Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2020 11:56:27 PM EDT
This is worth your 7 minutes.

History of the Liberty Tree and the birth of the Sons of Liberty.

Throw the guy some likes if you get a chance!

Liberty Tree - The forgotten symbol of the American Revolution.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
It seems time to plant a million liberty trees.

And give them their natural manure.

Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Great video, thanks OP!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem, I enjoy spreading some Liberty History!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Good video; very informative.

The narrator was interesting despite his creepiness.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
We raised holy hell over lost profits and created Merica. Then 230 or so years later we roll over without a fight in exchange for a couple $600.00 checks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We raised holy hell over lost profits and created Merica. Then 230 or so years later we roll over without a fight in exchange for a couple $600.00 checks.
View Quote

Tons of truth there, we have rolled on everything from sales tax to property tax.  Oddly enough, in the show Sleepy Hollow (1st season was good) Ichabod Crane - a time-displaced Revolutionary War hero - hit the nail on the head:

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Tons of truth there, we have rolled on everything from sales tax to property tax.  Oddly enough, in the show Sleepy Hollow (1st season was good) Ichabod Crane - a time-displaced Revolutionary War hero - hit the nail on the head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD0EHX8Bsr4
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a great clip, saving that.

I've discussed some of this at length in some of my youtube videos, though I can't remember which one I go through the Stamp Act, and the whole list of stuff that pissed us off. Also, if you haven't looked at them, take a look at the rest of the Declaration of Independence that contains the 27 grievances, most of which were economic related, and compare to 2020. BTW, we also complained in there that Britain wouldn't let us outlaw or restrict slavery. A little fact hidden by the leftists. Here's one I did on Constitution Day this year. This was a live video, so there's really no production value, lol:

Constitution Day - 1787 vs. 2020 - Freedom is Scary Ep. 14
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm also an amateur history blogger in my spare time. Sort of on the same topic, another similar bit of American history which is underrated, is Bacon's Rebellion. Here's a blog post I did on it:

https://scavengeology.com/the-first-american-revolution-100-years-before-1776-as-told-by-an-eyewitness-in-1705-bacons-rebellion/
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Very cool find

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:02:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I forgot about that show! I used to watch every episode. It was entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:14:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I forgot about that show! I used to watch every episode. It was entertaining.
View Quote

I can't remember when it was... but around the 2nd season they decided that Mills went to the FBI academy and became an agent and was assigned under the supervision of her classmate that was so good he was promoted to supervisor and both sent to Sleep Hollow Resident Agency... after that it just went off the rails....  we quit watching it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm also an amateur history blogger in my spare time. Sort of on the same topic, another similar bit of American history which is underrated, is Bacon's Rebellion. Here's a blog post I did on it:

https://scavengeology.com/the-first-american-revolution-100-years-before-1776-as-told-by-an-eyewitness-in-1705-bacons-rebellion/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Great info!

Its amazing that the whole racial segregation "divide and conquor" scheme goes back to the British Virginia Slave Codes of 1705

The British not only disarmed blacks, regardless of free status, but
It also served to socially segregate white colonists from black slaves making them disparate groups hindering their ability to unite. A unity of the commoners was a perceived fear of the Virginia aristocracy which had to be addressed, and who wished to prevent a repeat of events such as Bacon's Rebellion, occurring 29 years prior.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Wonderful, educational thread.  Thank you.

I should hang out in this forum more often.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It seems time to plant a million liberty trees.

And give them their natural manure.

Thanks for posting.
View Quote

Not sure if millions of guilded cage dwellers are interested.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Danke Graugheist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top