Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2020 2:45:50 AM EDT
Female shooter here, just wanted to introduce myself to any ladies here. I was at lobby day in Richmond and vcdl protest against bloomsburg at Main Street station in Richmond. I’m very 2a and want to offer my help to the cause.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:18:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPK] [#1]
Welcome.

I live north of you across the River.

My wife is a casual shooter, but enjoys it when I can get her out shooting. Still trying to get my now 23 daughter more interested. Any ideas on that?

(My now 20yr old son is an avid hunter and shooter. Pic in avatar.)

JPK

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:22:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi @crzyginger, I’m a new female member as well. It’s nice to meet you! I hope you had fun in Richmond today, or yesterday I guess it is now lol

I used to live in Va (Colonial Heights) and I graduated from VCU so I’m quite familiar with the area. It’s nice to see another girl in here. Welcome!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:25:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPK] [#3]
Welcome too, Snow-Ball.

Lady shooters are not uncommon here, but we need more!

JPK
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:30:20 AM EDT
[#4]
That’s great to learn, @JPK. And thank you!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice to “meet” everyone. I am also a fellow VCU grad!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Great to see ladies getting involved into the sport/hobby and supporting the 2nd Amendment.

Welcome to the site.

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome Ladies/girls!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome aboard and thanks for your support at lobby day . North Chesterfield here.
Were you at the pre kick off dinner?
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By snow_ball:
Hi @crzyginger, I’m a new female member as well. It’s nice to meet you! I hope you had fun in Richmond today, or yesterday I guess it is now lol

I used to live in Va (Colonial Heights) and I graduated from VCU so I’m quite familiar with the area. It’s nice to see another girl in here. Welcome!!
View Quote

welcome to the new ladies.  While I am not a lady I also lived in Richmond for about decade and went to VCU.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BIG-DUKE-6:
Welcome aboard and thanks for your support at lobby day . North Chesterfield here.
Were you at the pre kick off dinner?
View Quote

I was at capital ale house for the dinner the night before lobby day!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

welcome to the new ladies.  While I am not a lady I also lived in Richmond for about decade and went to VCU.
View Quote

Thank you, @DV8EDD! It’s great to see another VCU alum in here. Some of my best memories were made hanging out in Richmond. I too am in NC now lol, small world!

Anyway, thank you for the super nice welcome!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#12]
It’s so nice to see so many VCU people here, especially another lady. Thanks to you all for being so welcoming!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Thank you, @DV8EDD! It’s great to see another VCU alum in here. Some of my best memories were made hanging out in Richmond. I too am in NC now lol, small world!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@snow_ball same here, many great memories there.  It's been many years since I lived there but my wife and I stopped in to eat at Mamma Zu a couple years ago when we were driving through.  Missed that place so much, it inspired me to get into cooking which is still a main hobby outside of firearms.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#14]

@snow_ball same here, many great memories there.  It's been many years since I lived there but my wife and I stopped in to eat at Mamma Zu a couple years ago when we were driving through.  Missed that place so much, it inspired me to get into cooking which is still a main hobby outside of firearms.
View Quote

It’s so unfortunate to see what’s happened to Richmond since June. Despite everything, Richmond is an amazing city and it’s so hard to see the destruction of history here.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Wow @DV8EDD! That is fantastic for you and your wife! What a great time you guys must have had! Mamma Zu lol omg lol I had forgotten about that place. The food was always amazing.

I used to go to the Village Cafe on Grace Street and study for exams. My friends and I would go to the Village sometimes Friday or Saturday night before going dancing in Shockoe Bottom lol really great times!

That’s so awesome for you and your wife. What great memories!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Crzyginger:

It’s so unfortunate to see what’s happened to Richmond since June. Despite everything, Richmond is an amazing city and it’s so hard to see the destruction of history here.
View Quote

I haven’t been to Richmond in some time now, but I would certainly hate to see parts of it destroyed. It’s got some bad areas, no doubt but it’s so full of history. At least it used to be. Stay safe @Crzyginger and I hope you still find things to enjoy there!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Wow @DV8EDD! That is fantastic for you and your wife! What a great time you guys must have had! Mamma Zu lol omg lol I had forgotten about that place. The food was always amazing.

I used to go to the Village Cafe on Grace Street and study for exams. My friends and I would go to the Village sometimes Friday or Saturday night before going dancing in Shockoe Bottom lol really great times!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@snow_ball Small world, I spent hours and hours in Village.  I had multiple apartments across the Fan, three were on Grace so we were in there all the time.  If you were in that area around 1995 and ever saw a guy on a blue and white motorcycle doing wheelies, it was me.  Neighbors hated me.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

agree its really sad t see these things in the news.  my first apartment was on monument ave, what a beautiful street.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 8:51:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snow_ball] [#19]

@snow_ball Small world, I spent hours and hours in Village.  I had multiple apartments across the Fan, three were on Grace so we were in there all the time.  If you were in that area around 1995 and ever saw a guy on a blue and white motorcycle doing wheelies, it was me.  Neighbors hated me.
View Quote

LOL omg that’s awesome! I do remember seeing a motorcycle always parked out front so you never know, it could have been you!
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#20]

It's so unfortunate to see what's happened to Richmond since June. Despite everything, Richmond is an amazing city and it's so hard to see the destruction of history here.
View Quote
Welcome. I live in the west end and agreed on what has happened here since June.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#21]
And,...why do guys hang out in the girly section,...
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Iamhere:
And,...why do guys hang out in the girly section,...
View Quote

We show up in active topics.  

We have to deal with the negative of that sometimes though...
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top