Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2021 10:25:09 AM EDT
ARF legal types, common situation I'm sure:
Dad passed away 2 years ago. Simple estate with two grown kids and joint home ownership in Texas with my mom. No weirdo situations or debts. I'm helping Mom get the title to her home put in her name only to facilitate selling the home later. I used an attorney to get an Affidavit of Heirship completed and filed with the Harris County Clerk. So that's done, but what happens now? Is the affidavit somehow adjudicated or is the fact that it's filed enough substantiation for the title company? Should I expect to hear something from the county? Months? Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
that should be the end of it but you can ask the lawyer who helped with the affidavit
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Resolution: I was able to confirm that once filed with the County Clerk, the title is officially changed without further action. Done!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top