Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2020 10:46:50 PM EDT
Using your Bible, lets follow some logic here...

Humanity exists for a good 2 million years++, and then suddenly "God" decides to send a message to the Jews. But that didn't work, because the creator of the universe must have a speech impediment and can't seem to pull off his rules quite well enough that people can follow them. So he comes to Earth personally to set it straight.  Okay...

But... While he's here, he imparts NO worldly wisdom whatsoever that the people of the era didn't already know.  As an example... He never mentions bacteria, washing, basic hygiene, pasteurization, sterilization, etc...

In fact, Jesus does exactly the opposite. He actually tells the disciples they don't have to wash their hands before they eat (which was at that time a cultural thing, not a hygiene thing).

So a supposed "Loving God" comes to Earth, and fails to mention the SIMPLE thing that (according to the CDC) killed a full 50% of ALL of humanity before they turned 20!

That's your loving God??

Please explain how this makes sense, not just to a Christian; but to ANYONE?

++ So it's not a sticking point, for the sake of facilitating the discussion, I'm willing to concede to ANY length of time you want to try to justify.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
lol...
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]
In before halal and kosher
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Truly truly I say to you, the OP is here to troll.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Never realized I needed to explain my faith to anyone.

Quit trolling.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#5]
He came to save souls, not bodies.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ll pray for you OP.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Obvious troll is obvious.  Feed not the troll, do.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Humanity exists for a good 2 million years++, and then suddenly "God" decides to send a message to the Jews. But that didn't work, because the creator of the universe must have a speech impediment and can't seem to pull off his rules quite well enough that people can follow them. So he comes to Earth personally to set it straight.  Okay...

But... While he's here, he imparts NO worldly wisdom whatsoever that the people of the era didn't already know.  As an example... He never mentions bacteria, washing, basic hygiene, pasteurization, sterilization, etc...

In fact, Jesus does exactly the opposite. He actually tells the disciples they don't have to wash their hands before they eat (which was at that time a cultural thing, not a hygiene thing).

So a supposed "Loving God" comes to Earth, and fails to mention the SIMPLE thing that (according to the CDC) killed a full 50% of ALL of humanity before they turned 20!

That's your loving God??

++ So it's not a sticking point, for the sake of facilitating the discussion, I'm willing to concede to ANY length of time you want to try to justify.
View Quote
Weakest bait ever. Dang.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's your loving God??

View Quote
Humanity didn't exist "for a good 2 million years"....That's the first great lie of satan.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#14]
So this epiphany came to you all sudden then ?

Deploy the downrigger
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Truly truly I say to you, the OP is here to troll.
View Quote
/thread
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#17]
You haven't read any of the laws in the old testament.

They are heavily based on hygiene.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Who locked it in GD and moved it here?

It was a GD thread originally. (I think)

Off to check timing.

I lasted about seven minutes in GD.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Using your Bible, lets follow some logic here...Humanity exists for a good 2 million years++, and then suddenly "God" decides to send a message to the Jews. But that didn't work, because the creator of the universe must have a speech impediment and can't seem to pull off his rules quite well enough that people can follow them. So he comes to Earth personally to set it straight.  Okay...

In fact, Jesus does exactly the opposite. He actually tells the disciples they don't have to wash their hands before they eat (which was at that time a cultural thing, not a hygiene thing).So a supposed "Loving God" comes to Earth, and fails to mention the SIMPLE thing that (according to the CDC) killed a full 50% of ALL of humanity before they turned 20!

That's your loving God??

Please explain how this makes sense, not just to a Christian; but to ANYONE?++ So it's not a sticking point, for the sake of facilitating the discussion, I'm willing to concede to ANY length of time you want to try to justify.
View Quote
Your understanding of the things of God will stay limited and adversarial until you can understand 1st Corinthians 2:14. Good luck.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You haven't read any of the laws in the old testament.

They are heavily based on hygiene.
View Quote
Quarantine:  the exclusion of lepers.

Awareness of transmission:  the leper had to cover his mouth with his hand and yell

Unclean, unclean! if approaching other people.  Anyone who touched a corpse

was declared unclean and had to be cleansed.  The waters they used were the ashes

of a red bull and cedar wood (lye soap), hyssop (thymol used today in mouthwashes)

and wool (scouring agent).

But I guess that doesn't count.

Look at it this way.  Modern hygiene will make sure people are very clean in Hell.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Look, I realize you hate Christianity for some reason. But those laws that were written down what, 3,000 years before germ theory have a lot of "helpful hints" for avoiding spread of germs.

Maybe that's a coincidence. I doubt it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#26]
My mistake, and my apologies

This forum is not where I posted this.

I didn't realize there was a "Religion" sub-forum, and that said forum was Christians Only.

Given my intent was NOT to post in this forum in the first place, please accept my apology.

Please ignore this post...

Or for those who just can't help themselves...continue to belittle, berate, and call me names...You know, the Christian thing to do.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I didn't realize there was a "Religion" sub-forum, and that said forum was Christians Only.

Given my intent was NOT to post in this forum in the first place, please accept my apology.

Or for those who just can't help themselves...continue to belittle, berate, and call me names...You know, the Christian thing to do.
View Quote
So you're ignoring the actual responses to your post?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last post...

Yes, I am.  I did not intend to post in this forum.  Immediately there's what, 10 people who call me a troll.  So it seems to me that I'm acting like a troll, and that was not my intent.

So I'm not going to continue with this thread because if it goes sideways, what are the first things the moderators are going to see...and I'll be banned from ARFCOM.  My intent was not to troll....Ya'll have CLEARLY pointed out that I'm trolling; so I'm KNOCKING THAT SHIT OFF!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Last post...

Yes, I am.  I did not intend to post in this forum.  Immediately there's what, 10 people who call me a troll.  So it seems to me that I'm acting like a troll, and that was not my intent.

So I'm not going to continue with this thread because if it goes sideways, what are the first things the moderators are going to see...and I'll be banned from ARFCOM.  My intent was not to troll....Ya'll have CLEARLY pointed out that I'm trolling; so I'm KNOCKING THAT SHIT OFF!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last post...

Well. Bye then.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Why do you get so worked up about a god you claim doesn't exist? You are free to not believe.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:22:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm glad your heart is searching for Jesus. That is the only explanation when you make remarks like this. It is not that you don't believe in God. It is that you hate God and want to know why He does what He does. I can tell you, I have been a follower of Christ for a few years now and I still don't know why He does what He does. All I can tell you is I have a deeper level of peace I never knew existed until I gave my life to the Lord.

I've talked to a lot of people in your shoes. Some went about their merry way. Others, prayed a prayer with me that changed their lives forever. If you want to talk about it, IM me and I'll give you my cell number. You can call me and chat about it.

VR,
Nerdy, Misunderstood Christ Follower
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Troll gonna troll

Thankfully, God cares more about where we spend eternity over lessons on washing hands or brushing teeth. Praying God turns the trolling into real searching for important answers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#33]
God loves you so much he sent his only son to die for you OP
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:17:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm glad your heart is searching for Jesus. That is the only explanation when you make remarks like this. It is not that you don't believe in God. It is that you hate God and want to know why He does what He does. I can tell you, I have been a follower of Christ for a few years now and I still don't know why He does what He does. All I can tell you is I have a deeper level of peace I never knew existed until I gave my life to the Lord.

I've talked to a lot of people in your shoes. Some went about their merry way. Others, prayed a prayer with me that changed their lives forever. If you want to talk about it, IM me and I'll give you my cell number. You can call me and chat about it.

VR,
Nerdy, Misunderstood Christ Follower
View Quote
Amen.
That is a loving response.
Talk to this guy, OP.

You’re also free to contact me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:13:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Troll thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top