get it.

Welcome to Socialized Medicine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's all bullshit.
View Quote

Michigan has around half a million doses difference between distribution and taken, so there are plenty out there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Pretty sure I read that the world elite got our doses. They did not stay in country like you would expect
Could be BS but that is what I remember
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top