Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2021 12:45:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to rent a high speed camera. Is there any places you'd guys recommend? Is there a good resource anyone could recommend.

Need it for a week to video projectiles hitting body armor. Thinking 50,000 fps range. But the more the merrier.

Any help / advice / insight is appreciated.
View Quote

I looked into renting a Phantom awhile back for a project. Rental was kind of pricy but actually using the damn things and getting footage out was more involved than we were willing to deal with. May be worth finding a local owner/operator and working out a deal.

Bunch of them for rent here: https://www.sharegrid.com/products/1465-phantom-high-speed-flex4k/rent
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:47:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure your lights are on point…

Edit: I work with a high speed cam on occasion. They require a ton of light… While I haven’t been able to test this for sure, from what I’ve seen, even an overcast day might require cranking ISO into very visible realms. (We shoot indoors in controlled conditions, obviously)
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Glazer’s camera is the rental spot in WA. Rent on a Friday and you get the rest of the weekend free, or at least that used to be the deal
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Glazer’s camera is the rental spot in WA. Rent on a Friday and you get the rest of the weekend free, or at least that used to be the deal
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top