Attachment Attached File

2) Who do most scholars think he is?

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Tick tock!!!

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The garden of Gethsemane in the Mark account with the young man who slipped out of his linen garment running away.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The garden of Gethsemane in the Mark account with the young man who slipped out of his blood garment running away.
View Quote

2) Now...who do most scholars think he is....?

and the hidden #3)

Why was he probably there?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The garden of Gethsemane in the Mark account with the young man who slipped out of his linen garment running away.
View Quote
Not the first page!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not the first page!
View Quote

This isn't gd bud.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it Mark?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#7]
John Mark in Gethsemane !
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

2) Now...who do most scholars think he is....?

and the hidden #3)

Why was he probably there?
View Quote

I won't answer #2 as I had to Duckduckgo it.  There is an interesting catholic answers article on it. Bishop Barron had a very an interesting take on it a couple weeks ago during his Palm Sunday homily.  He said regardless of  who it really was historically, the Greek word for the linen garment is sindona which was the white linen baptismal garment of the early church, and thus the young man represents all of us when we abandon our baptismal promises forsaking Christ, but then Bishop Barron finds the same young man wearing a sindona at the tomb wearing a sindona announcing the good news of Jesus' resurrection, which again represents us having recovered our baptismal promises in the good news of the resurrection, now declaring the good news to others.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, young John Mark.

He ran away nekkid!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
John Mark in Gethsemane !
View Quote

lots of guys got it....but now

Why was he most likely there?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Because he was awakened by noise of the mob trudging thru the Jewish neighbors on the way to the garden?  John Mark lived with his mommy , after all.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Because he was awakened by noise of the mob trudging thru the Jewish neighbors on the way to the garden?  John Mark lived with his mommy , after all.
View Quote

Nailed it!!!

KEEP THIS GOING GUYS!

Someone pick another trivia question
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Which two of the original 12 disciples were disciples of another teacher prior to being called by Yeshua?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Which two of the original 12 disciples were disciples of another teacher prior to being called by Yeshua?
View Quote

James and John who were disciples of St. John the Baptist.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Andrew I think was one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#16]
John and Andrew.

I liked the reference Simon Peter makes in the first episode of the chosen to Andrew about his “bug eating friend”.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok, so whoever won gets to post the next trivia fact.

Who won?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ok, so whoever won gets to post the next trivia fact.

Who won?
View Quote

I'm running away nekkid!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Gah! I always forget about Andrew.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
1) Who knows the verse that this pic depicts:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/266262/csm_the_naked_man_-1532431291_a652743392-1901151.JPG

2) Who do most scholars think he is?

View Quote

Did anyone see Judas betraying Jesus with a kiss? or Peter knife in hand and the guy bleeding from the ear?
Matt 26: 48-52
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Gah! I always forget about Andrew.
View Quote

Poor Andy! LOL
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm running away nekkid!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll go again I guess!

Attachment Attached File

1) Who knows the verse that this pic depicts?
2) Who are present? (names)
3) And who painted it?!

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'll go again I guess!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/266262/il_1588xN_2252962141_dlke_jpg-1901520.JPG

1) Who knows the verse that this pic depicts?
2) Who are present? (names)
3) And who painted it?!

View Quote

John 20:27-29
"...Then He *said to Thomas, “Place your finger here, and see My hands; and take your hand and put it into My side; and do not continue in disbelief, but be a believer.” 28Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 29Jesus *said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you now believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Thomas is the only one explicitly mentioned, though I believe all the disciples were present. There is another verse somewhere, or the painter chose 2 disciples for some reason. No idea who painted it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m going to guess the other two are Simon Peter in the back and John in the middle.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
John 20:27-29
"...Then He *said to Thomas, “Place your finger here, and see My hands; and take your hand and put it into My side; and do not continue in disbelief, but be a believer.” 28Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 29Jesus *said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you now believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’m going to guess the other two are Simon Peter in the back and John in the middle.
View Quote

WOW!!! Spot on!

Now, the answer comes from the painter who painted it. Still, I guess you could search more in scripture.

So.......who painted it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Fun trivia, some Protestant theologians don’t think Thomas actually probed the Lord’s spear wound as the text doesn’t explicitly say that (though it certainly is implied).  Jesus says Thomas “sees and believes”, not “feels and believes”.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

WOW!!! Spot on!

Now, the answer comes from the painter who painted it. Still, I guess you could search more in scripture.

So.......who painted it?
View Quote

I have no idea.  Unless it’s one of the famous pieces by the ninja turtles, I’m clueless.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have no idea.  Unless it’s one of the famous pieces by the ninja turtles, I’m clueless.
View Quote

Nope, not one of the Ninja Turtles, but from the same time period, roughly.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Caravaggio - The Incredulity of Saint Thomas
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Caravaggio - The Incredulity of Saint Thomas
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Your turn wtfboombrb!!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Bible verse?

Artist?

I suspect it's easy for this crowd. It also might not be Biblically correct, but the verse is somewhat ambiguous.

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bible verse?

Artist?

I suspect it's easy for this crowd. It also might not be Biblically correct, but the verse is somewhat ambiguous.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369185/1618194820911-1779294290-1901675.jpg

View Quote

Exodus 2:5-10?
His sister stationed herself at a distance to find out what would happen to him. 5 Then Pharaoh’s daughter came down to bathe at the Nile, while her attendants walked along the bank of the Nile. Noticing the basket among the reeds, she sent her handmaid to fetch it. 6 On opening it, she looked, and there was a baby boy crying! She was moved with pity for him and said, “It is one of the Hebrews’ children.” 7 Then his sister asked Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and summon a Hebrew woman to nurse the child for you?”
8 Pharaoh’s daughter answered her, “Go.” So the young woman went and called the child’s own mother. 9 Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this child and nurse him for me, and I will pay your wages.”* So the woman took the child and nursed him. 10 When the child grew,* she brought him to Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son.c She named him Moses; for she said, “I drew him out of the water.”

Pharaoh's daughter presenting Moses to Pharaoh?

I have NO IDEA on the artist.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I’m going with Solomon and the cut the baby in half
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

His sister stationed herself at a distance to find out what would happen to him. 5 Then Pharaoh’s daughter came down to bathe at the Nile, while her attendants walked along the bank of the Nile. Noticing the basket among the reeds, she sent her handmaid to fetch it. 6 On opening it, she looked, and there was a baby boy crying! She was moved with pity for him and said, “It is one of the Hebrews’ children.” 7 Then his sister asked Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and summon a Hebrew woman to nurse the child for you?”
8 Pharaoh’s daughter answered her, “Go.” So the young woman went and called the child’s own mother. 9 Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this child and nurse him for me, and I will pay your wages.”* So the woman took the child and nursed him. 10 When the child grew,* she brought him to Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son.c She named him Moses; for she said, “I drew him out of the water.”

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bible verse?

Artist?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369185/1618194820911-1779294290-1901675.jpg

Yes on the Bible verse.

Moïse enfant présenté à Pharaon - Victor Orsel, ca 1830
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yes on the Bible verse.

View Quote

I never had a chance with the painting!

LOL!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:28:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

LOL!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes on the Bible verse.

LOL!

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your turn again, and I'll try tomorrow if some of these other dudes don't beat me to it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Your turn again, and I'll try tomorrow if some of these other dudes don't beat me to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need to hit the sack. Have a good night.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:47:34 AM EDT
[#43]

This one is not going to be easy!

Luke 2:22-32?
25 Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him. 26 It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. 27 Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, 28 Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying:

29 “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,
   you may now dismiss[c] your servant in peace.
30 For my eyes have seen your salvation,
31     which you have prepared in the sight of all nations:
32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles,
   and the glory of your people Israel.”
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

25 Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him. 26 It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. 27 Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, 28 Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is a difficult one, and your posted verses seem to fit. The painting is apparently a composite of events. Wiki and other resources speculate, and are worth a look.

Adoration of The Magi - Leonardo da Vinci.

Just found a pic taken after the painting's restoration.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#45]

Alright, now let's see what this one is all about.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Mark 1:12-13?
The Temptation of Jesus. 12 At once the Spirit drove him out into the desert, 13 and he remained in the desert for forty days, tempted by Satan. He was among wild beasts, and the angels ministered to him.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The Temptation of Jesus. 12 At once the Spirit drove him out into the desert, 13 and he remained in the desert for forty days, tempted by Satan. He was among wild beasts, and the angels ministered to him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice try, but no. It will make sense once you get it. Have to leave now in order to please my employer. Have a Blessed day!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all give witness.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all give witness.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Wow, really!?

I never had a chance...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top