Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2020 8:41:39 AM EDT
My VA phone appointment has yet to be started. What did you think I was coming next?

Anyway...

I was supposed to have my yearly in-depth eye exam at the VA hospital first thing this morning. Last week I got a call from the eye clinic saying my appointment has been cancelled due to the VA's decision to keep clamping down due to 'rona.

Instead, I am going to have a phone appointment with the eye doctor. [Brett]What?[/Brett]

Totally unnecessary. I already told the tech who called that I am experiencing no problems/issues with my vision.

Have no idea why this needs to go any further than it has. But it do.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I had something similar. VA nurse said to keep appointments so you stay in the system!?  Catch 22 type problem.  If you read the book remember an appointment with Major Major Major.  You can only see him when he is not in.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
An optometrist did eventually call. The "appointment" lasted all of about 2 minutes. I reported I had no vision problems, my eyeglasses are fine, I have more than enough artificial tears on hand, and thank you very much.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Now I know why my thread about seeing a VA Eye Doc is so popular.

I actually got to see the Doctor and get new glasses!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top