BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best way to un-OCD yourself is to marry a gal who is the complete opposite of OCD, live with her for 25 years, and procreate and spawn 4 kids that are just like her in that aspect. Eventually you will get to where you just don’t give AF anymore. I promise.
View Quote

I'm actually not far from that. My awesome girlfriend of almost a year is kinda a slob, as are her kids and even her parents. I take better care of them than they do.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
If I don't load a vehicle perfectly centered on my truck I'll pull it off and redo it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
When I serve an omelette, I orient it on the plate to match the phase of the moon.

(Full moon is a smiley face.  New moon is a frown.)
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty much a slob but I do like the TP over the top and the clothes hangers facing the same direction.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I would have to rip that spindle out
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I would have to demo the house and re-do it.  It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer to call it organized

My wife on the other hand is chaos
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The screw slots in all of my wall switch and outlet plates are all clocked at 12/6 o'clock - they have to be...
View Quote

Things like this aren’t OCD, that is just perfectionism or neuroticism. OCD is when you check to make sure all the screws are in the correct orientation a dozen times per day. And you wake up in the middle of the night and have to make sure. And you leave work early to go home to check to make sure. When you are constantly agonizing about whether the screws are correct. That is OCD.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Things like this aren’t OCD, that is just perfectionism or neuroticism. OCD is when you check to make sure all the screws are in the correct orientation a dozen times per day. And you wake up in the middle of the night and have to make sure. And you leave work early to go home to check to make sure. When you are constantly agonizing about whether the screws are correct. That is OCD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The screw slots in all of my wall switch and outlet plates are all clocked at 12/6 o'clock - they have to be...

Exactly.

I don’t even think most people know what OCD is.

“I’m so OCD” doesn’t even make sense and sounds stupid. OCD is something you have, it’s not something you are.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#10]

I fear I'd have to burn that house to the ground.

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is what mine is.  It got to the point I refuse to clean up after her.  She was not like that when I met her and the first couple years of our relationship.  The only downfall is our new house is in my name....
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#13]
This got me earlier

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Who The F**k does that??? To fix it, you are going to screw up everything that is already finished. Then repair the whole damn thing trying to make it blend together.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm whatever the opposite of OCD is.
View Quote

Same here, but I do have a well organized tool box at work.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When I bought my house that was one of the first things I did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I bought my house that was one of the first things I did.

I set my alarm for 2300 and 0300 and go through the house with a flashlight to make sure none of them have been monkeyed with while I was sleeping.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#17]
When in a restaurant I always take the seat at the table that faces the door.  Having my back to the door has felt "odd" ever since I was a small child.
Probably due to seeing a reenactment at Deadwood, SD as a kid.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:55:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When in a restaurant I always take the seat at the table that faces the door.  Having my back to the door has felt "odd" ever since I was a small child.
View Quote

Not OCD, just Alpha.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#20]

I was just going to post something on this topic.

I always alternate picking eggs from the carton such that the center of gravity remains in the center.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#21]
I was putting a stainless screw kit in a customers airplane. He was very insistent that all the screw heads line up.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#22]

I saw the baluster, but wanted to pick on the rug.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#23]
I did the dishes earlier and put the pans back on the stove. This thread is relevant to my life. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I always alternate picking eggs from the carton such that the center of gravity remains in the center.
View Quote

I do that, too, but it’s more of a safety issue than an OCD issue. I once picked up an egg carton where the eggs were missing on one side. I misjudged the weight distribution and dropped the carton, breaking the remaining eggs. Now I make sure it’s balanced.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Who The F**k does that??? To fix it, you are going to screw up everything that is already finished. Then repair the whole damn thing trying to make it blend together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's actually a pretty easy fix. I've worked on a lot worse.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Actually, not necessarily. You can exhibit traits and behavior from OCD without it being diagnosed as a mental disorder.

In particular, in reference to the diagnostic criteria.
“B. The obsessions or compulsions are time-consuming (e.g., take more than 1 hour per day) or cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Having OCD is not something to brag about. It is a mental disorder.

Actually, not necessarily. You can exhibit traits and behavior from OCD without it being diagnosed as a mental disorder.

In particular, in reference to the diagnostic criteria.
“B. The obsessions or compulsions are time-consuming (e.g., take more than 1 hour per day) or cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning”

I can not wear to mismatching socks. I will go without otherwise. So, something like that?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:22:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I would have to rip that spindle out
View Quote

Go downstairs and straighten that rug first!
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:30:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

We Italians do that. Not kidding.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:31:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Some stuff I am very “OCD” about and some stuff I’m not. For instance, IDGAF about making the bed but god damnit that dishwasher better be loaded right!

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:43:52 AM EDT
[#30]
OP hasn’t suffered from OCD

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 6:15:01 AM EDT
[#31]
I have suffered with mild to moderate OCD most of my life.
I recently went for a check up and my Doctor perscribed a Anexiety medicine.
It's not a super cure, but it seems to be taking the "Edge" off of it.
I'm saying this in hopes it might be of help to other people out there.
Talk to your Doctor.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
All of the screws on my device covers face the same way. Perfectly horizontal.
View Quote

Since I couldn't get the screws all perfectly exact to each other I just took the covers off.

Problem solved.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 8:58:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No idea why someone would freely admit to it..  If I said some of the things that get to me, it would be embarrassing saying it, even anonymously on the internet.
View Quote

Same thing as crossfitters and vax'ers. They feel the need to tell everyone.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well that's just common sense.  Figured everyone does that.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm making fun of myself about the switches. My girlfriend saw me walk across the kitchen, turn a light on, then go to the other side of the kitchen and turn the light off. She looked at me for a couple seconds and realized what I did. She just shook her head at me. There are worse aspects to my OCD.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Scale of 1-10

I am like a 2

ETA:

After reading through this post I am more like a 6
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't everybody? If they don't, they should. Back to the wall if you can. I've gotten strange looks in the past when I asked to sit in a seat someone else in the group was heading for.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Did this one evening while watching TV.

Attachment Attached File

Not perfect, but scratched an itch.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That is what mine is.  It got to the point I refuse to clean up after her.  She was not like that when I met her and the first couple years of our relationship.  The only downfall is our new house is in my name....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same boat.  Been pondering for years if she will improve her ways when our two kids become teenagers or move out, but losing hope as time goes on.  I just try to focus on my own spaces within the house such as my closet, my car, or the garage, and ignore the rest.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Not.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Best way to un-OCD yourself is to marry a gal who is the complete opposite of OCD, live with her for 25 years, and procreate and spawn 4 kids that are just like her in that aspect. Eventually you will get to where you just don’t give AF anymore. I promise.
View Quote

30+ years here and you are absolutely right.

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:56:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So you don’t want to pass on any of your strengths and choose to lay back and die.

Not helping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you don’t want to pass on any of your strengths and choose to lay back and die.

Not helping.

Marry someone who doesn't have any problems like you and have a daughter who does. Have your wife work most of your problems out of her personality and profit with a multi-skilled child who looks at life in a different way and is very successful.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#44]
I never gave much thought to it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 2:12:26 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

So, I'm pretty bad with many things. Labels are facing out on items in the fridge. Screws are timed at 12/6

Can't wait till my last son moves out so there's no handprints everywhere.

I did that to a pie to mess with a budy
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 2:33:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

My Brother!  

BTW, placing the eggs in a bowl eliminates odd/even numbers as well as balance issues
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:30:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I am WAY TOO OCD....

That is the root of my wife and I's arguments.
View Quote

Not enough apparently
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can confirm this.  I can also confirn that it doesn't take the full 25 years to achieve.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top