Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2018 6:41:46 PM EDT
So we have Verizon and everything works as it should.
EXCEPT at home, at the front yard, at the back yard.
The phones are spotty.

Saw something about a Cell Phone booster needing to be registered with the carrier, no biggie. But there's a wide range of pricing on Amazon and the Big Blue place.

Whats anyone else using? Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard that one before.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
weboost.com
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I use wifi calling on my cell

It works fine. I have verizon also.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a sure call.  Once the antenna is properly aligned, it works.  Nothing else, just works.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The ones from the carrier are registeted to the phone.

The ones you buy yourself can be...
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny, I have Verizon and have lousy service at home too. Only 1/4 mile from tower. They want everyone to switch to wifi so they can convert all their equipment without adding more to support the customers they have.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd get a mini cell that plugs into your high speed Internet connection.  Some people that used to rent our farm house on the top of a mountain used one. No cell service there, but surprisingly could get DSL from the phone company.  Anywhere within 50 yards of the house got 3G service. Not sure what model specifically they used though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one from Verizon. It wouldn't hand off the call to a tower when I drove off and the call would drop.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I have version and live in a very rural area with no internet available. I have a ~$300 Wilson antenna booster that brings service from barely usable shit to being able to sorta stream YouTube most of the time. Its not registered anywhere, and absolutely works.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one from Verizon. It wouldn't hand off the call to a tower when I drove off and the call would drop.
View Quote
Make them replace it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top