Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people who approach this problem have never fired a gun in tight quarters.

Pistols are loud. Shotguns are very loud. Rifles are very loud.
Pistol bullets are small but poke nice holes. Shotguns poke lots of holes. Rifles poke really nice holes.
Pistols take a lot of aiming. Shotguns take more aiming than people think. Rifles take more aiming than people think.
Pistols are more likely to leave living plaintiffs. Shotguns done right divorce soul from body most rikitik. Rifles are good at not leaving living plaintiffs if they hit the right place.

Fight with what you fight best with and quit worrying about it. That it's a Ruger MkII or a S&W 29 or your favorite Metric FAL makes no difference.

Get a bit philosophically old school about it. GD has already convinced you that your choice is wrong and you are therefore dead. Good. In their own silly way, GD is channeling Miyamoto Musashi. Approach the coming battle as if you are already dead and just get the job done. If you happen to survive, great. Revel in every new day after the battle as if it were gravy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Odds of up armored invaders increased dramatically last year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't assaulters use 9mm MP5's for years?  Are you expecting a lot of armored-up invaders?  

I think most people use a handgun for home defense.

Use whatever you're comfortable with.

So shoot them more and keep shooting them.

Getting shot with armor still hurts and most people react badly to getting hurt.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Having read the many posts on AR15.com extolling the virtues of a rifle over a Pistol Caliber Carbine I am fully in agreement with the logic behind same. Rifle ballistics are clearly far superior to pistol ballistics.

I have an AR15 pistol (10.5” barrel) and a PCC (8” barrel), both equipped with Aimpoint CompM5’s. Both are reliable and would make a great home defense weapon. But the PCC is so light, well balanced, and has such a good “feel” that I shoot it better than any other gun I’ve ever shot in my life. Out to 50 yards it is eerily accurate (probably the max distance I would need to engage). I am far more accurate with the PCC than the AR15 pistol. I’m thinking the accuracy issue alone warrants consideration for me to use it as my “go-to” home defense weapon. But I don’t want it to be my funeral. LOL

Curious if others have similar or differing thoughts?

View Quote

This right here answers it all
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
If I'm going to use a long gun for defense it is going to be in a long gun caliber. If I wanted pistol ballistics I would just use a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are the triggers the same?
View Quote

Standard factory triggers. If there’s a difference, it’s minimal.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd say go for it op, indoors you should be fine unless you're expecting someone to be wearing body armor.

Sure we all know rifle ballistics win hands down and if I had to step outside (live in a rural area) I'd want the rifle..........
View Quote

That’s kinda my thinking also.  I’ll keep the PCC at our winter home where it’s very unlikely I’d have to engage at any distance of greater than 50 yards and keep the AR pistol at our small farm in VA where there’s a significant chance threats could come with four legs and outdoors.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Cobra derringer in  loaded with 38 Caliber 148 Grain Lead HBWC .. anything more is overkill.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A solid hit with a .22 Magnum beats a miss with a .50 BMG.

My home-defense weapon is a Marlin 1894C in .357 Magnum. The cartridge gains an additional 400 fps in the rifle barrel, and takes down 'deer-sized animals' with ease at 50 yards. A wooden-stocked lever gun also looks a lot less sinister at trial than an evil black rifle.
View Quote

10$ says a BMG miss evacuates the room, as well as the perp's bowels.  I know sound isn't a reliable deterrent...but 50 indoors is probably the exception.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
4.5” barrel, 22” total length and 40 rounds of 147gr 9mm that won’t sound like concussion grenades if I have to fire it in the house.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/358028/7FB3BE47-8D49-4E2B-A1C7-4858BA61FAF4-1796805.jpg
View Quote

Yep. If a PCC is what he shoots well, then op has the best gun for his circumstances.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I can’t imagine a pcc is more or less accurate than .223/5.56 in the same platform but if it is, it is.

If 9mm/.45 is sufficient for self/home defense out of a pistol it’s sufficient out of a carbine. Regardless of pcc/rifle carbine opinions.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:44:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Getting shot with armor still hurts and most people react badly to getting hurt.
View Quote

That sounds like a good sig line.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#12]
If it's what you shoot the best, then party on, Garth. Just be aware of the possibility that home invaders may be wearing soft armor which may defeat your pistol rounds. Not a particularly likely scenario.

A controlled triple tap of 9mm or whatever will ruin anybody's day.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#13]
The penetration is a non issue. XM193 5.56 rounds actually penetrate LESS than shotgun and pistol rounds through common housing materials.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:06:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Use whatever you're comfortable with.
View Quote
Basically. Now that being said I don't know how big your home is or how inaccurate you could possibly be that you're missing at house ranges with a .223, but hitting with a 9mm will always be more effective than missing with .223.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:14:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Guns are icky but I keep a wiffleball bat next to my bed.  I'm sure that will scare off any intruders.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:23:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Please don't promote this fudd shit, you're liable to get someone hurt or killed.  Yes, I was a criminal defense attorney.  Can a "scary gun" have a minor impact?  Maybe.  Are there 1,000 other factors that will each matter far more? Yes.

The police take your [KAC] [can] [SBR] whatever, you're fucking alive, the bad guy is dead/maimed, and lived through the most traumatic experience you'll face in your life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A solid hit with a .22 Magnum beats a miss with a .50 BMG.

My home-defense weapon is a Marlin 1894C in .357 Magnum. The cartridge gains an additional 400 fps in the rifle barrel, and takes down 'deer-sized animals' with ease at 50 yards. A wooden-stocked lever gun also looks a lot less sinister at trial than an evil black rifle.

Please don't promote this fudd shit, you're liable to get someone hurt or killed.  Yes, I was a criminal defense attorney.  Can a "scary gun" have a minor impact?  Maybe.  Are there 1,000 other factors that will each matter far more? Yes.

The police take your [KAC] [can] [SBR] whatever, you're fucking alive, the bad guy is dead/maimed, and lived through the most traumatic experience you'll face in your life.

I really hope to never be put in that position,  but if it happens,  I want the best tool to defend my family.  Rifle and can is ideal for me, but pcc is ac solid choice.   Probably not grabbing a break action.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:27:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I’d say, use what you’re most comfortable with.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:10:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The penetration is a non issue. XM193 5.56 rounds actually penetrate LESS than shotgun and pistol rounds through common housing materials.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:42:53 AM EDT
[#19]
I think you are fine picking a 9mm. I'd suggest working up a better CQB set up in an intermediate rifle cartridge if you are going 9mm purely based on ergonomics, even should you still want the 9mm for home defense.

my ideal HD set up is a 11.5-12.5" Ar with a 12" handguard.

My idea pistol caliber AR set up has a 8.5" barrel and 9" handguard.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:57:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Joe Xiden said you just need to fire two blasts from your balcony
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:03:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
J frame, anything else is overkill.
View Quote

Defending your home = combat, and combat is the ultimate game of "oneupmanship".
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:10:24 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm solid in the 9mm "PCC" crowd.  A braced MPX-K, Scorpion, or Stribog (I've run a bunch thru all 3) with light and T-1 or other nice optic works very well for me out to 75 yards, and does just superbly at those "inside the house" distances.  Better balanced, very compact, smaller / shorter then any AR pistol, easier to move around with, and nowheres near as loud nor as much fire-ball as any 5.56 "pistol".  And PCC are simply extremely handy, easy to shoot weapons.  These are all reasons all sorts of special ops outfits have run "PCC" in building-assault operations for only the last 50 - 60 years or so.

We are talking "Home defense" here, guys. NOT going on a military expedition against some fort or enemy stronghold.  We are talking busting someone who is trying to get into your home and wreck mayhem on you and yours.  We are NOT talking about trying to engage from some set position some approaching armed force at rifle distances.  We are talking addressing that "bump downstairs in the dark of night", NOT responding to the local militia call-up. We are engaging a close-in threat in order to protect your life, NOT trying to engage distant targets running off into the darkness.

That PCC that you are comfy with and can grab and put 30 "anti-invader" pills into readiness with a nice bright light and a CQB optic is a superior tool for the inside and close-proximity night work of the "home invader scenario".

And why does anyone think that armor - hard or soft - is likely to show up on that home-invader?  How many times has that actually ever happened?  I cannot readily identify any such reported case happening in my state (AZ) - ever. Home-invaders - even those with really violent intentions, are NOT Navy SEALS, SAS, GSG, or any other hi-tech, professional, super-trained, armored assault team performing a planned mission.  They are, simply put, fools.  I'm not saying that it CANNOT happen. But home-invaders are generally fools. And as for wearing armor?  Give me a break.  Wear all the plates and padding that you want when you arrive unbidden in my house.  I promise that I'll aim fairly carefully.  I actually PRACTICE around the thought that someone MAY be wearing armor when they arrive.  30 pills - even plain old 115gr FMJ - will be available and deployed "en-mass" to test out just how well that armor protects hands, arms, heads, faces, necks, elbows, knees, ankles, feet. And I won't check after each shot to see if it worked or not before touching off another. And for all those who think that they need a 5.56 rifle to do in a home-invader... Again, we are talking close-in.  A bunch of well-placed 9 will do just fine. Only a fool or a very dedicated super-trooper with a very specific mission enters into an unknown building to assault its unknown occupants. And no "super trooper" is likely to be assaulting my house, and if some do, I'll see them with my bright light and promptly yield them the floor... That leaves likely only the fools.  And I'm reasonably good with a PCC and confident that I can successfully deal with fools.  Even armored ones.    

The bottom line here is that you should by all means run the gun that you do best with and are most comfortable with.  Whatever gun you choose to run in "HD", the real key to success is to make sure of your target and engage it like you mean business.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:20:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In to represent shotgun master race.

View Quote

Agrees in IWI TS12!
It ain’t your grandpappy’s single shot 16ga Fudd gun that is fo sho!

FN509 with RMR is no slouch either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:29:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If this is an apartment or close houses I would use whatever penetrated least.  If neighbors are not an issue use whatever you perform best with.  My .02
View Quote

Username checks out.

But seriously, don't do this. Your and your family's safety comes first over the off minute chance that your round penetrates the walls and hits a neighbor. You need to stop your threat as quickly as possible. Also, look at YouTube videos on these common wall penetration myths.

And to your question directly op...

Practice more with the superior caliber. I'm a badass with a .22lr, but it's not worth the negatives.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:36:03 AM EDT
[#25]
PCCs that do not have some sort of delayed system are pointless IMO. You are often getting the same or in some instances more felt recoil than you would out of an AR. The exceptions to this are guns like the MP5, MPX, Banshee, etc that have a gas or roller delayed blow back system. For me though, for HD my go to is the Beretta 1301 Tactical. Nine rounds of 12ga 8 pellet low recoil flight control 00 is devastating in the HD arena. My plan is not to try to secure the house. We don’t have kids so we are in the bedroom with our two battle pugs. My plan is to camp the hallway to the bed room to the top of the stairs. Anything that tries to make it up the stairs is fucked. Since all my shots will be low, over penetration chances are lessened.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:37:05 AM EDT
[#26]
<- LE firearms instructor

I have many guns and I'm comfortable using any of them.

I keep a full-size 9mm with light handy, and that's what I grab for 95% of "interesting stimuli" or whatever while home.
Reason being I'm more likely to need a free hand than to do any shooting. I'm also super confident in my pistol skills (although this doesn't amplify ballistics obviously).

But if I was disturbed and knew immediately that the problem required shooting, I'm grabbing a SMG or 5.56mm carbine.

Whatever works best for you is probably what you should be using.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is why we practice pelvis shots.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, you never shoot a guy in the dick!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Dude, you never shoot a guy in the dick!
View Quote

Dang adrenaline must've made me pull the shot low.

In seriousness though, if you turn someone's pelvic girdle into powder they're nigh certain to sit right down on their ass regardless of if they're wearing armor, on drugs, or for whatever reason COM hits aren't stopping them in their tracks.

Critical Anatomy: The Pelvis
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If it's what you shoot the best, then party on, Garth. Just be aware of the possibility that home invaders may be wearing soft armor which may defeat your pistol rounds. Not a particularly likely scenario.

A controlled triple tap of 9mm or whatever will ruin anybody's day.
View Quote

I prefer a controlled quinquage-tap;
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#31]
34 rounds of 9mm gold dots in something you shoot well.  I'd be more worried about being sure it is dead nuts reliable than being under gunned.

But, I don't live in Brazil or Russia where I have to be concerned about a 5 man team in full body armor showing up to get my air fryer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Do some reading on terminal ballistics and read reports from ER doctors and coroners.

Most people survive handgun shootings.

Not many people survive rifle shootings.

PCC’s are fun and more accurate than a handgun, but in the end it’s still a pistol caliber.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You should use whatever is reliable and you shoot well.   There is some logic behind standardizing around, say, glock mags and building your home defense around it.  Pistol, carbine and common mags.
View Quote

This is what I just did. I have two CX4 carbines set up with lights, holosun 510C optics and slings. They are so superior in handling to my 16” AR, and so much easier to get hits it’s a true eye opener. But, the #1 advantage of the CX4’s over the AR is that the wife is 1000% better and more comfortable with it. I have a 92X type G on the way for the pistol backup, and already have plenty of 30 and 20 round mags. I’m retiring my 92FS due to no light rail. I’m really happy with this setup, and totally sold on the common mag strategy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Either will do in the home defense role.  It’s highly unlikely that a home invader will think “meh, he’s only shooting me with a PCC.  I’ll stick around and see how this turns out.”

Do you really shoot the PCC measurably better at HD distances?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This is what I just did. I have two CX4 carbines set up with lights, holosun 510C optics and slings. They are so superior in handling to my 16” AR, and so much easier to get hits it’s a true eye opener. But, the #1 advantage of the CX4’s over the AR is that the wife is 1000% better and more comfortable with it. I have a 92X type G on the way for the pistol backup, and already have plenty of 30 and 20 round mags. I’m retiring my 92FS due to no light rail. I’m really happy with this setup, and totally sold on the common mag strategy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should use whatever is reliable and you shoot well.   There is some logic behind standardizing around, say, glock mags and building your home defense around it.  Pistol, carbine and common mags.

IIRC the beretta mags are better than the glock mags but I don't have a lot of experience with either one.   People worry about invaders with body armor but 1) the odds of that are pretty negligible and 2) getting shot in the legs or face will stop pretty much anyone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

IIRC the beretta mags are better than the glock mags but I don't have a lot of experience with either one.   People worry about invaders with body armor but 1) the odds of that are pretty negligible and 2) getting shot in the legs or face will stop pretty much anyone.
View Quote

Rifle rounds do a hell of a lot better job than pistol rounds against non-armored targets as well...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:34:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Home invasions in general are not my top concern in my AO...but bad guys ARE starting to wear body armor a bit more.

https://www.wandtv.com/news/home-invader-arrested-wearing-body-armor-carrying-multiple-guns/article_7273d7ec-6a04-11ea-a1f1-f32b21742f58.html

https://www.vvng.com/6-suspects-with-guns-body-armor-arrested-after-home-invasion-robbery-in-victorville/

If there was only a caliber that had a mild blast, mild recoil, worked great of short barrels, was designed to be used in the AR platform, and delivered a .30 caliber round with more punch that both 5.56 and 9mm.  Even better there was fragmenting round for it that won't go through every house on the block..on and that was an expanding also available that punches though everything.   Hmmmmmm....
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have an AR15 pistol (10.5” barrel) and a PCC (8” barrel), both equipped with Aimpoint CompM5’s. Both are reliable and would make a great home defense weapon. But the PCC is so light, well balanced, and has such a good “feel” that I shoot it better than any other gun I’ve ever shot in my life.
View Quote

If there is really a significant accuracy difference in favor of the PCC, which there shouldn't be for guns this similar, then you should consider other factors. Mainly your eye and ear protection. As that sounds like a classic flinch response from the louder gun with much higher muzzle pressure.

While a can might be a solution, the easiest solution is to obtain proper ear pro for this application, which is high reduction ratio cups contoured for rifle shooting. And goggle style eye pro. The same kit professionals use. It will take two or three seconds to don and if in your home security plan those 3 seconds could make a difference for the worse, you need to address those failures before anything kit related.

Also, you need to understand that the features or properties that make a long gun easy to shoot for accuracy in an untimed (or long timed) string of fire on a range are not that relevant to a HD situation. You will not be carrying the gun for a march or keeping it pointed or at high ready without a supported position for any length of time. You obtain no benefit from having a light gun and take all the penalties that come with it (in terms of recoil control).

A HD rifle should not be an SBR. You want a longer barrel and a heavier weapon. The weight is not a disadvantage when you will not be carrying it anywhere. You should have a sling though to enable easier manipulation of objects with the support hand or with two hands.

It should also be noted that with a rifle (and proper ear pro) you can use an effective muzzle brake (more effective than the PCC) that will also improve your accuracy/speed. Most PCCs also use straight blow back and have a much heavier BCG than a properly tuned AR15 with rifle gas and lightened BCG. The PCC recoil impulse can actually be much worse for accuracy/speed.

The real comparison should be made between a normal/heavy profile rifle that is extremely easy to shoot fast and accurately, and then a PCC. In that comparison the PCC is dog shit even before comparing any ballistics (which favor the rifle even more now that it uses a proper length barrel and uses the gases from the longer cartridge much more effectively).
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:46:55 AM EDT
[#39]
A hit with a PCC is superior to a miss with a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Might  want to delete this pic dude.

that configuration you have is   a no no
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Thank you.
Now I know.

And that's what I will call it.

Pistol caliber carbines have been a thing for close to 100 years , maybe longer than that.
View Quote

I'd say more like 160 years.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#42]
In the real world a rifle doesn't have any significant advantage over a PCC or a shotgun. People here, on a forum dedicated to a particular flavor of rifle happen to favor that rifle. Nor can you dismiss ARFCOMs favorite hobby: tactical LARPing and COSPLAY, which of course favors that particular rifle as well.

In combat, a soldier needs a weapon that will work at any distance at which they might reasonably need to fight. Which is why we give them rifles. The same applies to homeowners and everyone else. They need weapons that will work at the range at which the fight might take place. For the soldier that range is measured in hundreds of yards and self defense considerations are not an issue. For the homeowner that range is almost certainly with tens of yards, with the typical encounter range more easily measured in feet, and justifying self defense is absolutely a consideration.

At these distances a PCC or shotgun is perhaps perfect, as overpenetration with a rifle is absolutely an issue many homeowners need to consider.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:07:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Suppressed 300blk shorty master race
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:29:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Do some reading on terminal ballistics and read reports from ER doctors and coroners.

Most people survive handgun shootings.

Not many people survive rifle shootings.

PCC’s are fun and more accurate than a handgun, but in the end it’s still a pistol caliber.
View Quote

Not to quibble, but have you considered other reasons WHY this might be? For example...

Most people shot with handguns are shot by criminals using whatever ammo they can get their hands on -- probably, for the most part, 9mm ball ammo. The typical street thug isn't hitting the range and practicing, nor is he rocking the latest high-tech wonder round, and if the many videos I have watched are any indication he probably isn't even aiming.

So perhaps it's not a fair point. Perhaps well directed fire, using premium ammunition, at the greater velocities carbines offer, is an entirely different beast than ball ammo from some thug's Hi-Point or Jensen.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:32:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The points about penetration did factor into my thoughts. I figure the best thing I can do to limit undesired penetration into my neighbors’ home is to hit my target. LOL

We are moving from a condo to small single family house. I had a shotgun for home defense at the condo but I have an elbow issue that makes any weapon heavier than 6 lbs and recoil a significant issue. It sucks getting old.
View Quote

Yes, getting old does suck, and I feel your pain. That pretty much cements the fact that you should stick with what feels and shoots the best.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:34:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
A stack of A zone hits with a bunch of 124gr HST is a whole lot better than a bunch of B and C zone hits with 55gr TAP
View Quote

Not if the guy is wearing body armor.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#47]
I am in the "use what you shoot best" group.

But I would figure out why you shoot the PCC better. 5.56 always trumps 45 ACP.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#48]
I use my 16 inch with m193. It is what I shot well and know is reliable.

I have a .300 pistol in the safe but it's new and don't have confidence in it yet and with the ammo situation it seems like it will stay in the safe for some time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
In the real world a rifle doesn't have any significant advantage over a PCC or a shotgun. People here, on a forum dedicated to a particular flavor of rifle happen to favor that rifle. Nor can you dismiss ARFCOMs favorite hobby: tactical LARPing and COSPLAY, which of course favors that particular rifle as well.

In combat, a soldier needs a weapon that will work at any distance at which they might reasonably need to fight. Which is why we give them rifles. The same applies to homeowners and everyone else. They need weapons that will work at the range at which the fight might take place. For the soldier that range is measured in hundreds of yards and self defense considerations are not an issue. For the homeowner that range is almost certainly with tens of yards, with the typical encounter range more easily measured in feet, and justifying self defense is absolutely a consideration.

At these distances a PCC or shotgun is perhaps perfect, as overpenetration with a rifle is absolutely an issue many homeowners need to consider.
View Quote

Now everyone listen up, THIS is how you derp.

Rifle rounds don't have a significant real-world advantage over pistol rounds?  Really?  
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#50]

Dammit, I need a suppressor for my AR-9
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top