BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

See post above.  I can't figure out how to establish communication.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares what she says?  What does he say?    I don't see how she has any say in the matter unless he allows it.

See post above.  I can't figure out how to establish communication.

"Hi there, Dad's Wife.  Would you put Dad on the phone?  I called to say hi."
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
you can always call in a welfare check and tell them you haven't been able to reach your father and you fear for his safety.  That might get you on the phone with him.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck that bitch.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"Hi there, Dad's Wife.  Would you put Dad on the phone?  I called to say hi."
View Quote

Discussed this with my wife.  

The current plan is to take a vacation nearby over Thanksgiving, make a similar call to alert dad but in position to be at front door much sooner than expected.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
New wife at 87?

oof....

View Quote

I'd like to think the men in my family are that attractive to women but...

They've been married since about 1973...

I meant "new" as in "not my mom".  Poor wording on my part.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
New wife at 87?

oof....

Is this new wife an overall good thing for him or is she just there to loot and wants to keep most family at bay while she does?

Me,  I'd have ZERO issues being resourceful enough to be able to present the documentation she may be wanting to see in order to see my father,  I'd do it with a smile because that cunt is not going to keep my from my father nor force me into a medical decision I've no desire to make.

Neither the smile nor the documentation need be sincere...
View Quote

Integrity is important to me.  I have to agree with you though.  People have lost their minds and I am increasingly comfortable with saying screw it when dealing with clown world problems.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Discussed this with my wife.  

The current plan is to take a vacation nearby over Thanksgiving, make a similar call to alert dad but in position to be at front door much sooner than expected.
View Quote

It’s a shame you have to take such extreme measures, but you’re in a shitty situation.

Have you ever heard, from him directly, what his opinion on the matter is?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
... I get vaccinated.

For his safety.

My vaccinated 1/2 brother is welcome and safe to see him.
View Quote

If they believe the vax works, why would they care if someone else was vaxed as long as they are, if it doesn't work, what difference does it make? People are idiots.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Integrity is important to me.  I have to agree with you though.  People have lost their minds and I am increasingly comfortable with saying screw it when dealing with clown world problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New wife at 87?

oof....

Is this new wife an overall good thing for him or is she just there to loot and wants to keep most family at bay while she does?

Me,  I'd have ZERO issues being resourceful enough to be able to present the documentation she may be wanting to see in order to see my father,  I'd do it with a smile because that cunt is not going to keep my from my father nor force me into a medical decision I've no desire to make.

Neither the smile nor the documentation need be sincere...

I have zero problems with lying to that cunt , however, I wouldn’t lie simply because nobody , and I mean nobody would stop me from seeing my parent(s) because they’re a fucking lunatic .

Same with those fucks at the nursing homes , I may end the day in jail, but by God I would see my parent if they were in one .

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Your dad is 87 with health issues, and the pandemic is still sizzling.

Go see him. You’ll be glad you did, and you’ll regret it if you don’t.

Some day soon you will wake up and it will be too late.

Take precautions so that he doesn’t end up coughing himself to death because of you.
View Quote

You want to explain this (assuming you're not trolling which I think you are in these threads), if the father is vaxed and the vax works, what does he have to worry about and why would it matter whether someone else was vaxed or not for the father's health, if if doesn't work why would it make any difference whether someone else was vaxed or not?????
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#11]
My dad's new wife (really new - within the last 2 years) managed to drive a wedge between him and us kids, just like she did in her last 4 marriages. He refuses to talk to any of us, and wants all communication to go through her. I don't care how much of it was her idea, or what kind of pressure she put on him, at the end of the day he's a grown man who let his new woman destroy the relationship with his children. I'm not going to fight her for his attention. He's demonstrated where we rank in his life.

Sounds like your dad made his choice. Don't beat yourself up over it, and don't waste time fighting for a relationship that only one of you wants.

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You want to explain this (assuming you're not trolling which I think you are in these threads), if the father is vaxed and the vax works, what does he have to worry about and why would it matter whether someone else was vaxed or not for the father's health, if if doesn't work why would it make any difference whether someone else was vaxed or not?????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take precautions so that he doesn’t end up coughing himself to death because of you.

This is a strange vax in that its ineffective at stopping the spread of Rona unless everyone is vaccinated...in which case it still won't stop the spread but hopefully we don't get as sick?

As far as vaccines go this one really sucks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in the same boat except it's convenient as my dad has narcissistic personality disorder and the only one who really cares to see the new grandkid is his wife who said we can't visit. I've been planning on getting the Novavax vaccine if it's ever released but I won't tell them if I do.

I hope you can work it out where you can see your dad OP.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Life is certainly a 'choose yer own adventure'
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#15]
My guess is she is updating the will, and will write you out of it too. Since, she is cutting you out from seeing him and possibly intervening on his behalf. If you love your Dad, your probably saying that dont matter, but dont let her do that to him and you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My guess is she is updating the will, and will write you out of it too. Since, she is cutting you out from seeing him and possibly intervening on his behalf. If you love your Dad, your probably saying that dont matter, but dont let her do that to him and you.
View Quote

Did you notice that his dad and the “new” wife have been married almost 50 years? Who do you think should be the primary beneficiary?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Didnt see it, op made it seem new as recent. See it now mentioned in second page, missed it. Still, by other op posts, sounds like she is controlling everything, since they are being ostracized. Also, my post didnt say she shouldn't be taken care of, either. But mainly, it bullshit to be keeping dad from first kid, and if she is willing to do that, then likelihood of other stuff should be considered.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Why did your dad marry someone that’s mentally ill?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
She's right.  Don't put your dad in the position of telling you to stay away.
View Quote

Avatar and screen name are appropriate.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Didnt see it, op made it seem new as recent. See it now mentioned in second page, missed it. Still, by other op posts, sounds like she is controlling everything, since they are being ostracized. Also, my post didnt say she shouldn't be taken care of, either. But mainly, it bullshit to be keeping dad from first kid, and if she is willing to do that, then likelihood of other stuff should be considered.
View Quote

Sounds like she is acting like his wife.

OP should get vaccinated or not as he chooses. The one thing he should not do is pretend to be vaccinated to see his dad. I can only imagine how I would feel if I lied about Covid and thought that I gave it to my 80+ year old father. I don’t wish that on anyone. Not even the worst never vaxxers here deserves that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Pics of new stepmom?  

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

OP should get vaccinated or not as he chooses. The one thing he should not do is pretend to be vaccinated to see his dad. I can only imagine how I would feel if I lied about Covid and thought that I gave it to my 80+ year old father. I don’t wish that on anyone. Not even the worst never vaxxers here deserves that.
View Quote

It doesn't prevent you from spreading anything.  All it does is reduce the severity.

If anything, you're just more likely to be an asymptomatic carrier who doesn't know they're sick.

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Immediate annulment
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My wife hasn't hugged her 90 year old parents for almost 2 years now.
When we go visit, we stand outside of the kitchen window and talk through a cell phone.
We live in AZ, so it's so much fun to have to do this during the summer.
We are all vaccinated.
My guess is that this is how it's going to be up until the funerals.
View Quote

This is a high resolution image of insanity.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My wife hasn't hugged her 90 year old parents for almost 2 years now.
When we go visit, we stand outside of the kitchen window and talk through a cell phone.
We live in AZ, so it's so much fun to have to do this during the summer.
We are all vaccinated.
My guess is that this is how it's going to be up until the funerals.
View Quote

At 90, they're already on the way out. You don't even have to have anything wrong with you.  You can just kill over from old age at that point.

You're going to spend the very little time you likely have left all alone and separated from your family?

Is that even a life worth living?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#27]
The world is just insane now.  

Go see your father.   Wash your hands and don't see him if you feel sick.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are more likely to spread it with the vaccine. Keep spreading the lie.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It doesn't prevent you from spreading anything.  All it does is reduce the severity.

If anything, you're just more likely to be an asymptomatic carrier who doesn't know they're sick.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn’t matter if the vaccine provides perfect or even any protection. They are willing to accept the risk THEY perceive associated with being close to someone who is vaccinated. They are not willing to accept the risk THEY associate with having unvaccinated visitors. It is not about you, it is about them.

I remember a big budget movie based on a best selling book. Maybe you heard of The Ten Commandments. Doesn’t one of the commandments say something about your parents? I don’t think it said you should lie to them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Immediate annulment
View Quote

After 50 years?

How about a very late term abortion?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please quote a reputable source.

You are spreading CCP misinformation.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what exact and/or different precautions does he need to take than someone who is vaxxed and can still contract and spread the virus? Please answer this.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Best Advice in the entire thread right there ...

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The vaccine doesn’t prevent infection or transmission.

Don’t be stupid.
View Quote

It's not a vaccine. It's a flu shot.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It doesn’t matter if the vaccine provides perfect or even any protection. They are willing to accept the risk THEY perceive associated with being close to someone who is vaccinated. They are not willing to accept the risk THEY associate with having unvaccinated visitors. It is not about you, it is about them.

I remember a big budget movie based on a best selling book. Maybe you heard of The Ten Commandments. Doesn’t one of the commandments say something about your parents? I don’t think it said you should lie to them.
View Quote

Never implied you should lie.  I was pointing out the flawed logic.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Goto visit and take a shit in her purse?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry I misunderstood you. We are in agreement on that much.

At least one person has said to lie to his parents. For some reason, they believe that there view of the vaccines allow them to disrespect at least tge wife’s opinion of being vaccinated.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It’s a shame you have to take such extreme measures, but you’re in a shitty situation.

Have you ever heard, from him directly, what his opinion on the matter is?
View Quote

Don't really want to put him in a position where he's having a "blink twice for yes" conversation in front of his wife or with her sitting beside him while he's on the phone.  It has been a solid marriage...
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Smile & wink at her as you walk through the door... Give her the ole "Whatever you say" as you stroll in to see your Father.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
... I get vaccinated.

For his safety.

My vaccinated 1/2 brother is welcome and safe to see him.
View Quote

Elder abuse.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What does your father say?  Who cares what she says.
View Quote

This.

If your father goes along with her bullshit then he picked the new cock socket over you. Disown him and move on.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

At least one person has said to lie to his parents. For some reason, they believe that there view of the vaccines allow them to disrespect at least tge wife’s opinion of being vaccinated.
View Quote

The wife’s opinion is not about vaccination.

The wife’s opinion is that OP is not allowed to visit his father until he is. That is not her decision to make, and is an opinion that absolutely should flagrantly and aggressively disrespected both in public and in private.

Public shaming for what she’s doing is entirely appropriate.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The wife's opinion is not about vaccination.

The wife's opinion is that OP is not allowed to visit his father until he is. That is not her decision to make, and is an opinion that absolutely should flagrantly and aggressively disrespected both in public and in private.

Public shaming for what she's doing is entirely appropriate.
View Quote
Pretty much. They're probably both old at this point anyways. Which means OP should spend as much time with his dad as he can, and on the flip side it means there's only a short time to put up with "you're not my real mom"
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The wife’s opinion is that OP is not allowed to visit his father until he is. That is not her decision to make, and is an opinion that absolutely should flagrantly and aggressively disrespected both in public and in private.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP’s stepmother is doing what she thinks is best to protect her husband of fifty years. My opinion and your opinion are not important. Her opinion is. I feel sorry for people who cannot understand that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

OP's stepmother is doing what she thinks is best to protect her husband of fifty years. My opinion and your opinion are not important. Her opinion is. I feel sorry for people who cannot understand that.
View Quote
We can understand it. But it's up to the dad anyways. So screw her opinion too.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Sounds like she’s not a gold digger.

Just a controller.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP's stepmother is doing what she thinks is best to protect her husband of fifty years. My opinion and your opinion are not important. Her opinion is. I feel sorry for people who cannot understand that.

It is up to the dad. Do you actually think that he ignore her? If you do, I have several bridges just outside of Chicago that I am willing to sell at a good price.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It is the up to the dad. Do you actually think that he ignore her? If you do, I have several bridges just outside of Chicago tgat ibam willing to sell at a good price.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is the up to the dad. Do you actually think that he ignore her? If you do, I have several bridges just outside of Chicago tgat ibam willing to sell at a good price.  
Does your wife decide who can visit you? Which son no less
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

OP’s stepmother is doing what she thinks is best to protect her husband of fifty years. My opinion and your opinion are not important. Her opinion is. I feel sorry for people who cannot understand that.
View Quote

The reasons she’s doing it are not relevant.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top