Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/17/2021 3:33:19 PM EST
Our offer on a new construction home was just accepted! The home has an unfinished basement, and I'm planning to do a lot of the finishing myself.  

I'm planning to get some kind of design software to cleanly plan out the layout and everything else that comes with it.  I've seen a few products available, such as Home Designer Suite 2021 and Virtual Architect.  I really like the ability to see 3D images of the space.  We'll also need to do landscaping at some point, so bonus points for a program with that capability as well.  

Any recommendations on software?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:46:36 PM EST
Home Designer (any)
The $100 will do what you need.

It's IMO the best software that isn't on an expensive monthly basis.
Honestly, I think Chief Architect (the group that makes Home Designer) has the best software period.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:47:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/19/2021 6:53:57 AM EST by Handydave]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dangerdan:
Home Designer (any)
The $100 will do what you need.

It's IMO the best software that isn't on an expensive monthly basis.
Honestly, I think Chief Architect (the group that makes Home Designer) has the best software period.
View Quote

I completely agree.
<——- general contractor using chief architect but started out on the cheapest home designer and upgraded through the years.
The nice thing about chief is if you buy the $100 software and decide you need the $200 version , you can trade it for full credit and just pay the difference during the current version. When a new version is rolled out the credit drops some.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:34:22 AM EST
Awesome. Thanks, guys!  That helps a lot.  Looking forward to getting started.  
Top Top