Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2019 11:13:13 AM EDT
Hey guys, looking to get my garage gym in order. I have some things already ( kettlebell, dumbbells, plyo box ( homemade)). Looking recently for a good power rack. Ideally rogue would be my main choice but money says otherwise. Anyone use Titan fitness stuff? I've also seen a newer rack from Rep fitness. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a couple of months in to a Titan T-2. I have no issues with it. It works, was cheap, and had free fast shipping.

Check out this thread
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a T3 rack,  after a year of 3x a week use it is fine.  I would probably buy again.  ETA: Just saw the price for the Rep rack, I would buy that in a heartbeat instead of the Titan.

I also have some other stuff by them like the bench and cable tower.  The tower...required some work.  I wouldn't buy it again, but they DID send me a new one.

The incline bench is utter crap.  If they sent me a knew one I would place the whole box on the curb without unpacking.

Rogue boneyard bar and Rep Fitness RB-5000 bench FTW.

Titan is decent enough if they stay in their lane, low tech items that don't move.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a T3 rack,  after a year of 3x a week use it is fine.  I would probably buy again.  ETA: Just saw the price for the Rep rack, I would buy that in a heartbeat instead of the Titan.

I also have some other stuff by them like the bench and cable tower.  The tower...required some work.  I wouldn't buy it again, but they DID send me a new one.

The incline bench is utter crap.  If they sent me a knew one I would place the whole box on the curb without unpacking.

Titan is decent enough if they stay in their lane, low tech items that don't move.  
View Quote
The rep is cheaper but anyone actually use them ?  If it's 200 bucks of junk I'd rather spend more
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The rep is cheaper but anyone actually use them ?  If it's 200 bucks of junk I'd rather spend more
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget Rep does not include shipping in that price, Titan does.

I can't comment on the rack, but look around at the reviews of their other stuff.  They seem pretty solid.

The RB-5000 bench is really nice.  Solid and nicely made.  I have a number of smaller things from them and they are all decent.

At the VERY least Rep seems to be a leg up on Titan in quality control.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I always push rep fitness.

Rep is owned by a lifter. the owner frequents another forum I am on (specifically the equipment forum) and listens to people who lift in the design and build of his other products.

I own an elitefts rack but if I had to downsize I would grab the rep in a heartbeat.

ETA: Make sure your comparing same racks. Titan and rep have a similar racks... T2 and rep 1000 / T3 and rep 3000? I believe. Rep also has numbered uprights and lined Jhooks to save the barbell... all accesories are interchangeable as long as meant for correct post (2x2,2x3,3x3) and correct pin size
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Def planning on getting it then.  Gonna check out some other items they got too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out the bars they have on clearance as well.  If you could combine shipping it could be a heck of a deal outside of a killer Boneyard bar.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I might need to pick up some of those 55# bumpers and incline bench from rep.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I have both the T2 rack from Titan and their comp 45# bumpers.

Both are great, especially the bumpers. I wish I had bought the T3 rack though, the T2 is fine, but I had to drill holes in it to bolt it to the floor.

Also, for what it's worth, Titan's reward points work across their sites. I just bought some pallet forks from their implement site and was able to log in with the account I created on their fitness site and get the points from that purchase.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
O.t. slightly, for those stall mats from tractor supply.. can you wash those?  With a hose etc ?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#11]
This has served my purposes.
Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace have smoking deals on heavier stuff all the time.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
O.t. slightly, for those stall mats from tractor supply.. can you wash those?  With a hose etc ?
View Quote
I sweep mine as they get saw dust on them, but you could wash them if you wanted.  Just don't plan on moving them as they are a pain to move.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I sweep mine as they get saw dust on them, but you could wash them if you wanted.  Just don't plan on moving them as they are a pain to move.
View Quote
That’s what I was thinking. I don’t see why you couldn’t but they are a bitch to carry around.

I use the shop vac on them every once in a while to pick up the chalk dust and they still look fine after 5yrs or so.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have both the T2 rack from Titan and their comp 45# bumpers.

Both are great, especially the bumpers. I wish I had bought the T3 rack though, the T2 is fine, but I had to drill holes in it to bolt it to the floor.

Also, for what it's worth, Titan's reward points work across their sites. I just bought some pallet forks from their implement site and was able to log in with the account I created on their fitness site and get the points from that purchase.
View Quote
Titan is the only fitness company I know that also sells target stands, so I have to give them that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes you can. If fact I would recommend that you do wash and dry them good before installing.

I have mopped mine a few times to clean up chalk dust and they look brand new afterwards.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Updated issue.   Currently putting up drywall around the garage.    The garage floor is. Not perfectly level.  There's a few cracks as well.   Without totally repairing the concrete slab is there anything you guys did to level only the gym part of your garage?

I plan to put down the stall mats but not sure how that will work with an uneven floor.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:52:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Updated issue.   Currently putting up drywall around the garage.    The garage floor is. Not perfectly level.  There's a few cracks as well.   Without totally repairing the concrete slab is there anything you guys did to level only the gym part of your garage?

I plan to put down the stall mats but not sure how that will work with an uneven floor.
View Quote
You could get some leveler and just use it in the gym area.  Be prepared to have to grind the edges.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Some pretty good info Here
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Some pretty good info Here
View Quote
Awesome. Thanks.  May try to build a separate platform first.  If fails I'll go to the leveling concrete
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Idk if you've bought anything yet, but I tried to sample a few different vendors when putting mine together. My brother has titan fitness stuff and to their credit he's had no issues with any of it (folding rack, bench, few other things). That said, their welds and finish are horrible IMO. I went with a rogue rack which I know you aren't really interested in, I'm extremely happy with it but if I wanted to save some cash next time I'd definitely go with Rep fitness stuff. I got a rep fb-5000 and ab-3100 for my benches and they're absolutely amazing for the money. The ab-3100 isn't as nice as the life fitness/hammer stuff at my old commercial gym but it's a lot better than other stuff I've used at other commercial gyms. The FB-5000 is easily the best bench I've ever used and that's taking into account shit at la fitness, gold's, and a bunch of other places of the years. Bar storage came from fringe sport and that's another one I'd consider, very quality for not a whole lot more than titan but half of what rogue would cost.  Got a power bar and a curl bar from Vulcan. The power bar is right up there with rogue stuff and the curl bar is by far the best I've ever used and it was about 120.

Anyways, what I'm getting at is I'd strongly consider REP for the big items and probably fringe and Vulcan for smaller stuff. I know titan is less than half the cost especially after shipping but I'd say you're getting 2-3 times the quality with rep/fringe/Vulcan while also paying almost half as much as rogue while getting what I'd consider to be comparable or the same quality.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Idk if you've bought anything yet, but I tried to sample a few different vendors when putting mine together. My brother has titan fitness stuff and to their credit he's had no issues with any of it (folding rack, bench, few other things). That said, their welds and finish are horrible IMO. I went with a rogue rack which I know you aren't really interested in, I'm extremely happy with it but if I wanted to save some cash next time I'd definitely go with Rep fitness stuff. I got a rep fb-5000 and ab-3100 for my benches and they're absolutely amazing for the money. The ab-3100 isn't as nice as the life fitness/hammer stuff at my old commercial gym but it's a lot better than other stuff I've used at other commercial gyms. The FB-5000 is easily the best bench I've ever used and that's taking into account shit at la fitness, gold's, and a bunch of other places of the years. Bar storage came from fringe sport and that's another one I'd consider, very quality for not a whole lot more than titan but half of what rogue would cost.  Got a power bar and a curl bar from Vulcan. The power bar is right up there with rogue stuff and the curl bar is by far the best I've ever used and it was about 120.

Anyways, what I'm getting at is I'd strongly consider REP for the big items and probably fringe and Vulcan for smaller stuff. I know titan is less than half the cost especially after shipping but I'd say you're getting 2-3 times the quality with rep/fringe/Vulcan while also paying almost half as much as rogue while getting what I'd consider to be comparable or the same quality.
View Quote
Thanks for the help.   I'm gonna def go with rep following the good reviews
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a ton of Titan and Rogue stuff.  Titan is gtg almost every time.  Recently they sent us a 20#  slam ball instead of the wagon wheels I ordered. Reshipped the wheels and let us keep the ball.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top